ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rarities Booklet Return to archive
November 13th, 2005 02:11 PM
KeepRigid By way of Rick Galusha and Sticky Fingers Journal, here's a pdf of the cd booklet.

Track notes reveal that Miss You is the 12" single version (not the Dr. Dre remix), and IJWTMLTY is from the Japanese version of No Security.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GMWIXWIP2TMN1V47FE889OPWA
November 13th, 2005 03:00 PM
mac_daddy thanks.
November 13th, 2005 06:09 PM
Soldatti Thanks, good photos and notes.
November 14th, 2005 06:40 AM
Mathijs Wasn't Beast of Burden from Chicago, and not from LA (and it's NOT available on Sucking in the 70's)? Why didn't they include the electric version of Wild Horses from the Stripped sessions? The 12" version of Miss You actually is the original version, and the single version was edited down from the 12" version by Chris Kimsey, why does Jagger take credit for that? Isn't TD played in exact the same speed as the original?

One thing I am not sure about as I never listen to No Security: the remark about "we used to do it slow", isn't that remark on one of B-sides from 1990?

Mathijs

November 14th, 2005 07:05 AM
stonesmik I can't help it but somehow the remaining Stones must be real assholes. Not enough they were removing Bill Wyman from a 1978 picture that originally included him and used it as the front cover picture. I read through the booklet and it seems the Rolling Stones never had a bass player! Bill Wyman isn't mentioned anywhere.
November 14th, 2005 07:34 AM
Stray Cat UK Appalling CASH IN

Disgusting trearment of BILL WYMAN AND MICK TAYLOR

Can they stoop any lower.

I was amazed to see pictures of Bill / Brian in the tour programme . Surely an oversight ?

"You can keep the money pal !" - KR 2005.

sc uk
November 14th, 2005 06:28 PM
Soldatti Some BIG mistakes in the booklet:

- Ronnie Woods
- If I was A Dance (LIVE Dance Pt. 2) ????
- About Mixed Emotions: "The song wasn't a massive hit upon release" Actually, it was the last Top 5/10/20 hit in US to date.
- Let It Rock it turned up "rarely" on the '78 tour.
- Wish I'd Never Met You played "rarely". ????
November 14th, 2005 07:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
stonesmik wrote:
I can't help it but somehow the remaining Stones must be real assholes. Not enough they were removing Bill Wyman from a 1978 picture that originally included him and used it as the front cover picture. I read through the booklet and it seems the Rolling Stones never had a bass player! Bill Wyman isn't mentioned anywhere.

it appears you're right

Its a very disturbing thing to see this 'revisionist' rewriting and careful editing of the band's history, it certainly didnt used to be the case. Its obviously quite a conscious thing on their part and absolutely despicable

(someone said that on old footage used on the video screens on this tour, that Bill, Mick T and Brian have been edited out - is this correct?)

What a pity they couldnt devote the time used to ignore the contributions of these guys into employing someone capable of not only compiling an album that actually DOES consist of rarities but also of writing accurate sleevenotes. The factual mistakes on these are something that anyone with a basic knowledge of the Stones recorded history would be aware of.

They never cease to amaze me these days. Unfortunately, its usually for all the wrong reasons.
November 14th, 2005 07:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mathijs wrote:

One thing I am not sure about as I never listen to No Security: the remark about "we used to do it slow", isn't that remark on one of B-sides from 1990?

yes...its from the live b-side version of "I Just wanna make love to you" from Wembley 1990
November 14th, 2005 09:09 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Gazza wrote:
someone said that on old footage used on the video screens on this tour, that Bill, Mick T and Brian have been edited out - is this correct?

Yep Gazza, one video on this tour takes clips from the original IORR video from 1974 and magically, a younger Jagger (in his sailor suit) is accompanied by a young superimposed Ronnie Wood.

And I'm not surprised at all that Brian gets no mention in the liner notes and am actually shocked that MT gets any at all (albeit in an almost apologetic way). They have managed to airbrush out their wrinkles (Keith never looked so good!) and sadly their founding bass player, which is unforgivable given the content of the album.

I think that alone speaks volumes about how they want to be remembered.
November 14th, 2005 10:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Yep Gazza, one video on this tour takes clips from the original IORR video from 1974 and magically, a younger Jagger (in his sailor suit) is accompanied by a young superimposed Ronnie Wood.

