ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A simple guide to creating audio torrents. Return to archive
November 16th, 2005 03:26 PM
Schooner333 A simple guide to creating audio torrents.

First of all I am going to assume that you are able to rip the audio tracks from your CD to .wav files. Once you have this done, you should convert the .wav files to .flac files. To do this, I recommend using "FLAC frontend", it is free and can be found here: FLAC frontend

To convert the files, simply drag the .wav's into FLAC frontend (or use the Add Files tab) and click "Encode".
Check that each track says "Verify OK", if for some reason any tracks show errors, just delete that track and encode again, they do not have to be converted all together.

Next you should create a new folder and title it exactly as you want your torrent to be named,

Example: Rolling Stones - Moncton - 2005-09-03 (flac)

Put all of the .flac files into this folder. Now you can add anything else you would like to go along in your torrent, a text file with some information about the disc is nice, also add some art work if you have it. Now that you have all of the files that you want in your folder it is time to create your torrent.

To do this, I recommend using "Make Torrent 2.1", again it is free and can be found here:

Make Torrent 2

To begin with, I always use Make Torrent in the Classic mode. Next click the "directory" tab and navigate to the
folder you created for your torrent. Also make sure that you check the box that says "1 torrent from entire folder".

Enter the "announce URL" for the tracker that you plan to upload to. You will usually find this at each trackers
upload page.

Now just click the "Create .torrent now!" tab and tell it where you would like to save the .torrent file (do not save it within your "torrent" folder).

THAT'S IT!, your torrent is now ready to be uploaded, follow the instructions at the tracker to do so.

NOTE: This guide is intended as a starter for those that need some help. I know that there are always other ways to do things, and other software to use. This is just one proven method, I've tried to keep things simple.

[Edited by Schooner333]
[Edited by Schooner333]
November 16th, 2005 05:37 PM
Back Street Girl Thank you
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)