ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Girl Scouts Hunt Beavers-nanky Alert (nsc) Return to archive
11-12-03 11:56 AM
telecaster Did nanky see this? Girl Scouts hunting beavers.

Seems I am not the only one doing so

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-scouts12.html

BEYOND COOKIES: GIRLS HUNT BEAVERS

Chicago Sun Times
November 12, 2003

BY RACHEL D'ORO

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Let other Girl Scouts make bird feeders out of Clorox bottles and glue together little birch-bark canoes -- Troop 34 in Alaska is learning to trap and skin beavers.

In a practice that has angered animal rights activists, the girls are killing the beavers as part of a state flood-management program.

''We think it sends a very, very bad message that when animals cause a problem you kill them,'' said Stephanie Boyles of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. She said the Girl Scouts should want girls to become ''stewards of wildlife, not abusers.''

Last spring, about 10 members of the Fairbanks troop and their families helped catch two beavers using snare and lethal traps. The girls were taught how to find the animals' dens and how to lay the traps. Working under close supervision, the girls used knives to skin the beavers.

The troop had the pelts tanned and plans to make hats and mittens once a dozen hides are collected. The girls also want to cook beaver meat.

They plan to begin setting traps out again this month.

11-12-03 12:32 PM
gypsy And to think, in a few years some of those girls will be hard up for cash, and sending in polaroids to Beaver Hunt.
11-12-03 01:31 PM
nankerphelge I did see that article, Tele!

You gotta love girl scouts who dig beaver!

11-12-03 01:40 PM
Joey " You gotta love girl scouts who dig beaver! "

Or love beavers who dig girl scouts .

{ WHIFF }

Strike out HARD Ronnie !

Jercee
11-12-03 02:24 PM
gypsy I never made it to Girl Scouts. I quit Brownies because I got in trouble on a nature hike...I saw some couple doing it in the woods, and I yelled at the other girls: "Oh my God, y'all have to see this!"...and the Brownie leader got mad, and pulled me aside for a lecture. I was only seven.
11-12-03 03:06 PM
Joey " I quit Brownies because I got in trouble on a nature hike...I saw some couple doing it in the woods, and I yelled at the other girls: "Oh my God, y'all have to see this!"...and the Brownie leader got mad, and pulled me aside for a lecture. I was only seven. "

IMHO .....................the Brownie Leader had a crush on you .

Shiver ..........................................

For My Baby : " Stones Rule You Bastards "

J.

11-12-03 03:10 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I did see that article, Tele!

You gotta love girl scouts who dig beaver!

I'm waiting for "wolfpuss" to somehow be tied into this...
11-13-03 10:36 AM
TomL Janet Reno has a wolfpuss
11-13-03 10:37 AM
nankerphelge What's her name?
11-13-03 10:39 AM
Joey " What's her name? "

11-13-03 10:42 AM
TomL Rosie, Rossane and Barbra Bush also
11-13-03 10:43 AM
nankerphelge My stomach hurts...
11-13-03 10:48 AM
TomL Now Nanky you know youd you would love to crouch sniff Rosie. I'll drop you a line tomorrow.
11-13-03 11:45 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
And to think, in a few years some of those girls will be hard up for cash, and sending in polaroids to Beaver Hunt.

gypsy you weren't ever hard up for cash were you?

If by the small chance you were what month and year would that have been?

11-13-03 12:12 PM
Joey " gypsy you weren't ever hard up for cash were you?

If by the small chance you were what month and year would that have been "

You make Joey
11-13-03 01:16 PM
gypsy Thank the good Lord that I have not been that desperate yet. Although, if I were, I'd probably give Gallery's "Girl Next Door" a try before stooping to Hustler's "Beaver Hunt." That would be a last resort.
11-13-03 02:35 PM
Joey " Thank the good Lord that I have not been that desperate yet. Although, if I were, I'd probably give Gallery's "Girl Next Door" a try before stooping to Hustler's "Beaver Hunt." That would be a last resort. "