ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When did Keith record "Please Please Me"? Return to archive
11-12-03 08:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I just got this off Kazaa, it sounds like a homemade recording, I think it's hilarious. He struggles through the chords and sings it like it's "The Nearness Of You", makes me think it's pretty recent, not Toronto '77 sessions - sound quality's too good. At the end of it he says something like "Not gonna do that... y'see? I could've written something like that..." before my recording cuts off.

Where's this from? I couldn't stop laughing listening to it. Can you imagine if the Beatles had given the Stones "Please Please Me" instead of "I Wanna Be Your Man"?

-tSYX --- The harder they come, the harder they fall...
11-12-03 09:06 PM
SirMuddy 2 versions:

831200C December: KEITH RICHARDS. Cabo San Lucas (Mexico), hotel room.
- Please Please Me (John Lennon/Paul McCartney)

931103B between 3rd November - 11th December: KEITH RICHARDS. Dublin, Ireland, Windmill Lane Recording. Producer: Don Was & The Glimmer Twins. Sound engineer: Don Smith. Jam during overdubsessions for the song New Faces.
- Please Please Me (John Lennon/Paul McCartney)

Voodoo one's great sounding!
11-12-03 09:08 PM
SirMuddy And thanks to Nico for is wonderful web page infos!

http://www.nzentgraf.de/

Love is strong!
11-14-03 07:36 AM
Zeeta
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I just got this off Kazaa, it sounds like a homemade recording, I think it's hilarious. He struggles through the chords and sings it like it's "The Nearness Of You", makes me think it's pretty recent, not Toronto '77 sessions - sound quality's too good. At the end of it he says something like "Not gonna do that... y'see? I could've written something like that..." before my recording cuts off.

Where's this from? I couldn't stop laughing listening to it. Can you imagine if the Beatles had given the Stones "Please Please Me" instead of "I Wanna Be Your Man"?

-tSYX --- The harder they come, the harder they fall...

It's on the Acoustic Motherfuckers bootleg, but I don't know when it dates from mate! PM me and I'll copy it for you if you wish!
11-14-03 10:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man I love after "Crying Waiting Hoping" when Keith mumbles "Buddy Holly, check out that mother fucker" before lighting his fag.

It's from the Voodoo Lounge sessions

Alex