ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thanks to all the Veterans Return to archive
11-11-03 03:47 PM
jb AS the son of a WW2 veteran, I wish to thank all the brave men and woman who have served our country to protect our freedom. They make the ultimate sacrifice and I have the utmost respect for them. No matter what your politics, these brave young men and woman, who are dying as we speak, deserve our support and love.
11-11-03 03:52 PM
Joey As the son of a Korean War veteran, I wish to thank all the brave men and woman who have served our country to protect our freedom. They make the ultimate sacrifice and I have the utmost respect for them. No matter what your politics, these brave young men and woman, who are dying as we speak, deserve our support and love.

-- Thank You

Jacky Jr.

11-11-03 04:02 PM
glencar Well-said, gents! Thank you to all our veterans!
11-11-03 04:03 PM
Some Guy Salute
11-11-03 04:04 PM
nankerphelge Yes -- well said jb.
My dad is a WWII vet too -- Iwo Jima!!
11-11-03 04:23 PM
Joey

I personally fought in the Vietnam ( circa '67 - '73 ) .

...........Oh , and then was stationed ( albeit willingly ) in the " Russian Roulette " parlors of Saigon after that ( circa '73 - '75 ) .

Joey Cong !
11-11-03 04:57 PM
Gazza >AS the son of a WW2 veteran, I wish to thank all the brave men and woman who have served our country to protect our freedom. They make the ultimate sacrifice and I have the utmost respect for them.

Yours and ours too.
11-11-03 05:10 PM
glencar Gazza, do European countries celebrate still? I assumed they did but just wondering.
11-11-03 06:02 PM
Gazza we most certainly do!! if anything,its become even more a big deal in the last few years

considering the first world war was almost exclusively fought in and around Belgium and France, its still a big event in Europe as well as the commemorations for WW2 and other subsequent conflicts. We call it "Remembrance Day" though, although I think in France and other countries its "Armistice Day".

11-11-03 06:03 PM
glencar Thanks for the info. With the recent military action, the day has taken on added importance. Restoring it to its actual date was a good step. It used to be a "bank holiday" so we could get a 3 day weekend.
11-11-03 06:17 PM
stonedinaustralia while i'm a bit hesitant to bask in the reflected glory of my forebears i'd add that my maternal-grandfather was a "fair dinkum" ANZAC and fought on the beaches of Gallipoli in WWI - later he also saw action in the middle east around palestine/jerusalem way
11-11-03 06:20 PM
nankerphelge What does fair dinkum mean?

Has that "hung averagely" feel about it.
11-11-03 06:29 PM
stonedinaustralia nanker - the origins of the phrase are a bit obscure - tho it's generally held to have originated in australain gold fields in the mid 1800's - it means "genuine" or to use a legal phrase "bona fide"

how are you anyway??...ok i trust
11-11-03 06:31 PM
glencar ANZAC? Australia, New Zealand,...Air/Army Corps?
11-11-03 06:51 PM
stonedinaustralia that's it glencar... Army Corps
11-11-03 06:52 PM
glencar LOL I kind of worked it out as I was asking the question. Good on your ancestor!
11-11-03 08:37 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i prayed to my father today....he was the best ever. and he fought for our freedom. thanks to all the vets.
11-11-03 08:58 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
We call it "Remembrance Day" though, although I think in France and other countries its "Armistice Day".

"Remembrance Day", too, here in Canada.
11-12-03 06:14 AM
egon glen,

fyi;
we had a holiday here yesterday (11 nov) because of the ending of WW 1.

krgds
11-12-03 08:54 AM
sirmoonie God bless all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who saved the entire world from the menance of Germany.

And here's hoping that Mr. Schwarzenegger and the scumbags who supported him had a particularly bad day yesterday.
11-12-03 10:43 AM
nankerphelge Thanks for the info SIA.

We have a restaurant chain here in the US called Outback Steakhouse. Don't know if you have them there.

Outback's menu has all sorts of Aussie names in it -- Alice Springs Chicken, etc.

"fair dinkum" is used too, and I was always curious what it meant.

I'm doing okay.
11-12-03 10:46 AM
Joey

" I'm doing okay. "

You're OK !!!!! I'm OK !!!!!!

Gonna have a bottle of " Liberty School " tonight ....................................and you ?!?!?!?!