ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What a bunch nitwits! Return to archive
November 16th, 2004 08:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels One Person Stabbed at Vibe Awards Taping

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - One person was stabbed and several were involved in a chaotic fight that broke out at the second annual Vibe awards as rapper Snoop Dogg and producer Quincy Jones were preparing to honor Dr. Dre with a lifetime achievement award.

Dozens of people sitting near the stage Monday inside a hangar at the Santa Monica Municipal Airport began shoving each other as the show wound down about 7:30 p.m., a photographer who covered the event for The Associated Press said.

News video showed chairs thrown, punches flying, people chasing each another and some being restrained.

"To my understanding ... the show was going on when the stabbing occurred," said police Lt. Frank Fabrega in a news conference after the fight.

It was unclear if the stabbing preceded or followed the fight. The victim, a 26-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and was listed in stable condition.

Police were looking for the assailant and no arrests have been made.

Witness Frank Williams told KCAL-TV that Dr. Dre was involved in the brawl.

"I saw Dr. Dre fighting somebody," Williams said. "I don't know if he was fighting back. But there was a guy taken out basically bloodied."

Andrea Ferguson, employed by a public relations firm that worked with Vibe for the awards ceremony, called the incident a "disruption" but declined to provide details. She added the show was allowed to continue but it was halted for about five minutes.

Dr. Dre, who was scheduled to receive a Vibe Legend Award for his lifetime contributions to hip-hop, had not come on stage yet when the fight erupted. Jones and Snoop Dogg stood on stage without saying anything.

About 1,000 people attended the event, some of whom scurried for the exits when the fight broke out.

"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

The show was taped Monday and was expected to be broadcast Tuesday. R&B singer Usher led the awards with five nominations, followed by Alicia Keys, who has four nominations.

Vibe magazine focuses on urban culture and entertainment. The awards are voted on by music journalists and "regional tastemakers."

November 16th, 2004 09:02 AM
Taptrick

I COMPLETELY agree - but I also bet there were some people saying the same thing when news of Altamont hit the stands.
November 16th, 2004 08:55 PM
corgi37 I just watched Boyz in the Hood again last night on cable.

What is it about violence with these people?

Ooh, is that a rascist comment?

Didnt mean it to be. I mean, the whole rap, and promoting violence thing, its fucking up impressionable minds. The whole bling-bling thing. Treating women like "bitches and ho's". Hanging with their "posse".

Maybe i am rascist and dont know it?

But, i dont FEEL rascist.

I'll just keep my big fingers shut.

But, i hate rap.

And, Cuba Gooding Jnr was such a baby face in that film!