ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1999 Grace Slick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: steve did it again! Return to archive
November 7th, 2004 06:29 PM
F505 Just returned from the Paradiso where Steve Earle played a smoking concert. In 2 hours and 15 minutes he played if the devil was on his heels. A beautiful red-haired girl (I don't know her name but let's call her Steveearlesgrl ) sang a few duets (Comin' around, You're still standing there) with the maestro. She and Steve did the vocals on an excellent version of Sweet Virginia (!). Steve also payed honour to the Beatles with a raw version of Revolution. Absolute highlights were Copperhead road (still one of the best live songs I know), The Unrepentant, Harlan man, Christmas time in Washington, F the CC and I thought you should know.
Check it out if he's coming to your town!
November 7th, 2004 06:33 PM
Gazza Thanks for the review.

Alison Moorer is the girl playing as opening act and who later duets with Steve.

I'll be seeing him in Belfast this Friday and again in Glasgow 7 days later(..I'd originally toyed with the idea of seeing him in Amsterdam, actually!) REALLY looking forward to them.

photo by Julie, taken 2nd October 2004
[Edited by Gazza]
November 7th, 2004 06:40 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks for the review.

Alison Moorer is the girl playing as opening act and who later duets with Steve.

I'll be seeing him in Belfast this Friday and again in Glasgow 7 days later(..I'd originally toyed with the idea of seeing him in Amsterdam, actually!) REALLY looking forward to them.

Thx Gazza I missed the opening act so I really had no idea who she was. Enjoy the upcoming shows!
November 7th, 2004 06:55 PM
mac_daddy sounds good! glad to hear he is sounding good... it's exciting that he is playing a new set, with new songs... the guy is an american treasure.
November 12th, 2004 08:05 PM
Gazza Just got back from Steve's show tonight with the Dukes at Belfast's Ulster Hall.

In a nutshell - one of the best shows I've ever seen. He played for over two and a quarter hours and the place went nuts. Got a bit wild towards the end!

Did an incredible version of the Beatles' "Revolution" and some song called "Sweet Virginia" by some other Limey band whose name escapes me....

His opening act Alison Moorer joined the band on a few songs too I(noted as '*'). She was excellent.

Setlist :

The Revolution Starts...
Home To Houston
Conspiracy theory *
Ashes To Ashes
Taneytown
America v6.0 (The Best We Can Do)
Whats a Simple Man To Do?
Warrior
Gringo's Tale
Rich Man's War
Goodbye
Comin' Around *
You're Still Standing There *
Harlan Man
Copperhead Road
Condi, Condi
I Thought You Should Know
Christmas In Washington
Jerusalem
Seeker
Transcendental Blues
Fuck The CC
Revolution
The Revolution Starts...Now!

1st encore :
Guitar Town
Galway Girl
Sweet Virginia *

2nd encore:
Time Has Come Today *
The Unrepentant

Hung around a little while afterwards and after the band came out and signed a few things, Steve himself emerged, signed a few autographs and chatted for a while. I offered to swap skull rings, but he declined as "mines bigger than yours". Very down to earth guy.

Roll on Glasgow next Friday night!
[Edited by Gazza]
November 12th, 2004 08:25 PM
Soldatti Great review, thanks
November 13th, 2004 01:20 AM
F505 thx for the review Gazza... and indeed Steve is in topshape these days
November 13th, 2004 02:20 AM
F505 To see some beautiful pics of Steve (and Allison) in Paradiso Amsterdam click:

http://torino.ict.hva.nl/concert/steve04.html
November 13th, 2004 06:51 AM
charlotte Thanks for the reviews.
This is an excellent website:
http://www.steveearle.com/
November 13th, 2004 12:23 PM
Moonisup I've seen that ring b4!
November 13th, 2004 12:26 PM
Gazza yes..when you met me in August 2003 in London
[Edited by Gazza]