ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Book Bill Wyman Return to archive
11-15-02 04:45 AM
Mathijs To my surprise the new book by Bill Wyman is �aside from the beautiful pics � a nice read too. Absolutely new to me: already in early 1972, when Mick and Keith were mixing Exile, Mick Taylor was quite heavy into hard drugs, and very depressed. Apparently he told everybody, and left notes around the villa, that he �wanted to leave the Stones�, and the people around the Stones were afraid Taylor would harm himself due to his depression. As of early 1972�

But finally Mick Taylor get the credits he deserves. In �A Life on the Road� only emphasis was that after he left he didn�t do anything anymore. There�s hardly any talk about what he meant for the Stones. In Bill Wyman�s book Taylor get all the credit for everything he meant for the Stones, and the fact that he�s a brilliant guitarist. His work with Billy Preston�s god squad is even considered the �best guitar work I have ever heard (Bill Wyman)�.

Mathijs
11-15-02 07:54 AM
Maxlugar Bill "The Little Hands That Could" Wyman's book is an unmitigated DELIGHT!

Bill Wyman has quietly become the most important literary figure of the last 175 years!

The hands are wee....

But the books are GIANTS!

Thanks Bill!

Good night everybody!

Maxy!