ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Forty Licks" was No. 1 in European Top 100 Albums last week Return to archive
11-13-02 09:40 PM
Soldatti The news are old (one week) but is very well (I don't know if someone put this before).

Edited by Jonathan Cohen / November 04, 2002, 11:00 AM
Article from Billboard:
Gray Celebrates Big 'Day' On U.K. Album Chart

David Gray swept to No. 1 on the U.K. album chart yesterday (Nov. 3) with "A New Day at Midnight" (iht/East West), while a Eurodance version of Bryan Adams' "Heaven" by DJ Sammy & Yanou featuring Do (Data/MoS) debuted at No. 1 on the singles survey.

Gray's instant success is in sharp contrast to the performance of his previous album, "White Ladder," which is now certified seven-times platinum in the U.K. (for shipments of 2.1 million copies) but took almost two and-a-half years from its original March 1999 release to reach the top of the album chart in August 2001. Now in its 128th chart week, "White Ladder" climbed 64-41.

Elsewhere on the album chart, teenage popster Gareth Gates was new at No. 2 with "What My Heart Wants To Say" (S/BMG), while Nirvana's self-titled Geffen retrospective arrived at No. 3 and Manic Street Preachers' hits collection "Forever Delayed" (Epic) landed at No. 4.

As for the new version of "Heaven," the track was already a hit in several European countries at the beginning of 2002, including DJ Sammy's native Spain. He was born on the Balearic island of Mallorca and has been DJing in clubs and on radio for almost two decades. Last night on BBC Radio 1's Top 40 Chart show, he said Adams has heard the new club version of his song and approves of it. "I loved the song and I love all of Bryan Adams too," said Sammy. "I think he's also very proud of it."

The single beat some stiff competition to hit No. 1, restricting Madonna's "Die Another Day" (Warner Bros.) to a No. 3 entry. Craig David's "What's Your Flava?" (Wildstar), the lead track from his upcoming sophomore album "Slicker Than Your Average," debuted at a somewhat disappointing No. 8. So Solid Crew rapper Romeo entered at No. 9 with "It's All Gravy" (Relentless), which features Christina Milian, while Shaggy's "Hey Sexy Lady" featuring Brian and Tony Gold (MCA) opened at No. 10.

As DJ Sammy flies the Spanish flag over Great Britain, Las Ketchup is still doing the same over Europe, as the group is now in its eighth week atop Music & Media's Eurochart Hot 100 Singles survey with "Asereje/The Ketchup Song" (Columbia). Forty years to the week since the Rolling Stones' first-ever studio recordings, in north London on Oct. 26, 1962, the group's "Forty Licks" (Virgin/ABKCO/Decca) moves 2-1 on the European Top 100 Albums chart, after waiting three weeks at No. 2.

-- Paul Sexton, London

Now we can said what "Forty Licks" was No. 1 in Europe and 4 weeks after of the realase!!!
This week the album fell at No. 3 behind Santana & Nirvana.
Now I can sleep happy...
11-13-02 10:24 PM
Boomhauer What the hell is this Ketchup Song? I read in the newspaper that it is supposed to be the new "Macarena".

Why? Why must this crap exist? Why do people like groups that they know will be done in less than a year? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ketchup!
[Edited by Boomhauer]
11-14-02 07:09 AM
Moonisup ketchup song is horrible

the chicks who sing it aren't whahahaa
11-14-02 10:25 AM
justforyou The songs ok, but whats with the name 'Ketchup Song' ?!
11-14-02 10:25 AM
jb Were finally # 1.....
11-14-02 11:00 AM
Moonisup the stones are dropped from # 2 to # 7 in Holland, that pricks from U2 came in at # 1. But still it's a great effort cos the stones have a 2cd set!

The wooden shoe
11-14-02 11:19 AM
jb U2, for reasons unknown to me, are the most popular band in the world...they sold out every show of their record setting tour(2nd all time next to VL), sell almost 5 million U.S. every album, and are "respected" for Bonner's UN work....To me, they lack rhythm, song writing skills and heart...they are also almost in their mid 40's but no age jokes....I don't wish them death, but I really hate them...almost as much as the Beatles.
11-14-02 11:23 AM
Moonisup Bono is a dumb fat guy who really can't sing! Politics,the last time they really sung politics on an album was in the early nineties, they still say that they do that, well hell NO! And they think that they are the best band in the world, hell no. It's bad enough that people think that, it's even worse that they day that themselves, arrogant pricks that is what they are

the wooden shoe
11-14-02 11:26 AM
jb .....
[Edited by jb]