ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Dates - Standing or Seats ? Return to archive
November 15th, 2005 05:25 AM
Private Godfrey Does anyone have any idea if the european dates are going to be seated ?- is it a case of arriviving early on the day of the concert and getting a good position ??
November 15th, 2005 05:40 AM
Gazza I would imagine that it there would be standing in most stadiums, like last time. I would hope so, or the ticket prices will be horrendous like the (seated) Licks UK shows were.

I dont think there will be too many arena shows in Europe this time, although it seems there may be a few in the UK (Wembley Arena and NIA Birmingham have been rumoured for late August/early September)
November 15th, 2005 06:35 AM
Private Godfrey Thanks - Europe here i come !
November 15th, 2005 10:37 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT Hopefully we get some dates within the next 2 weeks...
November 15th, 2005 10:48 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER I pray every day : please no seats in europe
November 15th, 2005 11:08 AM
Private Godfrey Were the dates in arenas on the last tour standing on a first come first serve basis ?. i attended a staduim show in Milan and that was superb - bloody hot but worth the wait to get down the front and Rock it up. On the other hand i went to Twickenham, not so thrilling !
November 15th, 2005 12:11 PM
JaggerLips JUST ANNOUNCE THE UK DATES ALREADY. I'M JUST DYING TO SEE THEM AGAIN!!

PLEASE MICK I AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG YOU FOR THIS!
November 15th, 2005 12:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Private Godfrey wrote:
Were the dates in arenas on the last tour standing on a first come first serve basis ?. i attended a staduim show in Milan and that was superb - bloody hot but worth the wait to get down the front and Rock it up. On the other hand i went to Twickenham, not so thrilling !

Wembley Arena had reserved seats on the floor
Glasgow and Dublin were all standing on the floor. I think Paris was too

I think Manchester was all seated, although I wasnt at it so no doubt Billyboll, Jaggerlips or someone who was there can confirm that

Seats for all concerts on the last tour were reserved as far as I know.

If they can get away with having the venues all-seated, they'll do it because they can charge more for tickets but I would be surprised if there are more than 20% of the shows on this tour taking place indoors

There were meant to be more arena shows (and theatre shows) on the American leg until they got too greedy and priced themselves beyond what many arenas could offer them as a guarantee - which is why they ended up playing more stadiums and abandoning theatres altogether.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 15th, 2005 12:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
JUST ANNOUNCE THE UK DATES ALREADY.

cut this American lingo out now!
November 15th, 2005 12:17 PM
erikjjf The arena shows in Munich, Paris, Stockholm and Rotterdam 2003 had GA on the floor.
November 15th, 2005 12:20 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Wembley Arena had seats on the floor
Glasgow and Dublin were all standing. I think Paris was too

I think Manchester was all seated, although I wasnt at it so no doubt Billyboll, Jaggerlips or someone who was there can confirm that

I

Manchester was all seated, even around the B-Stage which I thought would be annoying, I was in the Gods almost but still had a great view as I was to the left of the stage and quite close. They should of had a screen though so that people could have seen them a lot better, that's my only criticism of the concert.
November 15th, 2005 12:22 PM
UGot2Rollme Manchester Licks show was reserved seating, but chaotic toward end as couple of stage jumpers appeared.
November 15th, 2005 12:22 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

cut this American lingo out now!

You Irish EGIT!
Okay
ANNOUNCE THE FECKIN' UK TOUR DATES FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS!
November 15th, 2005 12:23 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Manchester Licks show was reserved seating, but chaotic toward end as couple of stage jumpers appeared.

I was scared for Keith!
November 15th, 2005 12:37 PM
Jumping Jack Seats mean they can sell $100 memberships.
November 15th, 2005 07:45 PM
Stray Cat UK Jaggerlips wrote "I was scared for Keith"

I was scared for them - Keith was playing his Tele !

They were only young kids and looked like they were shitting themselves once they got up there !

I had the greatest b stage experience at Manchester. Keith was "in my face" as they say.

sc uk
November 15th, 2005 09:35 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

Manchester was all seated, even around the B-Stage which I thought would be annoying, I was in the Gods almost but still had a great view as I was to the left of the stage and quite close. They should of had a screen though so that people could have seen them a lot better, that's my only criticism of the concert.

Yes indeed. It was pants, I was about 5-6 seats from the front of the B-Stage, and the seats didn't lend themselves to my enjoyment. People who were sitting down behind us were complaining, thats bollocks, especially when they're playing Brown Sugar! The seats seem to hinder you loosening up....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)