ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SUCKING IN THE 70's Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 12th, 2004 06:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Yeah, but is out of print.

Wait few years and all will be re-released...
November 12th, 2004 07:43 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

She IS young!! Did you really think we were OLD ladies???

LJ.

i thought you were in your 40s and gypsy was in her late 30s. so i didnt think yall were that old
November 12th, 2004 08:01 PM
gypsy You're really not helping your case with the above statement.
November 12th, 2004 08:04 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
i thought you were in your 40s and gypsy was in her late 30s. so i didnt think yall were that old

I thought gypsy was like 30 , That's not old.
November 13th, 2004 12:27 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Wait few years and all will be re-released...

Surely! Then I will have the first edition and the re published
November 13th, 2004 01:29 PM
Nasty Habits Actually, the mastering job on Rewind is excellent. It's something of a legend among CD collectors -- one of the absolute best sounding of the first round of rock and roll CDs. Don't ask me why, but the tracks on Rewind are said to sound better than their counterparts on the CDs they're drawn from. The only one I can personally testify to is Heartbreaker. The mastering on Rewind stomps all over Goats Head Soup, at least the first CBS edition. I've never back-to-backed the Rewind Heartbreaker with the Virgin GHS Heartbreaker to tell if that's still the case.

Rewind is definitely a CD to pick up if you see it cheap.

November 13th, 2004 02:07 PM
glencar Thanks for the info!
November 13th, 2004 06:08 PM
Mr. D I recently saw a used copy of "Sucking in the 70's" for around 12 or 13 bucks. Should I pick this thing up?
November 14th, 2004 12:00 AM
Zack Dude, yes you should. It's got a couple of rarities including Everything is Turning to Gold, which I think is a reggae number, and Dance, Part 2, plus a live version of Whip in addition to the regular ones. If you find it, burn me a copy and send it to my island. I've never heard those two number, at least not that I can remember.
November 14th, 2004 12:15 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Mr. D wrote:
I recently saw a used copy of "Sucking in the 70's" for around 12 or 13 bucks. Should I pick this thing up?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Run! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuun!
November 14th, 2004 02:08 PM
Nasty Habits You can generally pick up the LP at any decent used record store for between three and five dollars.

Page: 1 2