ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron keith Dialogue on Voodoo Brew... Return to archive
11-13-03 08:40 AM
Jumacfly Hi everybody!!

i ve noticed this and had fun with that:

at the end of voodoo brew (disc 2 or 3 I dont remenber) there is a very very hilarious dialogue between Keith and Ronnie....they talk about chiba rollers (we got no chiba rollers by keith , we re shitless by Ronnie)and many things about the voice effects ...Keith sings a few words like a reggae man, that s fuck**g HI LA RIOUS!!!
Anyone heard it?

cheers
JU
11-13-03 09:51 AM
nankerphelge I've never heard the discs.

But if Keith and Ronnie need someone to just hang out and roll them fats ones, I sure would like to know how to apply for THAT job!

"I smell a career change Ronald"
11-13-03 10:27 AM
Jumacfly LOL Nankie!! they re really stoned on this part...never heard voodoo brew??
11-13-03 10:29 AM
nankerphelge A friend sent me a tape of some of the tunes off of one of the Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue boots.

Honest Man
In the Middle of the Ocean
Zipmouth Angle
some others too that I don't remember

But I have never heard the entire thing

11-13-03 11:04 AM
padre I've got a disc called Voodo Lounge Outtakes which is taken from Brew and Stew. There's a 15 minute clip of Ronnie and Keef trying to do harmonies for You Got It Made. Hillarious stuff, the guys are stoned and drunk out of their heads. Don Was must be a very patient guy if the whole session was like that!
11-13-03 11:31 AM
Jumacfly i d like to know what they smoke before!!!
11-13-03 11:35 AM
throbby Hey Nanker! If your interested I can make you a copy and send them to you.
11-13-03 12:22 PM
sandrew My favorite is the conversation at the end of one of the "Brew" discs -- something about a fake guitar being confiscated at an airport. Keith is absolutely out of his gord, and it's hysterical.
11-13-03 12:33 PM
Zeeta I enjoy keith's "dialogue" or should I say "Random pissed [Nolted] mumblings" on Acoustic Mother Fuckers' Beatles song, I Wanna Hold Your Hand and Keith stops at the achetypical Beatles bridge and mumbles "Horrible Beatle's bridge - NOT going to do it!"

He is the Lord oh praise him!!!
11-13-03 01:08 PM
nankerphelge throbby! you'd do that for me???

I don't have to don the leather thong or anything, do I???

11-13-03 01:28 PM
throbby Nope. No leather thong this time! There are a total of ten discs in this set. I have Voodoo Brew and Stew. I don't have Residue, and some unfortunate soul robbed me of Voodoo Stew disc three. I will gladly send you seven out of ten which should give you plenty to listen to. Just PM me your address. I like the disc of Keith alone on the acoustic. Excellent sound quality through out.