Are you kidding, isn't it?

quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
And I'm not surprised at all that Brian gets no mention in the liner notes and am actually shocked that MT gets any at all (albeit in an almost apologetic way). They have managed to airbrush out their wrinkles (Keith never looked so good!) and sadly their founding bass player, which is unforgivable given the content of the album.

Well, the compilation is from 1971-2003 so Brian was not there. I'm surprised that Mick Taylor got TWO mentions.
I can't believe that Bill didn't get any mention, he plays on 9 songs!
November 15th, 2005 01:20 AM
glencar I'll have to pay better attention to that stupid video next time. I hadn't noticed the substitution of RW for MT.
November 15th, 2005 04:42 AM
Gazza Christ almighty. This band gets even more surreal by the day. They should have a "Ripleys Believe it or not" special devoted to the Rolling Stones' and their marketing and public relations disasters.

For all this "bring back Taylor/Wyman" nonsense, could you blame either of those guys if they DIDN'T want to play with these people again?
November 15th, 2005 05:26 AM
corgi37 It truly is bizarre. Lucky their tours are popular, cause of all the blunders they do, they wouldnt be able live off royalties. Dismal sales of a new release in 8 years, no clips (when they were needed), poor choice of 1st single (SOL), deals with soapies - it goes on and on!

Even shit like Live Licks, released 2 years after a tour. And this "rarities" crap, which is pretty much worthless. I understand some decisions are Virgin's, like Bigger Bang's (lack of) promotion, at least in places other than U.S., which has a tour to promote that cd (and, it STILL is a major flop), but much of the blame surely lies with the Glimmer Twins.
November 15th, 2005 02:26 PM
mmdog
I think a lot of folks are overeacting to the Video at the shows. The video features a bunch of Stones videos cut together. At one point Keith is slashing his guitar from the Love Is Strong video, and Mick is stepping from the Miss You video. It's not like they put Ronnie in a sailor suit and made it appear like he was in the IORR video. The whole thing is a well done collage of videos. People need to relax a little.
November 15th, 2005 02:33 PM
The_Worst
quote:
mmdog wrote:

I think a lot of folks are overeacting to the Video at the shows. The video features a bunch of Stones videos cut together. At one point Keith is slashing his guitar from the Love Is Strong video, and Mick is stepping from the Miss You video. It's not like they put Ronnie in a sailor suit and made it appear like he was in the IORR video. The whole thing is a well done collage of videos. People need to relax a little.

mmdog,

You are correct!!!
November 15th, 2005 02:48 PM
Joey " Christ almighty. This band gets even more surreal by the day. They should have a "Ripleys Believe it or not" special devoted to the Rolling Stones' and their marketing and public relations disasters."

Amen !

Michael Cohl's decision to have the band play in Denver on Thanksgiving Day is truly abysmal and ranks up there with Hitler's decision to march on Moscow ( circa 1941 ) .

Shiver .......................................

November 15th, 2005 07:36 PM
Stray Cat UK Cohl IS the antichrist .

Their behavour becomes more bizzare by the day.

Since Keith said that they would have carried on if Charlie had died, I've become a fan for music only.

Everytime Keith (once my hero) opens his mouth nowadays he talks bullshit IMHO

I'm sad sad sad.
November 16th, 2005 04:03 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Since Keith said that they would have carried on if Charlie had died, I've become a fan for music only.

Keith really said that?!
November 16th, 2005 04:15 PM
mrhipfl Actually according to guitar world magazine, Keith said, "probably not. As you say, God forbid. But at the same time, Mick and I kind of got over the hurdle this time and said 'well we could still make records..."
November 16th, 2005 05:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Actually according to guitar world magazine, Keith said, "probably not. As you say, God forbid. But at the same time, Mick and I kind of got over the hurdle this time and said 'well we could still make records..."

Obviously the "as long as I've got Charlie Watts playing behind me" mantra is now obsolete
[Edited by Gazza]
November 16th, 2005 06:24 PM
Soldatti Keith needs a kick in his ass. He's talking bullshit very often now.
November 17th, 2005 06:32 AM
corgi37 Maybe its a "Well, another $200mill is too good to say no to, know what i mean? Good to be here, good to be anywhere. Good to be the king".
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)