ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Other Ones Return to archive
11-14-02 09:56 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! The Other Ones, aka The Grateful Dead, begin their Fall tour today in Roanoke Virginia. Just wondering if anyone on the board is going to make it to any of the shows? Get back Truck'n On!
11-14-02 10:25 AM
jb My friend Randy is going...he is a "loose" aquaintance with Phil Lesh...
11-14-02 11:35 AM
Lazy Bones I'd love to. Using realistic finance planning, however, I'm anxiously awaiting some Canadian dates. Phil's been to Toronto twice in the last couple years. The 1st being the tour they did with Dylan. Terrific show!
The East Troy shows were a huge success.
11-14-02 12:53 PM
VoodooTattoo The Dead dont appeal to me.
11-14-02 02:18 PM
jb Their following, believe it or not, exceeds the Stones....
11-14-02 02:51 PM
T&A They are doing a New Year's Eve gig at the Oakland Arena - like old times. I'm giving it some serious thought. The guy playing lead guitar now - Jimmy Herring (formerly of Col.Bruce Hampton's Aquarium Rescue Unit) - is no slouch.
11-14-02 02:55 PM
jb What band is Warren Haynes playing in now?
[Edited by jb]
11-14-02 04:37 PM
Mickjagger1963 Warren is in his own band, Gov't Mule I am going to The Pepsi Arena show Saterday in Albany will I seen any Rocks Offers there?
11-14-02 04:42 PM
T&A Haynes has been active in 3 bands recently - they all toured last summer - Gov't Mule, Allmans (still a member) & Phil Lesh & Friends.
11-14-02 04:43 PM
jb He is great...Loved seeing him with Allman Bros...
11-15-02 01:24 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Just got back from the Roanoke show. The guys sound really good. There's a lot more jaming and taken chances then the last couple of years before Jerry died. Jimmy Herring is a damn good guitarist for sure. This venue was packed to the hilt! I think it sold out in like 30 minutes or something. It's nice to see these old schoolers out doing some great music again.
11-15-02 07:42 AM
lotsajizz I'd see Ratdog in a second--Hell I saw them when Jerry was alive, but the 'Other Ones', no.....too sad, it all ended 8-9-95, I don't fault them for touring--just that I will never see them as it all ended that day and it will be too sad to see those songs
11-15-02 10:35 AM
nankerphelge Happy Mofo -- you going to the MCI show tonite?
11-15-02 03:50 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Nope, not doing the show tonight, that was the only one of the tour for me. Lotsajizz, you have to remember this is NOT The Dead. Without jerry it just wouldn�t be right calling it the Dead, but it is really really close. That's the beauty about this music, it demands to be played and these guys are just caring the torch. They know that it's not the Dead without Jer, but on the other hand, Jerry was not the dead, it was a collective effort. One thing about the shows today is they are going back to the way they approached the music in the 60's. They are doing a lot of old tunes that they haven't played in a long time. And talk about stamina, the show lasted three and a half hours! When the second set started they never stopped once, it was 2 1/2 hours of constant music, weaving in and out of tunes. Simply magical!