ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones videos for ipod Return to archive
November 14th, 2005 03:12 PM
Saint Sway well.... WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY????

now that ipod has launched their new video ipod's you'd think you'd be able to download some Stones vids. But nope! U2's jumped all over this. Ipod is pumping their new video in its ads. U2's even on the new boxes and in the print ads.

I've downloaded some cool ones. Got a Ryan Adams documentary! Tons of bands have videos up for download.... but not a single Stones video. You'd think they didnt have a new album out to promote.

I guess, in 2005 the only way to see a Stones video is to watch daytime soap operas

40 years ago they mocked stay-at-home housewives in songs like Mothers Little Helper. Today, its their target audience.

"what a drag it is getting old"
November 14th, 2005 03:18 PM
Nellcote Wow!
Can't wait to see "Summer of '69" on my Ipod!
Great to see Adams is making all available
Thanks for the 411....
November 14th, 2005 03:24 PM
Saint Sway of course YOU would be excited about BRIAN Adams
November 14th, 2005 03:29 PM
Nellcote Cuts Like A Knife had a hot chick for an 80's video..
Sometimes the posts on this site are like the
result of her diving into that pool without the water...
November 14th, 2005 03:45 PM
Saint Sway Streets Of Love video has a pretty girl in it.

And its the type of sentimental ballad that Nellcote and other fans of Brian Adams songs like "Everything I Do, I Do For You" will appreciate.
November 14th, 2005 04:07 PM
gimmekeef Sorry but cant get excited watching a 1.5 inch screen....
November 15th, 2005 01:22 AM
glencar Yeah really, man. Ipods blow.
November 15th, 2005 05:17 AM
corgi37 I have zero interest in ipods, as i did with mp-3 players. they have ruined music. Now its "Wow, i can store 100,000 songs on here! I think i will download 50 a night.

The "specialness" of buyin a record/cd, learning the tracks, studying the lyrics, the cover art, who's who on the music, is all gone. The mystery is gone. It's just a fucking race to boast about how many songs you have, and the reality that you will listen on only about 5% of those songs.

November 15th, 2005 07:28 AM
Nellcote BTW, it's BRYAN ADAMS.
That's how this Ryan's parents named him, as a tribute
to 80's rock.
You can thank me later Sway for correcting
your 80's rock legends.
November 15th, 2005 10:36 AM
JuanTCB
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have zero interest in ipods, as i did with mp-3 players. they have ruined music. Now its "Wow, i can store 100,000 songs on here! I think i will download 50 a night.

The "specialness" of buyin a record/cd, learning the tracks, studying the lyrics, the cover art, who's who on the music, is all gone. The mystery is gone. It's just a fucking race to boast about how many songs you have, and the reality that you will listen on only about 5% of those songs.

I've gotta disagree with you, Corgi. I got my Ipod about a year ago and it has changed the way I listen to music. Granted, I live in NYC and everywhere I go is either via foot or subway, so I listen to it constantly - whereas in a car you've got other options - radio or a cassette/CD player. With a walkman or a discman, you're limited to whatever tapes/CDs you're lugging around with you. When I did that, I'd always kind of fall into a rut of listening to the same old shit. Now, I have everything I own pretty much at my fingertips - I can pull up whatever I want to hear within seconds. Plus, if you rip the songs at a high bitrate and get some real headphones (those little white buds they give you suck), the sound is amazing.

As for ruining music, good stuff is still good stuff and shit is still shit. "Goddess In The Doorway" wouldn't be any better on vinyl, would it? There are other ways to find out who played on what, etc. - that whole aspect has lost a lot of magic since LPs got shrunk down to CDs, anyway.

November 15th, 2005 06:09 PM
Soldatti Give them time Saint Sway.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)