ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Johnny Depp to be Keith's neighbour in Connecticut (VLSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 12th, 2005 05:43 AM
Monkey Woman Maybe this is old news here but if not, I think it's cute... Depp is homesick, but he wants his American home to be as close as possible to his pal Keith Richards's!

http://www.nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/15010/index.html

Johnny Depp: Suburbanite?
Weston, ho!

By Beth Landman

Although Johnny Depp has been living mostly in France since 1998, the word on the quiet, tree-lined streets of tony, rural Weston, Connecticut, is that he’s discovered that some things function better back home. In 2003, Depp was quoted saying he didn’t want to raise his kids in the U.S.: “America is dumb, it’s like a dumb puppy . . . I’d like them [his children] to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out.” According to the town rumor mill, Weston’s top-ranked schools attracted Depp, his girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis, and their two kids into returning from their exile. He’s said to have paid close to $10 million for a big white traditional house on nine acres that he’s partly gutted and is doubling in size. Depp apparently fell in love with the town when he was visiting his friend Keith Richards, the inspiration for his campy, Oscar-nominated performance in Pirates of the Caribbean (Paul Newman and Christopher Walken also live in the area). Depp’s rep, Robin Baum, denied that he was becoming a suburbanite.
November 12th, 2005 05:49 AM
corgi37 "Neighbours, neighbours, neighbours, neighbours - Neighbours... have i got neighbours?

Or, to quote Ice-T

"There goes the neighbourhood"
November 12th, 2005 09:33 PM
keithriffhard this ought to be great. What projects could come from these two working together???????
November 13th, 2005 01:36 AM
Egbert Looks like Keith has another stalker to worry about...
November 13th, 2005 03:24 AM
exile Keith & Johnny at the Hollywood Bowl on November 8, 2005 - photos courtesy of Getty Images:

November 13th, 2005 09:13 AM
Lavendar LOVVVVE it!!!!
November 13th, 2005 12:21 PM
chevysales weston is very nice... big money fairfield county.

November 13th, 2005 02:31 PM
kath must......stop........drooling..........
November 13th, 2005 02:39 PM
LadyJane Great shots.....of Keef and Johnny.

I was on the phone with gypsy last night as she was downloading and resizing these pics for us.

It takes a lot of her time and we THANK HER!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
November 13th, 2005 02:45 PM
Bloozehound Go back to france
November 13th, 2005 06:49 PM
lotsajizz nothing more despicable than an ignorant, arrogant American who forgets where this nation would be without the help of France
November 13th, 2005 07:20 PM
PeerQueer Those two are so incredibly stoned.

Awesome!

I used to think the whole "I love Keith" thing from JD was actually blown out of proportion by the media after the Pirates film exploded, but those two clearly share a genuine admiration for each other.

I hope the film execs handle Keith's role in the upcoming film well - it could prove quite special. Methinks Depp is already fighting to ensure that is just what happens.

Keith could end up an even greater cultural icon than he already is - Mick will not like this one bit. He is likely already jealous of all the time Keith gets to spend with sweet JD...
November 13th, 2005 08:47 PM
telecaster
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Go back to france

It is pretty funny. Depp said he would never live in America again because it was "too violent" and moved to Paris

Now Paris is burning for 17 days in a row and he comes crawling back to live in the Conn. countryside

November 13th, 2005 09:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Great shots.....of Keef and Johnny.

I was on the phone with gypsy last night as she was downloading and resizing these pics for us.

It takes a lot of her time and we THANK HER!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

You are more than welcome, LJ. The originals are about five times the size that they are posted, so it takes a LONG time to resize them. But it's worth it so that everyone can enjoy them.
November 13th, 2005 09:35 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
telecaster wrote:

It is pretty funny. Depp said he would never live in America again because it was "too violent" and moved to Paris

Now Paris is burning for 17 days in a row and he comes crawling back to live in the Conn. countryside

you gotta admit--it IS ironic, of course the # of deaths in the French 'rampage' is less than a normal weekend in Detroit

November 13th, 2005 09:56 PM
glencar Thanks Gypsy!

And stay in France Deppy. We don't want your type here!
November 13th, 2005 10:27 PM
LadyJane Give Depp a break!!! Has he hurt someone by stating his feelings??

So he chooses to reside outside of the United States...excuse me...is that now a CRIME????

I love you guys..but this anti-French, pro-Bush agenda stuff is getting so fucking old.

Talk to most people on the streets of an average urban US city and you'll hear lots of complaints about the politics of this Administration.........but that's not the point.

George Clooney has a home in Lake Como, Italy....treason??

John Malkovich also resides in France.......behead him???

Madonna....lives in England......Scarlett Letter for her???

Please...

Now start quoting all of the negative things JD has said against the US Gov't...and paint ME as a Liberal nut.

I still believe in freedom of speech....DO YOU??????

And where the hell has TOLERANCE gone???

I usually don't get into this stuff...but dammit...I have my right to speak too!!!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
November 13th, 2005 10:39 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Give Depp a break!!!

So he chooses to reside outside of the United States...excuse me...is that now a CRIME????

I love you guys..but this anti-French, pro-Bush agenda stuff is getting so fucking old.

Talk to most people on the streets of an average urban US city and you'll hear lots of complaints about the politics of this Administration.........but that's not the point.

