ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Karl Lagerfeld (?) - VSD Magazine, France. Merci beaucoup Jacques!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anita and Keith in Vogue! Return to archive
11-06-01 01:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Keith and Anita, by Dominique Tarl�, courtesy of Genesis Publications

PALLENBERG'S EXILE

ANITA PALLENBERG , the original It-girl of the rock world, is the star of a new book of previously unpublished photographs, which documents one blissful six-month stint in the South of France with the Rolling Stones. In Exile, Pallenberg, who reinvented herself as a designer in the Nineties after graduating as a mature student from Central St Martins, is pictured by legendary rock photographer Dominique Tarl�, while on holiday with the band in 1971. Pallenberg was Keith Richard's lover during this time, when the Stones had retreated into tax exile and were recording their celebrated double album Exile on Main Street. , affording both her and Tarl� an exclusive insight into their wild, hedonistic lives. "The way they worked," she says, "I guess was fine for some of them, because they got fed, had a place to crash, drugs to smoke and wine to drink. And for a musician, that's all they want really, but I felt responsible and there came a point where I just lost it." The limited edition book, of which only 2,000 are being sent out at �245 each, is bound to become a coffee table essential for the rich and fabulous.
11-06-01 03:19 AM
~AzQb

{Someone who manages to pull a bit of classical editing or a bit of oh-SOOOO-truthful-copy, or just happens to be quite friendly with Anna Sui)for AmericanVogue simply LOVES to solemnly venture into that void... that...most gorgeous LandUnderneath,you know; well...Top hats and perfectlyperversely perfectly bootcut suede trousers;in-half broken tea cups; Limoge, most likely, but well worn blue&white; unless Mrs.Moto red. (me allrRedjustthinkingofher!you think she can make mean sesame chicken? no fat, just freshly done soicy&tender?Mrs. Moto must not only be careful to serve much morethatYukkuSake, but yet all the best luger in the house ; )Back to basic sartorical merit: WanderlustLand into Keith&Anita's purely lovely sortorial mix-it-up-yet-keep-it-sooooooo-yetTogether, right ; velvets&super-soft corduroyinncolourssotrulyAutumnandMakemesomeElderberrryWine,please, and smashing huge hats, so Jackie by the water; so socompletely OuThere. TheBeautifulBoy&GirlInThePLasticBubble. Filmnoir of theblackest, Patti slashing around a sword or two, and then we have Richards/Pallenberg sensibilities, so they show up quite a bit in AmericanVogue,with photos of them in France,you know, especially in photographs of and/or featuring the
(Can Nellcote possibly still be standing all regal like the waves like that?! Was/is that GrahamPorch really that gorgeous almost purely outwardly VIRGINal French architectural dream...?Anyway, it's always very fine to know SOMEONE over there@AmericanVogue has more than a LITtle bohemian hIstory intact, which is pleasing in that oh-so
MADLY70'SfUNKE.

Patti kicks arse though. \and she could be doing anything she wanted,print, film; and i heard she really can beat you up. Is that how Keith broke his foot? Kicking shins at mummy? She's great. She should be working more maybe now that the girls are a bit older. Everyone thought HoldtoHold blew big chunks outright, but i loved Patricia in it. Switchblade comb&ecverythang.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.