ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE! Return to archive
November 14th, 2004 01:55 PM
gorda I love the way people from England speak and express themselves. It's so charming!

I just love the expressions that British people use, I understand them, but I would never use them in real life. (Although, sometimes, I post like I'm from England.)

I love it when British people say, "Rubbish".

Or when they use the word "mad" instead of "crazy" or when they like something a lot, they'll go "I'm mad about . . ."

When, I rented the "Being Mick" DVD, I enjoyed watching it, but one of the scenes that sticks in my mind is when they are in the recording studio and Pete Townsend says he rides the train into the city and suggests that Mick try it sometime, and Mick asks, "But, they have separate carriages for people?" And, his assistant? (some guy with long blonde hair, I don't know who he is) says, "I could be making up all kinds of nonsense and you'd be none the wiser!!!! "

"You'd be none the wiser!"

"YOU'D BE NONE THE WISER!"

I LOVE THAT!

I don't no why, but it just "tickles my fancy".

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I need to go to England and get me an Englishman!

Woooooooooooooooooooo! Baby!
November 14th, 2004 02:04 PM
gypsy I think they are supposed to, like, have, like really bad teeth.
By all means, go to Enland.
November 14th, 2004 02:14 PM
gorda
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think they are supposed to, like, have, like really bad teeth.
By all means, go to Enland.

I did go to England! I was there for 2 days! One actually, because the other day, I spent at the Heathrow Airport waiting for my plane.

And, I did meet some cute guys when I got lost and was asking for directions.

And, no, they all had nice, pretty white teeth.

Plus, there were a lot of minorities, Asian, Indian, and black people, at least in London.

I'm going to England next summer! I'm going to spend a whole month there! (And, no, I am not going to stalk Mick Jagger, I won't even go near his house.)

I'm going to ride the train up and down, and visit a few pubs and maybe meet a really, really cute guy and invite him to come over here to California, and he can stay in my apartment.

No, but then what if he turns out to be a psycho and murders me in my sleep . . .

No, I guess, I'll just go to England and check out the sights.
November 15th, 2004 05:11 AM
stewed & Keefed ELLO MATE
November 15th, 2004 09:49 AM
egon what about the dutch language? for instance:
"je bent zo gek als een deur"
November 15th, 2004 10:01 AM
glencar My Netscape translator reads that as, "Gorda has a smelly snatch."
November 15th, 2004 10:09 AM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
My Netscape translator reads that as, "Gorda has a smelly snatch."

You are not wide of the mark
November 15th, 2004 10:11 AM
glencar Netscape gets all the credit!
November 15th, 2004 10:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
I love the way people from England speak and express themselves. It's so charming!

I just love the expressions that British people use, I understand them, but I would never use them in real life. (Although, sometimes, I post like I'm from England.)

I love it when British people say, "Rubbish".

Or when they use the word "mad" instead of "crazy" or when they like something a lot, they'll go "I'm mad about . . ."

When, I rented the "Being Mick" DVD, I enjoyed watching it, but one of the scenes that sticks in my mind is when they are in the recording studio and Pete Townsend says he rides the train into the city and suggests that Mick try it sometime, and Mick asks, "But, they have separate carriages for people?" And, his assistant? (some guy with long blonde hair, I don't know who he is) says, "I could be making up all kinds of nonsense and you'd be none the wiser!!!! "

"You'd be none the wiser!"

"YOU'D BE NONE THE WISER!"

I LOVE THAT!

I don't no why, but it just "tickles my fancy".

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I need to go to England and get me an Englishman!

Woooooooooooooooooooo! Baby!

RUBBISH!
November 15th, 2004 10:29 AM
jb Meine Libe abs monkey-shaghedelic baby!!!