ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Just Heard Jiving Sister Fanny For The First Time And... Return to archive
November 14th, 2005 10:40 PM
Bruno Stone ...why it is not a oficial release is beyond me. They let it on the can, how it could happen???? FUCKING KILLER song, and that solo, fuck...

And is it just me or when Mick was recording it he was attempting to let everybody know he was the best rock n roll singer ever? Serious, I got impressed by Mick, my God, he is THE man... Philadelphia PA, HUN HUN HUN HUN, the way he sings this bit is priceless. And in the final moments, along Taylor`s solo, he`s so strong, as rock n roll got to sound.

I am delighted with the song. Still can`t say what the best thing in it. A good recording session to everyone of them, hun? A perfect guitar work: Keith riffing and Taylor slashing his solo ( I suspect by the sound it was a Gibson Les Paul, am I right?) and Mick singing his "ass off", as you say.

As far as I know, JSF was made to Let It Bleed, right?
November 15th, 2005 12:29 AM
Zack It was released - on Metamorphosis - and sounds truly killer on the hybrid mastering. It also the b side of the Out of Time single.

To me, it sounds like the Faces, but I'm not sure the Faces were even formed when it was recorded.
November 15th, 2005 01:02 AM
glencar Yes, it was amde for LIB. The book I have says that the vocal is a "guide" vocal & the song was considered anachronistic.
November 15th, 2005 04:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
...why it is not a oficial release is beyond me. They let it on the can, how it could happen???? FUCKING KILLER song, and that solo, fuck...

As far as I know, JSF was made to Let It Bleed

your last paragraph answers your original question.

The songs on LIB are superior (as they are on SF and EOMS, which also included songs written from this era..)

That, plus the fact that, while its musically very good, the song obviously isnt finished and the lyrics are a throwaway would explain why its only official release was on 'Metamorphosis'.
November 15th, 2005 05:10 AM
corgi37 Throwaway or not, its bloody brilliant. And, think of the other stuff the band didnt like.

Keith thought Satisfaction was gimmicky.

Mick doesnt like Exile.

Start me up was abandoned for nearly 8 years.

Maybe THEY shouldnt decide what to release. Maybe WE should.

Somehow.
November 15th, 2005 05:53 AM
Gazza I'll sign up as Curator of the Archives, quite happily!

for free!

Shit, I'll even write the liner notes for the next Rarities CD. I guarantee they'll be reasonably factually accurate.

Howzat?
November 15th, 2005 10:06 AM
Gimme Shelter I would love for them to play JSF tonight in SF. I know it won't happen, but it would be cool.
November 15th, 2005 10:23 AM
gimmekeef Gimme Shelter..no the wont play JSF but they NEED to play the song your nick is all about!
November 15th, 2005 10:26 AM
gimmekeef Bruno...I too love JSF..if you like that one then another non released called "Living in the Heart of Love" is one I think you'd like too...I can email if you want it....
November 15th, 2005 11:21 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Bruno...I too love JSF..if you like that one then another non released called "Living in the Heart of Love" is one I think you'd like too...I can email if you want it....

Oh, Gustavo Bala once told me about how great that song is... How I do email you? Thanks in advanced
November 15th, 2005 01:33 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gimme Shelter..no the wont play JSF but they NEED to play the song your nick is all about!

Right on!! I am getting hyped for tonight's show.
November 15th, 2005 01:41 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:

Oh, Gustavo Bala once told me about how great that song is... How I do email you? Thanks in advanced

Bruno...email me [email protected]...
November 15th, 2005 06:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Throwaway or not, its bloody brilliant. And, think of the other stuff the band didnt like.

Keith thought Satisfaction was gimmicky.

Mick doesnt like Exile.

Start me up was abandoned for nearly 8 years.

Maybe THEY shouldnt decide what to release. Maybe WE should.

Somehow.

You nailed it Corgi, they need to hire people with Stones knowledge and not amateur geeks.
November 16th, 2005 06:42 AM
corgi37 And another thing. Is this the best they can do as far as rarities goes since 1971? It's frigging pathetic. But, also goes to disprove the bullshit they've been spinning about how much they had to cull tracks from sessions. Wasnt SW, VL, B2B, and of course, LICKS, supposed to have tonnes of stuff recorded, in the can, and ready for inclusion some where?
November 16th, 2005 07:26 AM
Gazza theres a significant difference between a 'rarity' and something thats unreleased

Thet recorded plenty of songs for VL for sure, but both SW and BTB had about 16-17 songs shortlisted for inclusion on the finished album. Both of those albums were recorded over a couple of months, whereas the VL sessions took place over most of the second half of 1993

They didnt finish that many songs for 40 Licks. Whilst they apparently 'recorded' about 28 songs, they were only in the studio for two weeks so I doubt that too many got past the 'demo' stage, other than the 4 that were released.
November 16th, 2005 10:47 AM
glencar Pity "Losing MY Touch" was the final result.
November 16th, 2005 03:52 PM
Ronnie Richards JSF is also on Singles Collection- The London Years.
Which everybody really should have.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)