ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-11-03 05:43 PM
kahoosier On Rollingstones.com, there is a good-bye and thank you from the band before the Start Me Up Video from Hong Kong. In it Mick says "See ya...next time," and behind him Ronnie assures us " There WILL be a next time!"

At least there is some comfort in that, and with Keith's recent comments about people moaning about their back but not laying fallow, maybe it will be sooner than the 18 months we keep hearing about.

Though I have read a rumour that Ronnie plans on gping on the road with Rod in Feb.
11-11-03 06:08 PM
nankerphelge I'm convinced we'll all be on the road again real soon!

And I'm pretty pumped about that because there is always a new crop of ROers to meet, drink and smoke with.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the DVD, hope and pray for some new tuneage, and keep the bowl lit!!

I love you guys!

11-11-03 06:12 PM
Miss U. Damn straight!!
11-11-03 06:13 PM
Joey " And I'm pretty pumped about that because there is always a new crop of ROers to meet, drink and smoke with.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the DVD, hope and pray for some new tuneage, and keep the bowl lit!!

I love you guys! "

Nanky ............................

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your warm , moist , glistening , sweaty young Nanky forehead and just say THANKS ! for being ....................well ?!?! ................YOU !!!!

You are much loved by the Jacky and I look forward to partying with you soon in Denver .

For My Baby : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !

11-11-03 06:17 PM
glencar I can't wait to see "That's How Strong My Love Is" at a concert. What a performance! I love you guys!
11-11-03 06:17 PM
nankerphelge RIO!!!

That's the next stop!

I will quit my job, and leave my wife, and sell the children to science, and shoot the dog, and sell my car, and spend every last dollar I have to see the Stones in Rio!!

MUST GO TO RIO!!!
11-11-03 06:19 PM
glencar Is RIO that expensive? I think Joshy ought to furnish us with a jet & buy up a floor for the week.
11-11-03 06:20 PM
Miss U. May we all clutch our bosoms....I mean, clutch each other to your bosom, I mean have a group bosom-clutching...wha?? Where's the bosom-pincher
11-11-03 06:23 PM
glencar Bosm-pincher? Ain't that "Shine A Light"?
11-11-03 06:26 PM
Miss U. I think SAL is female...maybe she/he can shed some light on this matter.
11-11-03 06:30 PM
glencar She's an aggressive female then.
11-11-03 06:40 PM
fmk438j If they play South America in early 2005, this would be perfect for me.

See ya'll there
11-11-03 06:45 PM
T&A you know what - call it heresy, but I think for a change-of-pace, I think I'd rather seeing a Rod/Ronnie show in 2004 - I can wait a year for the Stones...
11-11-03 07:04 PM
LadyJane "There will be a next time" will now be my new mantra. In fact, I'm adding it to my tag line!!

My only regret of this tour is that I did not get to meet and party with more of you. That WILL change.

Here's to all of us....and the Stones!!!

LJ.
11-11-03 07:30 PM
littleredrooster Yeah!...... on the Rod and Ronny show in 2004!!!

If the Stones wait until 2005 maybe they can forget the Licks setlists and treat us to some new old stuff!!!

Come to think of it, they have probably already forgotten the Licks setlists!

Dump Chuck in 2005, Ronnie !!!!!!
11-11-03 08:30 PM
Martha This thread just made me feel a whole hell of a lot better......\
Hell YES....let's do the Roostah with Ronnie and Rod in early 2004....ABSOLUTELY...and then.....on to more STONES, STONES>>>>>STONES!!!!!!

Cock-a-doodle-DOO!

Nanky I don't have any kids to sell off to science and I am now hell bent on joining you for this trip to Rio. So, help me out will ya'? Do you think I can borrow my neighbors kids? I think they could bring a pretty penny as specimens to conduct a scientific study on. Afterall, they stay in that garage and breath all kinds of god knows what; fuels and gases and compounds and they take prescription speed to boot! I can't imagine what goes on in that grey matter after years of that madness!

I bet I can prolly get enough $$$$ (bling getting bling blang) for the trip and then I'll even pitch in for you. Tell me if you think it's a go.
11-12-03 09:46 AM
nankerphelge Oh definitely -- use the neighbor's kids!!

All them inhalants -- hell, scientists will be tripping over themselves to check 'em out! You know how difficult it is to find a young'n with severe brain disorders (not counting our young boy Joey)!!

I've been feeding my kids lotsa foreign beef -- brains with mad cow disease fetch big bucks.

First class tix to Rio baby!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
11-12-03 10:37 AM
Joey " I will quit my job, and leave my wife, and sell the children to science, and shoot the dog, and sell my car, and spend every last dollar I have to see the Stones in Rio!! "

Nanky ........................you make Joey laugh like Hell .

Let's see , shall I go to RIO too ....................?

...........or spend the money on the Tardrite 2004 instead ????????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Gotta go with the Tardrite .

For Baby : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !

11-12-03 11:55 AM
Martha Nanky...You, my Stonesian friend, are a Super GENIUS!

Now I just got to trick those boys to getting the vehicle and I'm headed to RIO..with extra money for T-shirts, chiba and tour Programs!!!! YooHoo!
11-12-03 12:14 PM
scratched Rod 'n Ron:

Will this be the long awaited Faces reunion or is it just those two guys? It will be good anyway. Are they doing any new material?
11-12-03 12:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
First class tix to Rio baby!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]

Yes. Must go to Rio, first class or not.
11-12-03 12:37 PM
LadyJane Oh hell...let's pull out all the stops. Private Jet with Rocks Off painted on the side!!

I can see it now...plush seating...all the chiba you can smoke...all the alcohol/beer you can drink....Stones blasting over the loud speakers.

As our Joey would say..........developing.................

LJ.
11-12-03 12:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I can see it now...plush seating...all the chiba you can smoke...all the alcohol/beer you can drink....Stones blasting over the loud speakers.

well the beer and alcohol is fine but chiba I believe was still illegal last I checked. As a law abiding citizen, I cannot condone it. But I'm not sure about the laws in international airspace........
11-12-03 12:53 PM
LadyJane TTM--EVERYTHING is legal on the RO jet!!!

LJ.
11-12-03 12:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
TTM--EVERYTHING is legal on the RO jet!!!

LJ.

Really, even oral sex, which is STILL illegal in some States.
11-12-03 01:06 PM
LadyJane I did say EVERYTHING!!!

And in answer to your next question...yes there will be private compartments on the plane for ya know...TURBULANCE!!

LJ.
11-12-03 01:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I did say EVERYTHING!!!

And in answer to your next question...yes there will be private compartments on the plane for ya know...TURBULANCE!!

That wasn't my next question. All kidding aside though you do OWE it to yourself to go to Rio at least once. If the Rolling Stones are there all the better. But "mankind" has not perfected partying like Rio during Carnaval.
11-12-03 01:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

But "mankind" has not perfected partying like Rio during Carnaval.

(Except maybe those very rare occasions when the Patriots beat the Dolphins in Miami.)
11-12-03 01:27 PM
nankerphelge That's exactly what I'm talkin' about!

That is a party that cannot be missed.

CANNOT!!!

And I like the private jet thingy -- wonder how much a charter would cost?

Hmmmmmmmm..........
11-12-03 01:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
.... I like the private jet thingy -- wonder how much a charter would cost?

Hmmmmmmmm..........

Funny. I was "seriously" thinking about that about 5 years ago. I'd bet it's "do-able". Chartering a bus would be real cheap but it would take a month to make it down and back.
Page: 1 2