ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone got $11 Million I can borrow Return to archive
11-13-03 01:21 PM
nankerphelge Betting on the $11 million bra

Victoria's Secret hopes the baubles in its lingerie can spur its 'fashion show' -- and sales.
November 13, 2003: 12:19 PM EST
By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money Staff Writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A supermodel in a $11 million jeweled bra will be among the weapons Victoria's Secret will use to hype its 2003 holiday season lingerie line -- and, with it, the ratings for its annual televised show.

The CBS special last year wasn't exactly a runway, or runaway, success. It averaged 10.5 million viewers, down about 15 percent from 2001, when Walt Disney's (DIS: Research, Estimates) ABC network won the rights to televise the show for the first time.

It was the 44th rated show for the week, according to Nielsen Media Research. NBC's medical drama "ER" was No. 1 that week with more than 27 million viewers.

"CBS has picked it up again because titillation is exactly what drives ratings during sweeps month. But if the show's viewership declines substantially this year, then I think CBS might re-evaluate its decision next year," he added.

CBS spokesman Chris Enders told CNN/Money the network has modest expectations for the special this year. "In its time slot the fashion show is going up against "Law & Order" on NBC and the "The Bachelor" finale on ABC. That's tough competition. But its a different show for CBS, it brings a new audience to us and advertisers like the show because it generates a good buzz and it's fun."

Victoria's Secret would not disclose how much it was spending on the show.

11-13-03 01:26 PM
Nellcote C'mon Nanky, I can't give to both causes. I am starting a web site to raise funds to help out Rosie O'Donnell. Do you know she has paid 8 mil for legal defense against those ruthless people she used to work for. I, for one, think it is wrong, so I am leading the effort to help her out of the jam that she is in. I know she is a good, kind hearted soul, she has enriched my life, this is the least I can do. Can I count on you to circle the wagons around some donors in your area, to bring some needed relief back to the Queen Of Mean? Please? Thanks so much! Praise Be Allah!
11-13-03 01:27 PM
nankerphelge Buy Rosie the bra!!
11-13-03 01:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Buy Rosie the bra!!

She wears bras?
11-13-03 01:32 PM
glencar Wouldn't fit, dude!
11-13-03 01:36 PM
LadyJane She'd give it to her wife, Kelly!!!

LJ.
11-13-03 02:24 PM
gimmekeef That bra on the super model is $11 Million.To retro fit for Rosie would cost at least another $50 Million.I go blind just thinking about it!