ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's the matter with Keith? Return to archive
11-10-02 10:11 AM
F505 In almost every review I read how Keith is losing his touch. For example:

"Slipping Away brought tears to my eyes, for both the audience and Keith understood the inherent meaning in his words better now than ever."

What this this all mean? What's the matter with him? Are we losing Keith; the best rock 'n' roll-player ever?
11-10-02 10:51 AM
SirMuddy it's just meaning that he's singing f/%$&?ing good!
11-10-02 05:17 PM
kath "slippin away" was sensational in tacoma. he sang like an angel.
11-10-02 05:40 PM
full moon He is still a force...
11-10-02 06:13 PM
Martha Keef was unstoppable in Detroit...a man with a mission..hellbent.....incredible...I'll never be the same.
11-10-02 11:10 PM
dead man cum Well, I just caught the Pac Bell Friday show in SF and IMO Keith was so on top of his game, especially his guitar work, although his vocals were strong also. I mean, on the No
security toru I thought Keith was spending way too much time goofing around, wierd gesticualtions and not enohg pounding, relentless guitar that I would have rather seen. But in San Fran Friday night, forget it. Not only did Keith hammer home his rhythym parts in tasteful but forceful manner, but also he played considerable lead, at least 8-10 runs over the course of the night. So I don't know what the Keith nay-sayers saw, but it wasn't the one I saw.

TTTTT
11-12-02 01:20 AM
FPM C10 On occasion this tour he HAS screwed up big time - "BTMMR" at MSG was a train wreck (a WONDERFUL trainwreck that ended up with a torrent of incredible guitar playing, but a trainwreck nonetheless)and he started "Tumblin' Dice" instead of "Don't Stop" somewhere else. But the thing that struck me most was his performance of "Slippin' Away" at Veteran Stadium in Philly. No mistakes - it was PERFECT, achingly perfect, but it was SO profoundly SAD. It really seemed like something WAS slipping away. I was glad to hear how forcefully he played at Giant Stadium a week later, and at other shows, but I do get a nagging feeling that something's not right with Keith. He SHOULD be happy - his band sounds better than ever.

I get a LITTLE bit of a vibe that he's juuuuust a touch jealous of Woody's rebirth. Woody's been overstepping his "little brother" role quite often this tour.
11-12-02 01:36 AM
~AzQb

FleabitPeanutMonkey.C10,MH12!

"Humbled" a bit, maybe...but still RighteouslyTheRiffOnAMission!

All these things going on "under the bonnet", yes.
"Losing His Touch"- never.

He'sRiffingHarderThanEver, to MOI, anyway ; )

~RoTbFl, PostJoeyRamoneLessStressSyndrome sufferer
11-12-02 07:58 AM
lucasd4
quote:
F505 wrote:
In almost every review I read how Keith is losing his touch. For example:

"Slipping Away brought tears to my eyes, for both the audience and Keith understood the inherent meaning in his words better now than ever."

What this this all mean? What's the matter with him? Are we losing Keith; the best rock 'n' roll-player ever?

Keith has been losing his touch for a long time now....nothing new....hasn't been consistently great since the SOME GIRLS tour
11-12-02 09:18 AM
steel driving hammer I'd really like to know if it was Keiths decicion to stop playing CYHMK.

Is Ronnie starting to "over-shadow" Keith?
11-12-02 10:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I'd really like to know if it was Keiths decicion to stop playing CYHMK.

Is Ronnie starting to "over-shadow" Keith?

What do you mean, 'stop playing CYHMK'? The last three shows have been stadium shows where it's never played.

No, Ronnie'll never 'overshadow' Keith. Keith's got the mystique going for him too much to ever be overshadowed by Ronnie, who is, as the Forty Licks package said, "The new guy for thirty years". Some of these newspapers think Mick Taylor was the be-all and end-all of everything...

Wankers.

-tSYX --- Heyyyyyy schoolgirl in the second row... (this signature specifically chosen to piss off Fiji Joe for no reason)
11-12-02 11:08 AM
F505 Is Ronnie starting to "over-shadow" Keith?

That seems ridiculous to me. With all respect but Keith is of a different class than Ronnie. Keith is hors concours. Even if he's losing his touch he still has the magic Ronnie never will achieve.
11-12-02 11:19 AM
steel driving hammer I didn't say he is over shadowing.

Just a question...

Roll on you bastards.
11-12-02 11:22 AM
F505 yes I know and I think I answered the question!
11-12-02 12:49 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
F505 wrote:
yes I know and I think I answered the question!

Well, actually, you just gave your opinion.

You got to roll me down yeah...
11-12-02 02:14 PM
Mother baby
quote:
F505 wrote:
In almost every review I read how Keith is losing his touch.

Yeah ... and the moon is made of green cheese.
11-12-02 04:58 PM
kath keith wouldn't make them stop playing CYHMK...he knows how great it is that they are doing it again! i AM annoyed that i didn't get it at tacoma...but i have some boots some very nice friends sent me, and i can hear it anytime i want.
and keef is the MAN!! my god, he just blew me away on "slippin away" in tacoma..i had tears rolling down my cheeks and i was pounding my chest with my fist in my thank you keef gesture. gawd i love this band.
11-12-02 09:33 PM
steel driving hammer Good. I can't see why Keith would give up that one.

Just a little concerned as to why they haven't played it for that last 4 shows.

That song and If You Can't Rock Me...

Don't Stop btw, is a winner.

Bakie Don't Stop.

Don't EVER Stop.
11-13-02 01:20 AM
Martha

Savage and Young Xyzzy said: "What do you mean, 'stop playing CYHMK'? The last three shows have been stadium shows where it's never played. "

They have played it at stadium shows S&Y. I witnessed them play a flawless CYHMK at Ford Field 10/12/02

They performed it at both Ohio shows as well.

I expect to see it pop back up soon.

11-13-02 01:48 AM
MarthaMyDear ~AzQb has great taste, of course... Keith was GREAT!!! Rock on with your bad-ass self, MOMMA!!! ;D ROCK ON!!! Take care!!!
11-13-02 11:52 AM
Marleesnaturalmystic Slipping Away brought tears to my eyes also - glad to hear I'm not the only one who had that reaction.
11-13-02 11:10 PM
~AzQb

hey MadMartha!!!!

Are you by any chance "hearts4sale" on Gsx3?

Been wondering ; )!

~
11-14-02 04:23 AM
MarthaMyDear Hey, ~AzQb!! Nope!!! That's not me... Is there someone else who posts alot of smileys, and shite??? lol.......................... :P Now, I'm curious... I'll check-out that person't posts!!! No, I only use my name, Martha, etc. (believe it or not)...

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the show(s) you've seen so far, etc., and I shall talk to you soon!!! Take care, Keithian lady, and rock on witchor' bad self!!! PEACE!!! lol............ :P