ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the end is near Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-12-03 05:58 AM
F505 The Dutch newspaper AD quotes Mick Jagger who said the inspiration is gone and that there is never gonna appear a new Stones-album. Also he thinks it is not likely that the band will ever tour again.
I must admit I think he's right. And it is very honest of Mick to say the truth. My last concert was in Vredenburg and I am glad it was a good one. But the Stones as an important album band died 25 years ago with Some Girls.

11-12-03 06:47 AM
Steel Wheels Dude,

What a bogus story. Watch the Today show, watch 4 Flicks.

Good music like this comes from love and passion.

The Rolling Stones ARE!
11-12-03 06:53 AM
egon it's the 'algemeen dagblad'

wouldn't whipe my ass with it.
11-12-03 07:35 AM
marcus aurelianus Somebody called Rank Outsider wrote on IORR forum :

"How did this story reach the papers?

The day after the last show from the Licks tour in Japan, some reporters get an interview with the four Stones members. These guys have just done 117 shows all over the world at the age of 60. The reporter asks Mick: "Mick, are the Stones going to make a new studio album"? Mick thinks to himself, what the **** is this guy asking, I need a fucking break the next months. So he says: "No, I'm without inspiration at the moment. We're not going to do a new studio album". So the reporter brings the news to the world: NO STONES ALBUM, MICK IS UNINSPIRED. Mick is going to get some sleep and rest, because his body is aching everywhere. Just such a load of crap. They need some time."
11-12-03 08:22 AM
Jumacfly marcus welcome back on the board...
je compte les minutes jusqu au 18...
11-12-03 08:52 AM
sammy davis jr. If after watching Flicks you don't think the end is near, your'e dreaming. They may eek out another record, eventually, but these guys don't have it anymore. Time to open the vaults so the real fans can enjoy the real Stones again.
11-12-03 09:20 AM
egon jumy,

Tu sais qui offre le meilleur prix en france?
11-12-03 09:20 AM
SHINE A LIGHT too negative....seems the media , and some fans, TRY to create a stir about the END. they need a break, that's all.
11-12-03 09:46 AM
L&A Hi F505, nice to see you back on the board (even if it's for bad news...). I didn't saw you in Brussels this summer for the Tarl�-exhibition
11-12-03 10:18 AM
Jumacfly Egon, i ve just checked fnac.com but i think virgin will offer the same price...
twice as expensive as the us version, that sucks a lot...may be a Jonnhy Halliday DVD will be less expensive...
11-12-03 01:37 PM
marcus aurelianus Salut Jumacfly !
Je vois que tu es toujours fid�le au poste ..Je prends beaucoup de plaisir � te lire m�me si je ne participe plus depuis longtemps en effet .Fr�quentes-tu d'autres sites que celui-ci ?
Oui , vivement le 18 ...C'est ma principale pr�occupation en ce moment !
11-12-03 01:51 PM
mickchickxxx Noone really knows when the end will be.
11-12-03 01:56 PM
jb I can't believe I agree with SDJr.
11-12-03 01:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah, the end IS ALWAYS near....and it WILL come...but....not today, or tomorrow.....or the day after tomorrow, or next week....Roll on!
11-12-03 03:35 PM
sammy davis jr. Don't be a jerk JB- we've agreed on quite a few things on this board. Hillary Clinton being sexy? Now that's another story......
11-12-03 03:48 PM
Joey " Hillary Clinton being sexy? Now that's another story......"

Hillary Likes " Puss Puss " !!!!

Jacky !

11-12-03 04:06 PM
Gazza >The day after the last show from the Licks tour in Japan

I presume he meant Hong Kong, but when you look at the quote in its proper context he makes a good point. they're knackered and need a break. They do have material in the can however and I think we can expect some studio work in 2004 in time for the next tour which the signs are WILL happen by 2005. No way will they ever go out on the road without a "product" to promote the tour.
11-12-03 04:17 PM
Moonisup that piece of interview was in the wrong context,
the rest was quite honest, about mistakes: in Amsterdam 19-08, keith said that, and some cutting and pasting in the clubshow in Paris, nice read, but that thing of no more tour and album was all over the dutch radio yesterday!
11-12-03 05:26 PM
kahoosier Good God the press has touted each tour as the last tour since what...1975? Most definitely 1981 was seen as the last hurrah; I remember reading reviews about how appropriate and final singing Time Is On My Side was on that tour. The guys are saying everywhere that the end is no where in sight...no one seems fazed by that...but let one reporter take something out of context and all the negative people are blaring horns and shouting it from the roof tops. Reminds me of the homeless guy on the corner with the cardboard sign that says, "Repent, the end is near!"
11-12-03 05:55 PM
scratched It seems a bit of a coincidence that rumours of a final split are announced at EXACTLY the same time as the release of the DVD set. Publicity - they are trying to get the fans to rush out and buy what they want us to believe is their final product. Same old story - will happen next time too methinks.
11-12-03 06:01 PM
glencar I hope they don't just go through the motions. If Mick can't find inspiration, fine. I'll live with the memories.
11-13-03 06:01 AM
marko I think this is load of shit.No matter what dutch or any
other radio says,they DO NOT have inside info.
i think we will see another 10years to go.And allways AFTER
the tour u feel like its over,and it isn�t.
11-13-03 06:18 AM
Moonisup what I already said: they just quote what everybody wants to hear, a lot of people asked me about it, is it true, you know that shit.
11-13-03 06:44 AM
FotiniD I call this the post-tour blues. We might as well copy and paste comments from the endings of previous tours. For me, the only way the Stones are going to be done now, is when one of them dies... Macabre, but hey, I think only death can stop these guys now. Just listen to their interviews, especially Keith and you see that's their point of view as well - not stopping.

Splitting up rumours have been following this band since day one. I always have a laugh watching Mick at the Bridge press conference playing reporter and saying "I got a question i'd like to ask you guys, is this going to be the final tour?" and Keith answering "yeah, this and the next five". So relax guys!
11-13-03 10:22 AM
Joey

Both U2 and THE WHO are gearing up for some mammoth tours next year so I seriously doubt the Stones want to compete with THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sources tell me that Pete and Rog may EVEN go to Japan in 2005 .

Shiver ...........................................................

Developing .....................................

Jacky !

11-13-03 07:29 PM
Jason P. Why must the Rolling Stones continue? Why can't Mick J. admit he and the Stones have "no inspiration"?

The Rolling Stones have been making poor albums for how many years? More than ten years. There are no classics
in their blood. You hear how they play now? It is embarrassing! Going through the motions...much less emotions.
11-13-03 08:16 PM
Some Guy DAMN
11-13-03 10:14 PM
Steel Wheels You all are fired.

I claim the Stones as mine.

They are the best, sound great, 4 Flicks rules, the vaults are so yesterday, bring on some new tunes. If you don't like their current sound, if you haven't enjoyed a live show since who knows when, and you aren't excited as hell over 4 Flicks, just call it a day and retire to whatever else it is you listen to.

God damn, I work all day long and rush out the door at 5 so I can be at one with my DVD set and tongue tee shirt.
11-13-03 10:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
You all are fired.

I claim the Stones as mine.

They are the best, sound great, 4 Flicks rules, the vaults are so yesterday, bring on some new tunes. If you don't like their current sound, if you haven't enjoyed a live show since who knows when, and you aren't excited as hell over 4 Flicks, just call it a day and retire to whatever else it is you listen to.

God damn, I work all day long and rush out the door at 5 so I can be at one with my DVD set and tongue tee shirt.

Clap-Clap-Clap (while standing)!
11-13-03 11:26 PM
Gimme Shelter Right On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Stones will never end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2