ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith header Return to archive
11-14-02 04:08 AM
stonedinaustralia the face that launched a 1,000 substance abuse problems...

(probably more but i wanted to retain the classic integrity of the allusion)

not that i'm suggesting that's keith's problem/responsibility/fault
11-14-02 04:51 AM
beer
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
the face that launched a 1,000 substance abuse problems...
not that i'm suggesting that's keith's problem/responsibility/fault

Many have tried, many have died. Trying to emulate Keith, that is. What I think is funny is this: I grew up loving punk rock music. Still do. But It took me awhile to realize that a shitload of the punk legends did nothing more than rip off Keith in many ways. From the look/lifestyle, to the guitar style. Bands like the Pistols slagged the Stones constantly, but pretty much anything The Sex Pistols did, Keith/the Stones did ten years earlier. It's true. And the Pistols manager Malcolm Mclaren just copied Andrew loog Oldham in every way.
There have been so many carbon copies of Keith, it's ridiculous. The man has put his mark on Rock and Roll more than any other person I can think of(in my opinion), when it comes to walking, talking, living, breathing RnR. And he revolutionised rock guitar playing in a way that Jimmy Page could only dream to.
What was my point again? I dunno I'm hella drunk
11-14-02 05:27 AM
stonedinaustralia the thing was - the music was just so, so good - the music made it

without the music what would it be?
11-14-02 05:30 AM
RubyFriday best Keith 7"

11-14-02 05:39 AM
beer Hey absolutely, the best music I've ever heard. All it takes is the first 10 seconds of 'Gimme Shelter' or 'Brown Sugar' to convince me. No other rock band comes close to it.
11-14-02 05:40 AM
stonedinaustralia that's so right ruby - run rudolph run b/w the harder they come - it just about said it all

a one man rock and roll apotheosis

and a christmas single too