ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie, I love you Return to archive
November 15th, 2005 03:02 PM
Dick Bush
I don't think (Mick) thinks he needs anybody's help. But I wonder if he's realized that he's way out on a limb. I feel like I'm his only friend. I know the way he lives. I know everybody else who knows him. I know that Charlie Watts dished him out a great fucking right hook and that was Charlie Watts saying, You and I have had it. It was 1984 or '85 (actually, October 1984, during a band meeting before the start of the Stones' recording sessions for Dirty Work in January 1985) and... Charlie punched him into a plate full of smoked salmon and he almost floated out the window along the table into a canal in Amsterdam. I just grabbed his leg and saved him from going out... (The fight) was about absolutely nothing. I had taken Mick out for a drink in Amsterdam, so at 5 in the morning, he came back to my room. He's drunk by now, Mick drunk is a sight to behold. Charlie was fast asleep. Is that my drummer? Why don't you get your arse down here? Charlie got dressed in a Savile Row suit, tie, shoes, shaved, came down, grabbed him and went boom! Don't ever call me "your drummer" again. You're my fucking singer. That was Charlie's way of saying, It's over, man. It went really downhill after that. If there was one other friend Mick had, it was Charlie. On top of that, Mick was very stupid. He forgave Charlie. There's nothing to forgive. Nothing left to forgive.

- Keith Richards, 1989

http://www.timeisonourside.com
November 15th, 2005 03:39 PM
kath and your point is_________________???
November 15th, 2005 03:49 PM
pdog
quote:
kath wrote:
and your point is_________________???

Right!!!
November 15th, 2005 04:08 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
pdog wrote:

Right!!!

LOL

Great pic!
November 15th, 2005 06:16 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
kath wrote:
and your point is_________________???

Cathy,

The hidden point is that all the rumors of Charlie being a choleric, bitchy guy are absolutely true... He dared to smear the fuckin singer with the smoked salmon, could you imagine that? Keef also confirmed what a sweetheart Mick is.

No question why Keef still respects his alleged "twin" more than Charlie... After I read this line today myself, my estimation of the sticky Micky continues to climb!

Darling, Charlie IS a rock. He is that silent power who kept these wacky egos toghether, believe it or not
November 15th, 2005 08:43 PM
kath well, first, i am KATH, not cathy....

secondly..the story about the punch is AGES old.....where the hell have you been???

and i still don't understand what the hell it is you are trying to communicate here. charlie punched mick many years ago. i believe everybody concerned was drunk at the time. and keith has a tendancy to "embellish" just a smidgen...

oh yeah..and i have met charlie, talked with him, and i know what kind of a guy he is.

[Edited by kath]
November 16th, 2005 10:51 AM
Dick Bush Kath, I live in a deep forest village, no wonder I know nothing, but isn't Dubya the president?

Thinking of the boiling Charlie polishing that big mouth - that was a lough!
November 16th, 2005 06:32 PM
kath another non-sequitor.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)