ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header Pic Return to archive
11-13-03 01:48 AM
sirmoonie Is there anything cooler than a young Keith Richards absorbed in his guitar?

The answer is no.

That header reminds me of vid I've seen of RnR Circus JJF, when the man just played and plucked like god. Which he was at the time.
11-13-03 02:36 AM
marko Moonie!This pic is from ROTTERDAM 1973.I have few more pics
from this show(s).
11-13-03 08:00 AM
LadyJane

No words!!

LJ
11-13-03 08:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man So Keith would of been 29. I suppose that is still youngish. I don't know though, i only turned 20 a couple of months ago and im feeling older. Guess it is something to do with no longer being a teenager.

sirmoonie is spot on though, Keith was as cool as fuck back then. I love the hair and pink flairs. Very 70's!

Alex
11-13-03 08:30 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh the beauty...i'm left speechless!!!!!!
11-13-03 09:36 AM
jb This is why we fell in love wit the Stones...at one time, Keith was the coolest man on the planet...not to mention the greatest rhythm guitar player ...
11-13-03 09:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
marko wrote:
Moonie!This pic is from ROTTERDAM 1973.I have few more pics
from this show(s).

Thanks Marko, now I updated the venue and date, do you (or somebody else) know the author? Irina sent me a lot of pix but she does not know the author or any other infromation, maybe Sergey
11-13-03 10:19 AM
Scot Rocks Brilliant, one of those great im keith, the coolest fuckin guy on the planet pics, anyone any idea what Keef is playing in the pic.

Happy maybe?

cheers

Mark

11-13-03 10:23 AM
Tom I think it's Midnight Rambler
11-13-03 10:55 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff A B S O L U T E L Y F A N T A S T I C !!
This Is My Keith, the guy who formed my life, who grown me up in Rock'n'Roll....so,please Marko, give us mooore shots of that Keef!!
11-13-03 11:43 AM
magicwoman wow he is beautiful and handsome ;-)
11-13-03 12:07 PM
Moonisup maybe SFM of JJF judging from the capo on his guitar, maybe mathijs knows..
11-13-03 12:22 PM
jb Hey Rik...how are you? That picture is on the cover of a boot I received from a fellow member entitled "Lost Brussels".
11-13-03 12:28 PM
scratched
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Brilliant, one of those great im keith, the coolest fuckin guy on the planet pics, anyone any idea what Keef is playing in the pic.

Happy maybe?

cheers

Mark

Its not Midnight Rambler as the capo is in the wrong position. From the guitar/capo/chord combination, I'd say it is either Happy or, most likely, Tumbling Dice.
11-13-03 12:33 PM
Joey " This is why we fell in love wit the Stones...at one time, Keith was the coolest man on the planet...not to mention the greatest rhythm guitar player ... "

Josh .....................................

I would like to

11-13-03 12:35 PM
Moonisup yeah I'm ok! Busy with school!
Scratched, I really thinks it's SFM or JJF, but it also could be TD, looking at the capo
11-13-03 12:44 PM
scratched
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yeah I'm ok! Busy with school!
Scratched, I really thinks it's SFM or JJF, but it also could be TD, looking at the capo

You could be right - it looks like a fast/loud song. I wasn't sure what guitars he played SFM and JJF on in '73 - he's got too many to keep track of!
11-13-03 12:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Is there anything cooler than a young Keith Richards absorbed in his guitar?

Yeah. Young Brian absorbed in his guitar....LOL. But that's the ONLY thing. Okay it's a toss up. What a band!!!!!!!
11-13-03 02:41 PM
marko no idea about the author.i think i have those pics on cd??
I do have LOTS of EX stones books.I�m just tooooo fucking
lazy.
11-13-03 03:20 PM
Joey " no idea about the author.i think i have those pics on cd??
I do have LOTS of EX stones books.I�m just tooooo fucking
lazy.

Marko ..................have you heard anything about the Stones coming back in 2005 ?!?!?!

I need a " Stones Fix " really bad ( ly ?!?!?! )

Jacky !
11-13-03 03:24 PM
marko Nothing what i can say actaully,,,,,,,rumors buddy rumours!
11-13-03 03:32 PM
Joey " Nothing what i can say actaully,,,,,,,rumors buddy rumours! "

Ok ! Cool !

11-13-03 05:06 PM
macawber thats the guy-thats the keith i know.he rarely did interviews back then and when he did he usually talked about music.
he always presented a united front with mick instead of backstabbing him in the press and never felt he had to let everyone know he was "co-leader" of the band.he didn't pose onstage and smile like an idiot at the crowd-he stayed back there in lockstep with charlie and played the shit out of that guitar.that keith wasn't a "star" he was a musician.i miss him.
11-13-03 05:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
macawber wrote:
he always presented a united front with mick instead of backstabbing him in the press and never felt he had to let everyone know he was "co-leader" of the band.he didn't pose onstage and smile like an idiot at the crowd-he stayed back there in lockstep with charlie and played the shit out of that guitar.that keith wasn't a "star" he was a musician.i miss him.

Boy, do you need a dose of reality. If, what you say is true, and I don't say it is, it's time to break up the act.
Fuck it. At least it would give a few years to "finalize" things.

11-13-03 06:00 PM
stonedinaustralia ...as kool as fuck

reminds me why, as an impressionable 15 year old,the stones became the centre of my universe

the coolest man on the planet...not only could he really play that guitar he looked so good doing it...

the reason those "keith richards is rock and roll" comments were made so often...i can think of only one other who might come close (imho) and that's jimi hendrix ('tho sometimes jimi's clothes was a little too "flashy" for my taste - but he sure could play guitar
11-13-03 06:12 PM
macawber how do you know that i need a "dose of reality" if you're not even sure if what i said is true or not???

do some research and then we'll talk,until then make like your buddy zappa and be real quiet.
11-13-03 06:27 PM
Riffhard That shot of Keith is the one that is used as the subject of the famous Keith charicature. You know the one. It's Keith with nasty assed teeth playing a bent "smack" spoon. The caption reads Keef Riffhard. Anyway,that's where my moniker came from! It is on the cover of Lost Brussells as well. My good friend Throbby sent that wonderful disk to me some time ago.

Riffhard
11-14-03 08:42 AM
LadyJane Whoever changes the Header pic....can you PLEASE post this wonderful pic of Keef in the Superblow thread???

Thank YOU!!!

LJ
11-14-03 09:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Scanned by Sergey, sent by Irina and processed with magic by this poor chile