ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hapton Box Set? Return to archive
November 13th, 2005 05:50 PM
Rip This Joint I know, now, there are apparently some fake bootleg copies, but was the Hampton Road '81 Box Set ever an official release, or just a well put together bootleg?
November 13th, 2005 06:46 PM
lotsajizz always a bootleg...mine came in an LP box with 3 records inside...I was a senior in high school that December when the show was on HBO/pay-per-view....we were taking Mick's advice to heart
November 13th, 2005 07:37 PM
Rip This Joint Are they good quality? The CD Box Set (at least the one I wanna get) has 2 CD's. Are there any discs missing?
November 13th, 2005 07:49 PM
lotsajizz the LP's were/are good quality...if the CD transfer is OK, they should be also...the show itself was decently recorded, not as good as later, but still decent. Like all '81 shows they suffer from the guitars being mixed too low
November 13th, 2005 07:53 PM
voodoopug i remember it was broadcast on "ONTV"
November 13th, 2005 08:14 PM
Rip This Joint
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the LP's were/are good quality...if the CD transfer is OK, they should be also...the show itself was decently recorded, not as good as later, but still decent. Like all '81 shows they suffer from the guitars being mixed too low

It's from The Swingin' Pigs Records... Do you know anything about the quality on those (is the transfer good?) ?
November 14th, 2005 07:41 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
always a bootleg...mine came in an LP box with 3 records inside...I was a senior in high school that December when the show was on HBO/pay-per-view....we were taking Mick's advice to heart

What was Mick´s advice?
November 14th, 2005 08:19 AM
gimmekeef One of the better dvd versions out there for Hampton is a single disc with data on both sides with very professional artwork hardcover.Its sound has supposedly been upgraded by someone known as Jointrip I believe.I have it and its excellent...
November 14th, 2005 08:22 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:

What was Mick´s advice?

it also appeared on 'Still Life'
November 14th, 2005 09:18 AM
Flairville There are 2 Jointrip versions of Hampton '81. Both are excellent and must have's. It's my favourite show ever on DVD. 1 version is the Extended Edition which features the preshow, the boys backstage, Bill playing ping pong and prior tour footage, this is all in mono butwhen the show starts the sound is Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. The other version doesn't have the preshow but the sound is improved to 24 bit technology. Amazing stuff. Keith nailing the guy with the guitar, Ronnie falling over during Hang Fire and Micks coked up mouth on YCAGWYW.
Enjoy!!
November 14th, 2005 11:21 AM
glencar "drinking a few beers & smoking a joint" - Mick(paraphrased)
November 14th, 2005 02:20 PM
Jumping Jack Trade for the JT 24-bit sound DVD!!!
November 15th, 2005 05:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Rip This Joint wrote:
I know, now, there are apparently some fake bootleg copies, but was the Hampton Road '81 Box Set ever an official release, or just a well put together bootleg?

whats a 'fake bootleg' ?
November 15th, 2005 04:50 PM
marko I think the nicest one is Swingin Pigs.
November 15th, 2005 05:58 PM
stonesmachine
quote:
Flairville wrote:
There are 2 Jointrip versions of Hampton '81. Both are excellent and must have's. It's my favourite show ever on DVD. 1 version is the Extended Edition which features the preshow, the boys backstage, Bill playing ping pong and prior tour footage, this is all in mono butwhen the show starts the sound is Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. The other version doesn't have the preshow but the sound is improved to 24 bit technology. Amazing stuff. Keith nailing the guy with the guitar, Ronnie falling over during Hang Fire and Micks coked up mouth on YCAGWYW.
Enjoy!!

Maybe you could upload??? Please????
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)