ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Harold!
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - November 18, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Billboard news this week: ABB, ONNYA Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 11th, 2005 06:14 PM
Soldatti ONNYA debuted at #35 this week on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks.
ONNYA is the 34th Stones' entry on this chart and the second US charting single from ABB. Rough Justice reached #25 on late August and after 15 weeks on chart, it remains on the last position of the chart, at #40. It's the first time since February 1998 that two Stones singles shared a week on this chart, the songs back then were Flip The Switch and Saint Of Me.
Meanwhile, ABB is #84 after 9 weeks with 338,000 copies sold so far.
November 12th, 2005 06:59 AM
corgi37 What a total flop.
November 12th, 2005 07:17 AM
IzzyStradlin 338,000.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
November 12th, 2005 11:41 AM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What a total flop.

Actually, it's the best selling album from the old gang.
It sold more than Macca, Clapton, Neil Young, Dylan...
November 12th, 2005 12:06 PM
mac_daddy wait til after xmas before making any judgements on the sales...
November 12th, 2005 12:43 PM
mrt should we not be happy that the stones are still at it and not worry that it hasn't sold millions of copies.
November 12th, 2005 01:39 PM
PeerQueer I wish they would make a sweet vid for ONNYA - the song is fantastic and calls out for a deserving visual.

Throw a few million at it and get it done boys!

If properly marketed, that song alone would have moved a half albums in the U.S.

...Should have been the title of the album as well...
November 12th, 2005 01:40 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I wish they would make a sweet vid for ONNYA - the song is fantastic and calls out for a deserving visual.

Throw a few million at it and get it done boys!

If properly marketed, that song alone would have moved a half albums in the U.S.

...Should have been the title of the album as well...

er- a half million albums that is!
November 12th, 2005 01:49 PM
telecaster
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Actually, it's the best selling album from the old gang.
It sold more than Macca, Clapton, Neil Young, Dylan...

And Bruce

People don't buy albums anymore, obviously
November 14th, 2005 07:40 AM
corgi37 They buy country or rap crap by the bucket load!
November 14th, 2005 06:36 PM
CraigP I thought that horrible song "Rain Fell Down" was the next single! I was wishing ONNYA would be the next one! Good career choice by the boys.
November 14th, 2005 08:31 PM
Soldatti
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I thought that horrible song "Rain Fell Down" was the next single! I was wishing ONNYA would be the next one! Good career choice by the boys.

RFD will be the single in the rest of the world.
November 14th, 2005 09:41 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
They buy country or rap crap by the bucket load!

Yeah, fuck those motherfuckers!

In the heat of the day down in Mobile, Alabama
Working on the railroad with the steel driving hammer
Gotta make some money to buy some brand new shoes
Tryin' to find somebody to take away these blues
"She don't love me" hear them singing in the sun
Payday's coming and my work is all done

Later in the evening when the sun is sinking low
All day I been waiting for the whistle to blow
Sitting in a teepee built right on the tracks
Rolling them bones until the foreman comes back
Pick up you belongings boys and scatter about
We've got an off-schedule train comin? two miles about

Everybody's scrambling, running around
Picking up their money, tearing the teepee down
Foreman wants to panic, ?bout to go insane
Trying to get the workers out the way of the train
Engineer blows the whistle loud and long
Can't stop the train, gotta let it roll on

LET IT ROCK!
November 15th, 2005 01:17 AM
glencar Uh, that's a rarity!
November 15th, 2005 03:55 AM
marko people don´t buy anything,they download.
November 15th, 2005 01:15 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
They buy country or rap crap by the bucket load!

