ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European tour to be announced 'end of November' Return to archive
November 17th, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza Thanks to MAF on IORR for the article

http://www.rundschau-online.de/html/artikel/1132055213248.shtml

It's in German, so maybe someone can translate. Supposedly there will be an international press conference in London in late November (although the Stones are still in the US at that time which is a bit confusing..)

The article is mostly concerned with a Stones concert scheduled to take place in Cologne on July 23rd.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 17th, 2005 10:57 AM
thejuf Forty Licks Fanclub also received the news that the European tourdates will be announced shortly after 25 November.
from a well-informed source: Virgin Records.
November 17th, 2005 11:31 AM
Zeeta Gazza mate!
No surprises on the timing of the anouncement then...thanks Gazza. I wonder how many gigs the UK and Ireland will get?!?!

I'm hoping it's more than 8 or 9 which we had last time.

Also how hard are these literally "On Stage" tix are to come by?

I'm excited for the dates - do the tickets go on sale straight away usually?

Sorry Gazza!
November 17th, 2005 11:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Gazza mate!
No surprises on the timing of the anouncement then...thanks Gazza. I wonder how many gigs the UK and Ireland will get?!?!

I'm hoping it's more than 8 or 9 which we had last time.

Also how hard are these literally "On Stage" tix are to come by?

I'm excited for the dates - do the tickets go on sale straight away usually?

Sorry Gazza!

think we got 11 last time, no? (counting Dublin)

Doubt we'll get more this time, to be honest as it seems to be mostly stadiums, but who knows. Theres talk we might get some smaller shows at the end of the tour

The "on stage" tickets for the stadium shows on the American leg were only announced and went on sale in the week before the tour started. By that time most of the shows had been on sale for a few months. It would make sense if they put them on sale at the same time (but then "common sense" and "Rolling Stones organization" dont belong in the same sentence). Now they have the stage set up organised, youd hope they would. Theres only a couple of hundred of them, though. So I guess they'd be a tough ticket to get. If you really want them (and opinions vary as to how good they are) it might be easier to try and go for them in a city with a lesser demand for tickets (ie, Not London or Amsterdam etc!)

Tickets dont go on sale right away, in most cases. Especially as the Stones have a pre-sale window. Usually you get a few days notice. Thing with Europe is that there are different promoters, ticket agencies etc across different countries so arrangements may vary slightly from one country to another.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 17th, 2005 12:17 PM
Zeeta
Man thanks for this!

UK gigs - Manchester, London Twickenham 2, GAY bar or whatever its called - Astoria!, Dublin 2, Glasgow 2 and wembley?! Dunno...but there's no doubt you do know!

"(but then "common sense" and "Rolling Stones organization" dont belong in the same sentence). "

But "Gazza" and "Rolling Stones knowledge" DO always go in the same sentence man!!

November 17th, 2005 12:26 PM
JaggerLips I'VE SO GOT IN INFAMY!!!!

I think I'll be driving too fast to get tickets!!!!
November 17th, 2005 12:40 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
UK gigs - Manchester, London Twickenham 2, GAY bar or whatever its called - Astoria!, Dublin 2, Glasgow 2 and wembley?! Dunno...but there's no doubt you do know!

There were 3 shows at Wembley Arena, so in total 11.
November 17th, 2005 05:24 PM
montana i read a news on a spanish news site and said european dates were going to be announced on nov. 29th...anyway the sooner, the better i cant wait
November 17th, 2005 07:01 PM
Daethgod hopefully that means they announce the Aussie shows soon

bring it on !!

November 17th, 2005 09:33 PM
Gazza I would guess they'll do them all around that same time, mate
November 18th, 2005 02:39 AM
FotiniD
quote:
montana wrote:
i read a news on a spanish news site and said european dates were going to be announced on nov. 29th...anyway the sooner, the better i cant wait

That's one day after my birthday
So now I'm sure waiting for a Stones treat - they'd better include Athens!
November 18th, 2005 05:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Why are they leaving it so late
November 18th, 2005 06:01 AM
Angiegirl It's not that late imo. It's usually late November, no?

Dutch tickets usually go on sale during the first week of December, so it all fits again...
November 18th, 2005 06:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Maybe.
Just seemed late to me.
November 18th, 2005 07:20 AM
Gazza nope..the last three full scale European tours were all announced around the same time. You can almost set your watch to it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)