ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: burning dvd audio on to cdr Return to archive
11-14-03 07:56 AM
Factory Girl
Can I burn any dvd audio (Music or movies) on my stand-alone? Do I need extra equipment? Will it hurt the stand-alone? TIA!!!

11-14-03 10:56 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Can I burn any dvd audio (Music or movies) on my stand-alone? Do I need extra equipment? Will it hurt the stand-alone? TIA!!!

I've done it. It's essentially analog on CD though. They sound great and it cool way to take DVD audio to the car, for example.

Here's the simple way I do it: hook your DVD player into the left/right inputs on your amp (I use the front inputs for Aux). Then start play on the DVD and "monitor" the analog sound going to your stand-alone CD recorder. If you are happy with the record levels, start it over and start recording. Of course, you'll have to stand close by and hit the >>| button to advance your recording track number. It can be tedious but if the audio you want to take with you is exciting enough you'll have to be patient and record it real time. It's almost like transferring cassette audio to CD - you need to do it real time and manually insert your track changes as you record.

~ Jerry
11-14-03 12:19 PM
Starfucker download this program: http://www.imtoo-dvd-ripper.com/downloads/dvd-audio-ripper.exe
11-14-03 12:21 PM
Starfucker oops, sorry didn't "read" your post..
11-14-03 02:22 PM
Factory Girl My burner can't read dvd discs. It reads them as "Error discs".