ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Good news Return to archive
November 13th, 2004 05:29 AM
Jacques Hi all
it's not great news but from a reliable source (close to Mick), He confirmed me that songs have been written a few months ago in Fourchette. They are going to record soon, but I don't know where. And a new tour will begin in 2005.
November 13th, 2004 06:42 AM
Monkey Woman Thanks for posting this, Jacques. I know what source you're talking about, I trust it.

Remember there was some buzz last spring/summer, about Mick and Keith in Fourchette for some time? And that Mick sent a guy to the nearest town to buy guitars and recording gear? So this was it!

On a side note: my boss at the office has a house in Touraine, close to Amboise... and close to Mick's mansion of Fourchette. He says he saw him a few times during the summer holidays, bicycling on little roads. I'll have to ask him next week if he saw limos and dodgy characters...
November 13th, 2004 06:50 AM
beer Here is my news. I watched 4 Flicks tonight, for nostalgic reasons. Here's my conclusion:

I am convinced that "Worried About You" is without doubt, one of the best things they played on that tour. Mick nailed the vocal part. Keith and Ronnie played their guitar parts great, i could hear them both, at the same time, playing distinct parts. Bernard even sounded great. As a matter of fact, i can't find one complaint about that song. I will say the same for "Midnight Rambler" that i listened to live when i saw 'em and from a boot source. They played that song so amazingly, it was shocking. They can still play "Midnight Rambler" like it's a deadly weapon..
November 13th, 2004 07:16 AM
F505 True. I liked Worried About You the best during the tour.
All credits go to Mick because he did a great job on this one.
November 13th, 2004 07:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
beer wrote:
Here is my news. I watched 4 Flicks tonight, for nostalgic reasons. Here's my conclusion:

I am convinced that "Worried About You" is without doubt, one of the best things they played on that tour. Mick nailed the vocal part. Keith and Ronnie played their guitar parts great, i could hear them both, at the same time, playing distinct parts. Bernard even sounded great. As a matter of fact, i can't find one complaint about that song. I will say the same for "Midnight Rambler" that i listened to live when i saw 'em and from a boot source. They played that song so amazingly, it was shocking. They can still play "Midnight Rambler" like it's a deadly weapon..

Good point Beer!
oh yes these versions rocked, like Street Fighting Man..amazing playing with a great Charlie, for the next tour the Stones should play more rockers like that and forget those crappy versions of tumbling dice or you got me rocking...
November 13th, 2004 11:35 AM
T&A WAY was an interesting idea that failed to deliver, IMO. Ronnie just wasn't up to the task (per usual)...might have been better had they left him out of it. Mick was good, though. Overall - thumbs down.
November 13th, 2004 11:47 AM
F505 Agree about Ronnie but the 'case Ron Wood' has been discussed over and over again. We should learn to live with him because what can the poor boy do exept to play for a rock' n' roll band?
November 13th, 2004 12:10 PM
T&A True - but my point is that it seriously erodes the song in question, so how can you be so positive about it? That's the point in the song (studio-wise) where the song really takes off and elevates. On the LL tour - that's where it goes "thud."
[Edited by T&A]
November 13th, 2004 12:20 PM
Madafaka Thank you for the info
November 13th, 2004 12:22 PM
F505
quote:
T&A wrote:
True - but my point is that it seriously erodes the song in question, so how can you be so positive about it? That's the point in the song (studio-wise) where the song really takes off and elevates. On the LL tour - that's where it goes "thud."
[Edited by T&A]

Strange... it was one of the few songs I am really enthusiastic about. It takes off because of Mick. He puts all his emotion in the song which gave me the creeps. Still gives me the creeps when I listened to the bootleg versions (Utrecht, Japan). Mick is so good that I even forget the poor contribution of Ronnie.
November 13th, 2004 02:02 PM
Mr. D Mick is ab-fab on WAY. I love it on Four Flicks when he just leaps up and jumps to the front of the stage, you can tell he really wanted that song to work. I'd like to see that go on to the next tour.
November 13th, 2004 07:17 PM
Soldatti Thanks
November 13th, 2004 07:24 PM
iluvmickjagger07 great news. so theyre going on tour for sure?
November 13th, 2004 07:28 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
beer wrote:
Here is my news. I watched 4 Flicks tonight, for nostalgic reasons. Here's my conclusion:

i agree with you, especially about "worried about you". i loved the way he screamed out "babay" and the way he was shaking his head back and forth to the beat. so attractive

[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]
November 13th, 2004 07:32 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Mr. D wrote:
Mick is ab-fab on WAY. I love it on Four Flicks when he just leaps up and jumps to the front of the stage, you can tell he really wanted that song to work. I'd like to see that go on to the next tour.

me too. i also hope mick jagger can still shake his hips like he did in four flicks. im sure he can
November 13th, 2004 09:18 PM
Angiegirl Songs like WAY and THSMLI were carried entirely by Mick indeed. Live you forgot all about the rest of the band. Mick was extremely strong this tour. Musically (instrumentaly) it wasn't that sophisticated most of the times, but live in a club it kicked ass!

I still sometimes reminisce about THSMLI live in l'Olympia Paris... Aaaaaah, those were the days my friends!
November 13th, 2004 09:54 PM
gotdablouse Good news but the timing of these writing sessions (pre-summer) doesn't quite match the dates Mick mentioned in the Alfie interviews that made it sound like the writing had taken place in September...possibly multiple sessions and possibly Mick buzzing it up too and avoiding the "oh why haven't you recorded these songs yet"...
November 14th, 2004 12:37 PM
Monkey Woman I don't know if it has already been posted, but here's the latest from Bill German's Beggars Banquets website:

http://www.beggarsbanquetonline.com/tour.htm

"(November, 2004) -- Hopes are still alive for a 2005 (and/or 2006) Stones tour. Charlie's licked his throat cancer and the Glimmer Twins are on friendly terms. Mick and Keith met in Paris recently (during September), to write new songs and map the Stones' course. If all goes as planned -- and that's a big "if" -- the band will record soon and tour by the end of next year."