ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worldwide sales of A Bigger Bang? plus a few other questions Return to archive
November 15th, 2005 07:39 PM
Poison Dart I know the album was # 1 on the global chart for at least a couple of weeks (I think it may have been #1 for 3 weeks)
I'm under the understanding that the worldwide sales have done quite well. While after a quick start in the US (#3) and UK (#2) the album sales slowed. Does anybody know the following questions?

A)How many copies ABB has sold worldwide?

B)Will the sales of the special edition be counted in overall sales of ABB. How many sales will this SE generate? (best guess)

C)How many other worldwide #1 albums have the Stones had and which abums were they?

D) How many worldwide copies did Dirty Work, Steel Wheels,Voodoo and B2B sell?

E)ABB hit #1 on the World and European charts as well as many indivual country charts. Exactly how many countries did A Bigger Bang hit #1 and which countries did it hit #1?

F)I heard that the Stones might break their own record with this world tour. Does anybody know how many people the tour will play to? Is it true they are playing to 99% capacity as is being reported in the media?

G) Are they still the biggest touring act in the world?

H) Are the Stones still the biggest act (a vague question) in the world when you take 1)concert tickets 2)Album sales 3)media attention into account?

Thanks in advance
[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]
November 15th, 2005 09:01 PM
Soldatti You didn't ask for nothing, isn't it?

A)How many copies ABB has sold worldwide?

1.9 million. The sales dropped a lot during the last two weeks.

B)Will the sales of the special edition be counted in overall sales of ABB. How many sales will this SE generate? (best guess)

It will be counted all together, normal version and SE. I don't think that the sales of the SE will be too much, maybe another 50-75k in US and another 150-200k worldwide. BEST GUESS.

C)How many other worldwide #1 albums have the Stones had and which abums were they?

The world chart started on 2002 and ABB was the only #1 album. Forty Licks was 3 weeks #2 behind Elvis.
I guess that SW, VL and B2B were #1 back then.

D) How many worldwide copies did Dirty Work, Steel Wheels,Voodoo and B2B sell?

DW - 2.5m (maybe more) / SW - 6m / VL - 5.5m / B2B - 4m

E)ABB hit #1 on the World and European charts as well as many indivual country charts. Exactly how many countries did A Bigger Bang hit #1 and which countries did it hit #1?

ABB reached #1 in 10 countries: Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Slovenia, Canada and Argentina. I guess that reached #1 in other countries without charts as Peru, Chile or Mexico among many others.

F)I heard that the Stones might break their own record with this world tour. Does anybody know how many people the tour will play to? Is it true they are playing to 99% capacity as is being reported in the media?

F1 - Cohl report the first numbers at the end of the US first leg and the whole numbers when the tour is done.
F2 - I guess that they will play for 3.5/4m people.
F3 - Bullshit

G) Are they still the biggest touring act in the world?

I think that they're HEAD to HEAD with U2.

H) Are the Stones still the biggest act (a vague question) in the world when you take 1)concert tickets 2)Album sales 3)media attention into account?

The title goes, easy, to U2 if we take all that things.
November 15th, 2005 09:57 PM
Poison Dart Thanks for the help

How many copies do you think ABB will end up selling worldwide?

How many would you guess it will end up selling in the US?
November 15th, 2005 10:16 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
How many copies do you think ABB will end up selling worldwide?

How many would you guess it will end up selling in the US?

3m worldwide

750/800k in US (best guess)
November 16th, 2005 06:15 AM
corgi37 Wonder how many the rarities crap fest will sell? Could make Goddess in the Doorway look like Dark side of the moon!
November 16th, 2005 07:27 AM
Gazza 3k worldwide

750/800 in US (best guess)
November 16th, 2005 10:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
3k worldwide

750/800 in US (best guess)

750 US copies...wont the caffeine addcits just suck this thing up at Starbucks! What better way to get your day started than with a cup of Joe and the rare live Mannish Boy
November 16th, 2005 10:33 AM
Gazza Once they get a whiff of Anyway You Look At It, I guarantee you'll have no problem in getting a table
November 16th, 2005 10:41 AM
glencar If they'd thrown in a couple of true rarities, they'd have helped themselves. To another 500 sales...
November 16th, 2005 03:25 PM
gimmekeef With all those stupid coffee machines makin noises at Starbucks who could hear a song anyway!......
November 17th, 2005 09:50 AM
JaggerLips I was going to buy a load to tile my bedroom wall, thought I'd just blow a load of money. Very rock and roll and very stupid!

LOL
November 17th, 2005 10:44 AM
Gazza Nothing wrong with "blowing" something once in a while....!
November 17th, 2005 12:31 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nothing wrong with "blowing" something once in a while....!

This board is getting like a Carry On film

Carry On Getting Your Rocks Off
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)