ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Is The Absolute Worst Actor! Return to archive
11-15-02 08:57 AM
Street Fighting Man Nothing for nothing, but Mick should stick to Rock N' Roll!

Oscar Buzz for "Man from Elysian Fields?" Forgetaboutit!

Actually, I did quite enjoy his acting in The Rolling Stones "Rock N' Roll Circus!"
11-15-02 09:11 AM
cocksucker i thought Mick didn't act in that movie....he just produced it
[Edited by cocksucker]
11-15-02 09:58 AM
jb His acting was superb...
11-15-02 10:08 AM
~AzQb

...despised his "work" in Bent; enjoyed Performance and giggle at the other stuff. The one film i find him other than wooden and self-conscious in front of the cameras is "Freejack" --and i've only rolled that one once--but i DO like it better than his other work, whatever that's worth!

Yes, Mick, stick to the music ; )
~!
11-15-02 01:09 PM
sasca I thought he was superb in 'Bent' and not superb in 'Freejack'. Funny world.
11-15-02 01:15 PM
~AzQb

sasca

..that's what is so cool about RocksOff&Gasx3...we allllove the band but righteously have our own take on things. And because there doesn't seem to be any InNeedOfThorazineTrolls and whyners and those in need of deep expensive therapy lately, it's been fun to just post what we rEeeEally feel ; )

~!p/s, if you can tell, what DoEs "sasca" stand for ? Always wondered about that
11-15-02 01:56 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
His acting was superb...

Agreed....
11-15-02 01:59 PM
mick&keith Mick has more than one dimension..keep on acting Mick!!!
Performance is in a league of its own and I agree with the possible oscar choice for Elysian Fields...he is superb in the role! Mick is not the worse actor...Tom Cruise is, followed by moralistic/evil creepy ultra conservative Arnold what's his name! Ha!!!!!!!!
[Edited by mick&keith]
11-15-02 02:46 PM
F505 A pity he couldn't make in Herzog's Fitzcaraldo. In stead of Mick they hired that old corpse Klaus Kinkski
11-15-02 03:28 PM
sasca ~AzQb - I think Sasca came from the old Roman name Casca (pronounced 'Kaska'), with a letter changed to reflect the name I was given by my parents. I started using it more frequently because other people had not logged in to sites with the name, so I could keep one name across the different sites I visited. I also liked its similarity to Romance words for waterfall or cascade.

p.s. sorry I took a while to answer. The messages are sometimes slow to appear on my computer.
[Edited by sasca]
11-15-02 09:04 PM
*ginda No, Mick is NOT a terrible actor. There is more to acting than speaking lines. There is body language to be considered as well. And body language was the saving grace in "Ned Kelley". He walked so purposefully with that heavy helmet/bucket on his head.

I thought he was perfect in "Freejack" and look forward to seeing his last two if they EVER come to my hamlet.