ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill's Book @ Amazon.ca Return to archive
11-13-02 07:19 AM
walk Little tip for my fellow Hosers...

Chapters has Bill's new book @ $80.00 Cdn

Amazon.ca has it on for $56.00. I had a $10.00 visa coupon, and with free shipping for anything over $39.00, Mrs. Walk just picked up my Xmas gift shipped with taxes for under $50.00. Sweeeeeeeeet

That's like $1.75 US.

This book is beautiful. I was disappointed when I found out that it wasn't the sequel to Stone Alone, but when I saw it in the store I was blown away. So many pics that I'd never seen before. Really looks like it will be a permanent fixture in our living room.
11-13-02 08:18 AM
chevysales you will like it.
i got it and didn't put it down from cover to cover
11-13-02 08:32 AM
Maxlugar I got mine for $35.00 and free shipping from Amazon.

I too was a little disappointed that this book is not a continuation on Stone Alone. My guess is he got tired of trying to peace the '70's togather and just put it out as the diary/ Scapbook you see before you.

Great book and it has only reinforced my belief that Keith is more at fault than Mick for their deteriorated relationship within the band. Go through all the late 70's early 80's stuff and see just how much Keith and Ronnie didn't show up for various rehersals and meetings. Poor friggin' Mick. If nothing else the guy is a total pro and had to deal with these two "kids" acting stupid for so long. No wonder when they (or rather Keith) cleaned up he was like "Oh NOW you want fly straight and take some control?!, NOT!"

And to be fair, Mick gets some shit in the book too. So you know this is not an anti-Keith book.

Bill Wyman has the goods.
11-13-02 08:45 AM
nankerphelge When they interviewed Jagger for that 25X5 thingy, he mentioned the whole "ruckus" that his solo stuff caused and mentioned that Keith had done his thing way back when -- alluding I believe to the Winos. I imagine that musta alienated Mick a bit too.

It's too bad they've grown apart, but hey, happens to the best of 'em. The good news is that they have managed to work around the differences and tour -- alot!! When you look at the numbers, their touring schedule '89 to present is not far from their '69-'81 pace -- and the tours have been bigger/longer. Amazing I think!
11-13-02 09:26 AM
Maxlugar Actually is was the New Barbarians and Mick didn't rasie a fuss about that as far as I remember.

Yeah I'm sure if you added up the shows, they may have more since '89 than '69 - '82.
11-13-02 10:09 AM
nankerphelge No he didn't raise a fuss at the time -- but in the 25X5, interview he mentioned it, which made me wonder whether maybe it got under his skin more than he let on at the time (late 70s). Between the drugs and extracurriculars, it is not unreasonable for Mick to have questioned Keith's commitment.
11-13-02 10:20 AM
Stonesthrow I got Bill's book, Rolling With the Stones, yesterday at Costco for $28.99. Cash and carry. No waiting or shipping charges.

11-13-02 10:59 AM
Maxlugar Did ya get a couple of flats of Poland Spring water too?

11-13-02 01:04 PM
gypsy Got mine for $35 too...that includes tax and S&H! Bought it new at half.com.
11-13-02 01:16 PM
walk Man, my Nortel stock didn't fall as quickly as the price of Bill's book.

Good thing I didn't impulse buy when I saw it at Chapters.

Is Bill doing a sequel to Stone Alone??

I read a review at the Crowes board I frequent about his book signing in NYC. Sounds like he basically recited what was in his first book.

I gave up my Costco membership years ago, but that's a great price. Problem is I would have gone to spend $26.00 on the book, and walked out with $300 in groceries. That place is EVIL.
11-13-02 02:45 PM
jb Fuck..I overpaid as usual..50 bucks..not even 10% Borders discount...I hate Bill....
11-13-02 03:46 PM
Maxlugar What, it wasn't worth $50 bucks for you, you cheap bastard?

$50 to you is like 10 cents for the rest of us.

That book is worth 10 times the original price.

It has healing powers!

11-14-02 12:34 AM
Stonesthrow MaxLugar wrote-- Did ya get a couple of flats of Poland Spring water too?

No but if it's that important to you, I can arrange for Costco to ship it to you (at your expense). Besides, everyone knows Poland Springs is so de classe. Kirkland is the real deal.

11-14-02 07:58 AM
Maxlugar Oh I was just curious because every time me and the wife go there she has to get like 80 flats of bottled water. That and a gigantic bundle of paper friggin' towels. Within five minutes the cart is full and we've only just begun. I practically have to strap the cases of beer to my head if I want it.

11-14-02 08:07 AM
nankerphelge You mean you aren't supposed to strap cases of beer to your head?