ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Satisfaction (aka, help i'm going nuts) Return to archive
November 16th, 2004 07:26 AM
egon I was gonna wait until this evening and listen to the song again just to make extra sure, but i can't wait.

This morning while driving to work i heard satisfaction on the radio (in france, RTL 2, 8.50/8.55hrs)

The music was exactly the same, but i could swear that who ever sang it was not mick. or at least it was not the original recording (of the lyrics).

How to explain; It sounded (a bit)like mick singing the song without really trying. there was no "character" in it.

However afterwards the DJ did say it was the stones...

Now i was not drinking and/or smoking, so what is going on here?

does anyone have the answer, cos it sure as hell annoys me!
November 16th, 2004 07:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think it was Otis Redding who recorded the most famous cover of Satisfaction. Maybe it was him?

I haven't heard it, but Ronnie has stated that current live versions of the song have the feel of the Otis version.

Alex
November 16th, 2004 07:35 AM
egon no, the music was the original version. the DJ said it was the stones. But you have to be a real stones fan to know there's something different about the vocals...
November 16th, 2004 07:40 AM
F505 You can't trust French DJ's. I think it was Serge Gainsbourg the great French chansonnier.
November 16th, 2004 07:43 AM
egon thanks for the help!
(egon now banging his head on the desk out of frustration)
November 16th, 2004 07:45 AM
F505 no problem
November 16th, 2004 07:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
How to explain; It sounded (a bit)like mick singing the song without really trying. there was no "character" in it.

must be from "Live Licks" then!

CAAA--RRRACCCCCCCCCK!
November 16th, 2004 07:59 AM
caro Maybe the DJ was singing along and didn't turn his mic off. French DJ's usually think that's a cool thing to do.
November 16th, 2004 08:04 AM
stewed & Keefed It might be an outtake there are a few about.I have one where mick's singing is like you said,and the fuzz-box is high in the mix.
November 16th, 2004 10:48 AM
egon well stewed, i guess i go with your theory cos otherwise i wil lget no sleep tonight. though it remains strange that a commercial station is broadcasting outtakes (without even knowing it).

guess none of the other frenchies here heard it this morning...?
[Edited by egon]
November 16th, 2004 12:52 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

guess none of the other frenchies here heard it this morning...?
[Edited by egon]

hell no Egon...i was in my car listening to Handsome Girls 1