ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: micktaylor.com farewell Return to archive
11-12-02 08:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As you know I was out of town for two weeks, checking the SW5 mailing list I just read this, posted by my friend and website creator Gary Paranzino

Nothing worthwhile lasts forever. Things that last forever are usually not thought of as worthwhile.

It's like your favorite restaurant. Initially you're amazed at the food and the great prices. Then it becomes comfortable. Then the exotic tastes become as predictable as a bag of BBQ potato chips. Then you find yourself going there because you haven't been adventurous enough to
find a new special place. Then one day you arrive and there is a tax notice on the front door and the place is closed forever. And you say, "you know, the last few times we came here, there was a bad smell that ruined my appetite." And you wonder why they had to close before you
stopped coming.

My site had a great run. It helped create a wonderful online Mick Taylor community. That community will still exist, just in different places. And I want to believe it was a player in shaping the historical view of Mick Taylor's immense contribution to the Rolling Stones. Ten
years ago, no one acknowledged a "Mick Taylor era". Today, every article admits the Taylor years were the heyday.

I hope I acted soon enough that you will remember the site fondly and not as having a "bad smell". Like a band-aid, it was best removed quickly and without advance warning.

I am still the world's biggest Mick Taylor fan -- take that, Curtis!

I hope I can continue to participate in sw5 and all the other MT forums that are sure to arise and evolve.

Gary

This is shooking and sad news for me and many of us, as it was the best site along with Nico's

R.I.P. http://www.micktaylor.com

11-12-02 09:49 PM
Maxlugar Ya know, I never even went there once.

And I'm in the bring back Mick Taylor camp.

Shit am I lazy......
11-13-02 04:18 AM
MarthaMyDear This is REALLY sad!!! I'm very sorry to see that you want to end your site, etc., but please just think about maybe just making it a "static" site... That's keeping it online just for informational purposes, etc.... You can put a note on the front page explaining that, or something... There's ways to work with that... I'll send Gary an email about this... I'm sure ALOT of people don't want to lose-out on the info. and everything that's up there!!! SHEESH!!! Take care!!!
11-13-02 06:38 AM
Nellcote WTF? Mick T should just make his own site.
11-13-02 10:10 AM
jb Time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me...Mick Taylor was the greatest musician to ever grace the stage with the boys...simply the best!!!
11-13-02 10:58 AM
Scottfree I used to love the white message board over there, you didn't have to register and could post thoughts aimlessly. That was the first message board site the I frequented truly a sad day.. "Time can tear down a building or destroy a woman's face, hours are like diamonds don't let them waste."
11-13-02 01:22 PM
Joey I loved that site , but quit posting there after they installed filters . No reason really , just got bored .

Ron Wood got a real kick - in - the - ass from that site and all of the " Bring Back Taylor " stuff . That is why he is playing so well today .

Here's hoping Taylor joins them onstage at MSG in January .

Enough Said !!!!!!

Joey

11-14-02 04:47 AM
MarthaMyDear IMO, the reason why Ronnie's playing so great (I should say EXCELLENTLY) on this tour is because he's clean and sober, period... RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!! RIGHT ON, RONNIE!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

But, then there's DEFINITELY... JA!!! JA!!! JA!!! JOEY!!! lol.............. :P Peace... Rock on!!!
11-14-02 04:50 AM
MarthaMyDear Ok.... lol............ :P That's a BIT too many smiley faces, I must admit!!! lol.............. :P Sorry, folks, and I ALSO apologize to MYSELF on that one, I think... lol............................... :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, that's it... lol............ :P ;D
11-14-02 01:02 PM
Factory Girl Voodoo, did Gary give a reason as to why he retired www.micktaylor.com? There must have been a reason-just interested. Thanks.