ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More on Wal-mart! Return to archive
11-13-03 10:17 AM
nankerphelge Playboy undresses Wal-Mart women

Playboy.com launches the 'The Women of Wal-Mart' pictorial featuring 6 employees minus uniforms.
November 12, 2003: 4:03 PM EST
By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money Staff Writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Playboy.com's controversial "Women of Wal-Mart" feature went live Wednesday, showcasing six of Wal-Mart's "sexiest" female employees who dared to shed their uniforms for the online pictorial.

"This was a once in a lifetime opportunity," said Tesha Mullen, one of the feature's models. "When I heard about the pictorial, I knew right away that I wanted to send in photos. Some of the most beautiful women in the world have posed for Playboy and it is an honor to have been selected for this feature."

Playboy.com launches the "Women of Wal-Mart" pictorial.
In September Playboy.com had announced it was searching for the sexiest women at Wal-Mart, the world's biggest retailer. Playboy (PLA: up $0.37 to $16.88, Research, Estimates) ran a similar-themed 'Women of Enron' last year and 'Women of Starbucks' photospreads in the magazine earlier this year.

"We received over 400 responses from Wal-Mart employees. That's more than the responses we got from both Enron and Starbucks (SBUX: Research, Estimates) employees," said Jay Nesheim, spokeswoman for Playboy.com.

Nesheim said the six models, including a photo lab technician, assistant manager and a department manager, were paid for their feature but would not disclose the amount.

"We knew that this would be a very provocative thing for us to do," said John Thomas, editor of Playboy.com. "Wal-Mart has a conservative corporate image and we knew they wouldn't be thrilled. But we're hoping that the company will be pleased once they see how fun the pictures are and how empowered the women at Wal-Mart feel."

For its part, Wal-Mart said the pictorial "is in poor taste." "Based on our values, we will be disappointed if any of our people do participate in it," said spokesman Tom Williams. "However, individuals are free to do what they want."

Recently Wal-Mart, in an effort to spread its wholesome image as a family store, said it would put covers on a few women's magazines that typically display racy pictures and story titles.

11-13-03 10:18 AM
Joey

Nanky ..................................

Two Words :

" Howard Carter "

What ?!?!?! Oh , OK !!!!! :

" Baby Steelie "

Jacky !
11-13-03 01:24 PM
gypsy I have a comic strip on the Wal-Mart/Playboy *thingy* that I want to post...how do I do it? It's just one picture.
11-13-03 02:37 PM
c.k. "Based on our values, we will be disappointed if any of our people do participate in it," said spokesman Tom Williams.

Values? What kind of values does Wal-Mart have? Greed, ruthlessness, corruption? Surely these Playboy photos will be more innocent than any of the evil, corrupt things that Wal-Mart does on a daily basis.
11-13-03 04:06 PM
gimmekeef And they save us even more by using illegal aliens to clean the stores!
11-13-03 05:42 PM
Factory Girl Those illigal aliens don't realize that "...to live outside the law you must be honest." (Bob Dylan)

Hey Nanky, I drove by the Kingstowne Walmart today, Ronnie!!
11-13-03 05:48 PM
glencar Walmart sux.