ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations to the proud parents, and to Rieke for having them!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SF 11/9 setlist Return to archive
11-10-02 03:20 AM
ehellweg Here ya have it then:

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Tumblin Dice
Don't Stop
Rocks Off
Wild Horses
CAGWYW
Monkey Man
Midnight Rambler
(INTRO)
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
Sympathy for the Devil
(2nd stage)
Only Rock and Roll
Let it Bleed
You Got Me Rockin
(end 2nd stage)
Gimme Shelter
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fightin Man
Jumpin Jack Flash

encore: Satisfaction
11-10-02 09:29 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Looks like the usual... mmm... "Rocks Off"...

Man, I love this tour.

-tSYX --- I may end up spendin' all my money, but I'll still be alive...
11-10-02 11:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

11-11-02 09:36 AM
CS Not exactly a show review, but a nice article

Posted on Sun, Nov. 10, 2002

Fine lesson in history, little else
By Marian Liu
Mercury News

It was a rock 'n' roll history lesson, but the last thing I wanted to see was some 60-year-old shaking his butt.

The Rolling Stones, who are my dad's age, proved they are still virile after 40 years of performing. This was classic rock at its best. No angst, mosh pits and drama, this was rock 'n' roll in the name of sex and fun.

``I don't care if they are too old,'' said Moises Lemus, a 40-year-old construction worker from Oakland. ``They might as well come in wheelchairs, I wouldn't care. This is just good old rock 'n' roll.''

The Stones are a show not to be missed. How many other music forefathers are still performing? Elvis, Tupac and Jam Master Jay are gone. Michael Jackson is wacked out.

For Richard Lavigna, 42, this was a chance for him to show his 10-year-old daughter a piece of his past. The Oakland doctor first saw the Stones in 1978 for $10. ``I wanted her to experience the Stones at least once.''

Jenna Lavigna, who's also seen the Backstreet Boys, stood wide-eyed, watching history revive itself.

For nearly two hours, Mick Jagger said little, just jumped and flung his arms ferociously. He grabbed Sheryl Crow to prove he's still the same old sex god. His voice faltered only during the encore, ``Satisfaction.''

Keith Richards showed signs that he was indeed ``Slippin' Away.'' His voice was dry and soft, and he looked like heroin addiction has taken a toll.

So, did Jenna think the Stones were better than the Backstreet Boys? ``It was way better,'' she said, ``because it was funner and louder.''

But were the Stones cuter? She scrunched up her face: ``No!''

With creases in their faces as deep as faults, the Stones looked like the evil sorceress in ``Snow White.'' Plus, the cameras kept zooming in on the leather-clad derriere of 60-year-old drummer Charlie Watts and projecting it on the huge video screens. Gross.

But the fans, mostly my parents' age, rushed up and jumped on chairs to catch a glimpse of the old splendor. After the first encore, the fans screamed for more but had to be satisfied with fireworks.

I was hoping for more. Tickets were $50 to more than $300 -- what I paid for a graduation cruise to Mexico.

Although the Stones rocked, I couldn't connect with the ambience. This was not the music of my generation, and although I might catch another show if the band comes to town again, I'm more likely to catch the band's descendants -- the Hives, the Vines, Hoobastank or the White Stripes -- at a tenth the price.

Jennifer Conley, a 17-year-old from Orinda, said the Stones were better than Blink-182. ``They get the crowd involved and make you feel like a part of the crowd. They really put their heart into it.''

It made me wonder: Would Tupac be as potent at 59? Or would he have showed the Stones a thing or two?

11-12-02 11:03 PM
stoneslib Here's a Pac Bell Saturday night pic I took.

H
11-12-02 11:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Stoneslib!!! Do you have more, post as many as you can! I'm sure they all will be great!
11-12-02 11:46 PM
stoneslib Thank you - you're very kind. I got numerous sharp, side angle, full stage shots like the one above. But what I *really* wanted was to be up by the B stage snapping away. I was able to creep fairly close, but not in optimum range for the cameras and lenses I had on me.

Here's a cropped sample detail from the B stage vicinity.

Now in San Diego I will be *very* close to the B stage.
Watch for more results from there.
11-15-02 01:38 AM
Madafaka Voodoo are you from Argentina? I wanna talk to you!
Thanks.