ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill German updates Beggars with possible future Stones activities(all good),.....From Ian Return to archive
November 12th, 2004 05:32 AM
IanBillen Here it is: (all good stuff too, but by the end of next year???...oh well we will have to see if and when)

From Ian

(November, 2004) -- Hopes are still alive for a 2005 (and/or 2006) Stones tour. Charlie's licked his throat cancer and the Glimmer Twins are on friendly terms. Mick and Keith met in Paris recently (during September), to write new songs and map the Stones' course. If all goes as planned -- and that's a big "if" -- the band will record soon and tour by the end of next year.

Until that time, Stones fans can cool their heels with the new double-CD, "Live Licks," culled from the band's 2002-2003 world tour. One disc features well worn hits from the Stones' canon ("Brown Sugar," "Gimme Shelter," "Satisfaction"), while the second disc offers rarely-attempted nuggets (like Otis Redding's "That's How Strong My Love Is," Solomon Burke's "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love," and Keith's take on Hoagy Carmichael's "The Nearness Of You").

Back to Charlie. He appeared in good health and spirits when he turned up in the audience at Bill Wyman's October 7 concert at Royal Festival Hall in London. Ronnie was there, too, and joined Bill's band, the Rhythm Kings, for classics like "Soul Man," "Knock On Wood," and "You Never Can Tell."

Ronnie, as you probably know, has been all over the place, guesting in New York, London, and L.A. recently. On August 30, he joined Rod Stewart onstage at the Hollywood Bowl for "Stay With Me," "Ooh La La," "Maggie May," and a handful of others. Rod introduced him as "my best mate and younger brother." As an added bonus, former Face, Ian McLagan, played keyboard. (Mac fans take note: He and his Bump Band are coming to a tavern near you this month: New York's Joe's Pub on the 18th, and Philly's World Cafe on the 20th. Full itinerary at ianmcglagan.com.)

Ronnie left the Left Coast and was in New York City on September 8 to team up with Rod again. This time, it was at the star-studded "Fashion Rocks" show at Radio City Music Hall. Although "You Wear It Well" might've been apropos for a fashion event, the two of them treated the beautiful people to "Maggie May" and "Stay With Me." And the best part for Ronnie? He got to meet Usher!

Moving east again, across the big pond, Ronnie took part in the "Strat Pack" concert at London's Wembley Arena on September 26. It was a tribute to the Stratocaster, featuring artists from all eras of rock 'n' roll. Ronnie performed "That'll Be The Day" with the original Crickets.

On October 13, Ronnie joined Rod onstage yet again, to churn out "Stay With Me," "Maggie May," and "Gasoline Alley" at London's Royal Albert Hall. A week later, on the 20th, Ronnie hopped onstage at Twickenham's intimate Cabbage Patch Club, to jam with his brother, Art. For an audience of a hundred-or-so people, the Wood brothers performed Howlin' Wolf's "Smokestack Lightning," before Ronnie took the mic to sing "Midnight Special."

Mick, meanwhile, has been promoting his work on the "Alfie" soundtrack. As you know, Mick wrote and performed a bunch of songs for the project with his pal, Dave Stewart. Included on the CD is Mick's duet with Sheryl Crow on "Old Habits Die Hard," as well as his duet with ingenue Joss Stone on "Lonely Without You." Mick turned up at the film's October 14 premiere in London (at the Empire Cinema) as well as the October 18 premiere in New York (at the Ziegfield). The soundtrack is receiving surprisingly good reviews, although the film is not. In addition to London and New York, Mick's been tooling around Paris and Rome with his gal pal, L'Wren Scott.

Keith's been laying low, recharging his batteries. But you can hear his guest spot on Willie Nelson's new "Outlaws And Angels" CD. It was recorded during Willie's concert last May at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles. Featured is Keith's duet with Willie of "We Had It All." (And on the DVD, you'll also find their duet of "Trouble In Mind.") As widely speculated, Keith has signed on to play Johnny Depp's father in the sequel to "The Pirates Of The Caribbean." Filming is set to take place in January and is not expected to interfere with the Stones' plans.