That is true. A Bigger Bang rules!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 15th, 2005 01:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

That is true. A Bigger Bang rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot find anything bad to say about ABB, i think it is head and shoulders above BTB and right up there with Voodoo (which is one of my top 5 or 6)
November 15th, 2005 01:33 PM
voodoopug please note though, that the predictions by jb and I were correct, and we have been correct about 99.9% of the time:

We were correct about the sales..it has only 338k and not reached gold as predicted..

the boards seem much slower without us posting together (joey too). While many disagree with his posts, routine attacks on him made things interesting. Hopefully he will catch up with his work and can return to posting as he is missed.
[Edited by voodoopug]
November 15th, 2005 02:27 PM
gimmekeef Does it really matter who else buys what?...I like ABB and could care less if I'm the only one that does....
November 15th, 2005 03:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Does it really matter who else buys what?...I like ABB and could care less if I'm the only one that does....

to some of us it sure does...we are only two gold records from passing the Beatles (perhaps soldatti can confirm?)

it has only taken us thirty plus years to catch up. We have been humbled, no wonder Macca sells out quicker in places like Omaha!
November 15th, 2005 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

to some of us it sure does...we are only two gold records from passing the Beatles (perhaps soldatti can confirm?)

it has only taken us thirty plus years to catch up. We have been humbled, no wonder Macca sells out quicker in places like Omaha!

Regarding the Denver , CO THANKSGIVING DAY performance ..

Yes , the PCENTER has ‘ state –of –the –art ‘ plumbing ( wide bores ) with prodigious and immaculate
toilet facilities to handle any potential ‘ overload ‘ via the post Thanksgiving Feastings .

In fact , …………………. Just thinking about it makes Joey :

********* END TRANSMISSION *******

November 15th, 2005 06:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

U2 tour gross so far: $256,480,788
ATTENDANCE: 3,006,289
SHOWS: 88
SELLOUTS: 88
November 16th, 2005 08:47 AM
gimmekeef Soldatti....your U2 figures show an average attendance of over 34,000 per show.They are playing arenas right?....How can 34,000 fit in a 17,000 seat arena???.....Just an observation...
November 16th, 2005 09:14 AM
IanBillen [quote]marko wrote:
people don´t buy anything,they download.

Very True. Take for instance this website. My guess is 30-40% of the folks tht would of normally bought the album 10-15 years ago just downloaded it. And we are the Stones fanatics. Imagine those who are not entirely fanatics. My guess is 40-50% of those who wanted to hear it just downloaded it or burnt it.

Not to mention, as already has been mentioned that Rap/Hip Hop sells still quite well for the major albums. The seller of the music industry is Hip-Hop/Rap and country. Those three are 80% of the market. Rock/Pop make up the rest. So at one time Rock had dominated sales. Today it is really over-shadowed.

That doesn't help either. Still it is will make double platinum. A couple million records sold. Not too shgabby. Sure there are many selling much more like Mariah Carrey, or 50 Cent.

*But who in Rock is really selling?......not too many, and the3 ones that are are not selling much. Our boys may truly be the only fuckers holding that aspect of music in place man. Them and the White Stripes. That says alot.

Ian
November 16th, 2005 09:23 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Beatles may have broken up in 1970, but that hardly means they stopped releasing albums in 1970. Same with Elvis...
November 16th, 2005 10:22 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The Beatles may have broken up in 1970, but that hardly means they stopped releasing albums in 1970. Same with Elvis...

excellent point. we still are humiliated.
November 16th, 2005 11:24 AM
Soldatti
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Soldatti....your U2 figures show an average attendance of over 34,000 per show.They are playing arenas right?....How can 34,000 fit in a 17,000 seat arena???.....Just an observation...

The numbers include the European tour.
November 16th, 2005 09:00 PM
Soldatti Well, after 10 weeks the album is out of the Top 100 in US:

106. The Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang 11,576 (349,543)

Chart run after 10 weeks: 3-12-25-41-49-63-64-79-84-106
November 16th, 2005 09:13 PM
glencar What does that translate into in the matter of actual sales?
November 17th, 2005 06:53 AM
corgi37 And U2's tour has been going how long?

But, dont panic folks. Live Licks STILL must have life in it. And, dont forget, RARITIES, will rocket the Stones past those Fab Four devils.

All is fine in the world!

P.S. Less than 400,000 U.S. sales, with a major tour underway! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)