George Clooney has a home in Lake Como, Italy....treason??

John Malkovich also resides in France.......behead him???

Madonna....lives in England......Scarlett Letter for her???

Please...

Now start quoting all of the negative things JD has said against the US Gov't...and paint ME as a Liberal nut.

I still believe in freedom of speech....DO YOU??????

LJ.

I couldn't agree with you more, LJ. Those are some great points that you made.
I'd move out of this country in a second if I had Depp's kind of money.
I have such respect for Depp because he makes it a point in all of his interviews to let everyone know that Keith is not to be dismissed as a drug addict/idiot/loser. He adores Keith and gives him the respect that he deserves. I'm thankful that Johnny is spreading the word about Keith and letting everyone know that Keith is an extremely intelligent and well-read man.
Yay for Johnny for recognizing that and for being one of Keith's strongest supporters.
November 13th, 2005 10:46 PM
glencar Clooney's a loser who makes movies with a smaller audience each time. Madonna is increasingly silly. Malko-who?
November 13th, 2005 11:08 PM
playguitar
Thank you Lady Jane.

This is a free country and when people try to browbeat you into keeping quiet, you have the god given right to politely tell them to go fuk themselves. Thats the beauty of living in a democracy. As for Jonny Depp. He has obviously realized that the good old USA aint all that bad. So welcome him home, is what I say !!!

November 13th, 2005 11:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
telecaster wrote:

He's learned well, knows when to raise his terror alert from run to hide too

November 13th, 2005 11:21 PM
glencar Nobody's browbeating anyone around here. LJ said her piece & it still stands there. Lighten up, gimme!
November 13th, 2005 11:33 PM
exile Man Im glad I dont live in the states, with a fucking maniac in charge over there.

lets invade iraq for Weapons of mass destruction....oops sorry now its called operation liberate Iraq.

what a crock of shit.
November 14th, 2005 12:04 AM
glencar Thankfully, Mr. Howard & all the Aussies backed us...
November 14th, 2005 12:16 AM
exile This is a president can’t even provide proper relief to his own countrymen and women in flood devastated areas.

have a look at Iraq now. what a fucking mess.

I have a childhood friend who was killed in Iraq. he was a sound recordist for NBC. Nice to know he died for George Bushes Oil war. Im sure that gives his parents comfort at night.

November 14th, 2005 01:37 AM
gypsy
quote:
playguitar wrote:

Thank you Lady Jane.

This is a free country and when people try to browbeat you into keeping quiet, you have the god given right to politely tell them to go fuk themselves. Thats the beauty of living in a democracy. As for Jonny Depp. He has obviously realized that the good old USA aint all that bad. So welcome him home, is what I say !!!

LJ's post was actually quite diplomatic. You don't know her like I do - she is very polite and ladylike. She would never "browbeat" anyone into keeping quiet. Perhaps you should read the thread again - it is about the photos, not politics.
It sucks that some people tried to ruin a damn good photo thread with politics.
November 14th, 2005 01:40 AM
exile
Im just saying I agree with Mr. Depps views and he sould not be called a traitor for leaving the USA.
Thats all.

http://media.uselessjunk.org/videos/warpe.wmv

[Edited by exile]
November 14th, 2005 01:40 AM
gypsy
quote:
exile wrote:
Man Im glad I dont live in the states, with a fucking maniac in charge over there.

lets invade iraq for Weapons of mass destruction....oops sorry now its called operation liberate Iraq.

what a crock of shit.

I'm glad you don't live here either.
Please do not take photos that I've posted and post them on other threads. Those are photos from my account, and you do not have permission to re-post them. It's common sense, common courtesy, and a crock of shit.
November 14th, 2005 01:44 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I have such respect for Depp because he makes it a point in all of his interviews to let everyone know that Keith is not to be dismissed as a drug addict/idiot/loser. He adores Keith and gives him the respect that he deserves. I'm thankful that Johnny is spreading the word about Keith and letting everyone know that Keith is an extremely intelligent and well-read man.
Yay for Johnny for recognizing that and for being one of Keith's strongest supporters.

agreed gypsy - and further kudos to johnny for doing much the same thing for hunter thompson (note gonzo t - shirt in the picture)

johnny in fact paid for the cannon blast of thompson's ashes at his recent memorial service

lucky old johnny - not only has he got to hang out with my two all time heroes but he's also portrayed both of them
November 14th, 2005 01:57 AM
exile
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm glad you don't live here either.
Please do not take photos that I've posted and post them on other threads. Those are photos from my account, and you do not have permission to re-post them. It's common sense, common courtesy, and a crock of shit.

Seriously gypsy there is a right and a wrong way to ask.
I am not aware that reposting photos on this site was a offence, all you had to do was ask in a polite manner.

It not like I was posting them elsewhere and profiting off them. Hey! dont overact or anything ok.

quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
and further kudos to johnny for doing much the same thing for hunter thompson (note gonzo t - shirt in the picture)
johnny in fact paid for the cannon blast of thompson's ashes at his recent memorial service

lucky old johnny - not only has he got to hang out with my two all time heroes but he's also portrayed both of them

Hi SIA
Indeed Hunter S Thompson was another of my all time heroes also (as well as keith)

Johnny Depp is heading that way himself. To being a legend himself. Good on him.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)