Stay tuned for further developments.
November 12th, 2004 05:39 AM
Gazza thanks for that, Ian.

I wouldnt take Bill's line of "by the end of next year" as implying literally it will specifically be at the end of the year, though. It means BEFORE the end of next year.

I'd imagine it'll be along the usual timeline of a US tour - ie late summer/autumn, continuing up to Nov/Dec.

>And the best part for Ronnie? He got to meet Usher!

I hope the dork knew who Ronnie was. Considering he introduced the greatest songwriter in history as "Bill Dylan" at the Grammys a couple of years back, I wouldnt be so sure!

[Edited by Gazza]
November 12th, 2004 06:01 AM
FotiniD Thanks Ian!

I trust Bill German. The Stones world is a happy place again
November 12th, 2004 09:14 AM
mac_daddy thanks for the news, ian.
November 12th, 2004 09:58 AM
jb Bill German is a great man!!!!
[Edited by jb]
November 12th, 2004 10:21 AM
Mel Belli JB, how can you possibly have needed to edit that sentence?!
November 12th, 2004 10:25 AM
nankerphelge Howe do we know this is really from Bill German?
November 12th, 2004 10:32 AM
erikjjf http://www.beggarsbanquetonline.com/tour.htm
November 12th, 2004 10:48 AM
caro Cool! Thanks Ian!

P.S. : jb, have you noticed how everyone seems to be taking cheap shots at you lately? I tell you man...
November 12th, 2004 11:18 AM
jb
quote:
caro wrote:
Cool! Thanks Ian!

P.S. : jb, have you noticed how everyone seems to be taking cheap shots at you lately? I tell you man...

Yes Caro...I am very hated on the other boards ...
November 12th, 2004 11:24 AM
White House Lawn There are other boards besides this one . . . ? : )
November 12th, 2004 11:27 AM
jb
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
There are other boards besides this one . . . ? : )

Yes....
November 12th, 2004 04:08 PM
luxury1 Nanky---try going to BeggarsBanquet.com, Bill German's web site. Or were you kiddin us? Are you having a liquid lunch, by the way?
November 12th, 2004 05:15 PM
nankerphelge I was just f'in with Ian, yet again!!!

But thanks for checking on me....
November 12th, 2004 05:18 PM
gypsy Thanks IanBillen!

Why is everyone picking on jb? Because he's one of the better looking posters?

I am proud to call jb my friend. I wish I were Jewish.
November 12th, 2004 05:21 PM
nankerphelge Everyone picks on jb because he invites abuse!

It would be impolite not to accept!

November 12th, 2004 05:23 PM
gypsy You're just jealous because he's rich and handsome.
November 12th, 2004 05:26 PM
nankerphelge I'm rich and handsome -- you get used to it!

It's his Jew-fro that I can't compete with!
November 12th, 2004 05:27 PM
gypsy I know. I'm just trying to boost his ego. He has that small Jew penis and all...
November 12th, 2004 06:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Keith's been laying low, recharging his batteries.

Sure, sure. Somebody sober that fucker up!
November 12th, 2004 07:12 PM
Soldatti Thanks Ian
November 13th, 2004 07:16 AM
corgi37 Bill Dylan! Man, thats priceless.
November 13th, 2004 08:34 AM
Gazza yeah he probably thinks Ronnie is Woody Allen...
[Edited by Gazza]
November 13th, 2004 12:59 PM
kath jeezuz...well, you'd look at bill german's site, just for starters.....

there are a lot of people who don't know or respect bill german, but they are the newbies/uninformed/people who just wanna bitch about something crowd.

bill is terrific!
November 13th, 2004 02:02 PM
glencar He seems like a legitimate source. I'll check out his site.