ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Winterland, San Francisco - June 6th, 1972, 1st show
Thanks Stoneslib

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith to make cameo appearance with Whoopi Return to archive
11-06-03 11:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl KEITH RICHARDS + PHIL COLLINS CAMEO IN WHOOPI

Veteran rockers KEITH RICHARDS and PHIL COLLINS are to make cameo appearances in a new episode of hit sitcom WHOOPI.

The episode - which airs on American TV next week (ends14NOV03) - sees Collins and THE ROLLING STONES guitarist pay tribute to WHOOPI GOLDBERG's character MAVIS.

Their praises are heard on a fictional television tribute called ABOUT THE MUSIC, aired after former singer Mavis is accidentally arrested for shoplifting and placed in jail.
06/11/2003 17:02

November 6, 2003 -- ROCKERS, Keith Richards and Phil Collins will briefly appear in next week's episode of "Whoopi."

In the episode, Mavis (Whoopi Goldberg) finds herself in the media spotlight after "mistakenly" shoplifting and landing in jail. Mavis, a faded singer who runs a New York City hotel, is profiled on a TV special called "About the Music" where Richards and Collins offer testimonials about her life and brief music career.
11-06-03 11:38 PM
sammy davis jr. Good god.....what next, Friends?
11-07-03 06:36 AM
egon didn't jagger do something similar in "the ruthles"?
11-07-03 09:15 AM
SHINE A LIGHT jagger did the theme song to "ruthless", i don't know if he was in it. but, he did do a bit in bette middler's version of some song....not sure which one, i think "beast of burden"......could be wrong about the song.
11-07-03 09:30 AM
egon no i mean the film the ruthless (?), about a band very similmar to the beatles.

it's a comedy by eric idle (monthy p)
11-07-03 09:32 AM
egon the ruttles, that's it!
11-07-03 10:38 AM
Factory Girl Keith a guest on a sit-com? Why waste it??
11-07-03 10:43 AM
parmeda Hey FG...a Depp update!

November 7, 2003
BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Ozzy musings . . .
Kelly Osbourne has told the Brit press she wants actor Johnny Depp to play her father, Ozzy, in a movie based on her rocker dad's wild life. She nixed actor Colin Farrell because Depp was so "hot." Betcha Depp wouldn't want to encounter Kelly in a dark room.
11-07-03 01:54 PM
Factory Girl Thank you my dear Parmeda! Yes, Johnny is a hotty! I think he'd do Ozzy nicely.

Could you also please post a pic of Jules Casablancas? TIA!

Btw, when is that Whoopi/Keith episode airing???
11-07-03 02:14 PM
jb As pointed out on another board, "the downward spiral continues".
11-07-03 03:45 PM
parmeda For you, FG...

11-07-03 03:55 PM
Factory Girl I love you parmy!!

I think Jules is yummy!

11-08-03 12:58 AM
glencar I'll watch the "Whoopy" show for the first, last & only time. I shudder to think...
11-08-03 09:20 PM
Steel Wheels If there's ever a reason to watch a network sitcom, this is it!
11-09-03 08:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT oh the ruttles!!!! i thought mick AND bianca were quite good in that!!!! so was ronnie wood and goerge harrison!!!!
11-09-03 09:39 PM
Highwire Rob I'm beginning to think Whoopi is a die-hard Stones fan. Does anyone know for certain?

Remember she did that 80s (early 90s?) movie Jumping Jack Flash in which she was some kind of cat burglar. I got to believe she has something to do with getting her producer to approach Keith.

Come on guys... I think it will be a lot of fun
11-10-03 02:35 AM
glencar Yes, she is a diehard fan. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
11-10-03 11:18 AM
SHINE A LIGHT here's my public confession....i'm TAPING the whoopi thing,just for the man himself!!!!!!!
11-10-03 11:43 AM
Joey

Who is " Whoopi " ?

Developing ...............................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards "

Skee !
11-10-03 06:35 PM
glencar I saw a teaser for this on last night's LA Law, er, Law & Order:CI. Keith is on a TV screen attesting to Whoopie's coolness. This could actually be kind of funny.
11-11-03 02:27 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
glencar wrote:
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Sorry, you lost me there, how does that relate to Whoopi?
11-11-03 05:15 AM
egon
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Remember she did that 80s (early 90s?) movie Jumping Jack Flash in which she was some kind of cat burglar. I got to believe she has something to do with getting her producer to approach Keith.

yeah, keef did JJF with areatha frankin for the soundtrack
11-11-03 10:04 AM
glencar Rob, it just means that just because Whoopy is a Stones fan doesn't mean much. A clock that's stopped on 12:15 will be correct twice during the day. It doesn't mean it's any good.
11-11-03 08:43 PM
SHINE A LIGHT here's the whoopi report....it was funny!! many social issues raised, the crap the "famous" must put up with, and keith was great....cute, funny and engaging!!!
i don't think doing this show was a mistake for keith. in fact, the show really made a point about bad publicity!!!!
11-12-03 02:19 AM
mickchickxxx Mark and I went out and we missed Whoopi. It sounds good though!
11-12-03 10:59 AM
telecaster During a commercial from the "Andy Griffith Show" reunion I happened to catch Keith on Whoppi

Keith was on about 1/10th of a second and thank God as that show blows

Damn Floyd the barber and Otis the drunk were two of the greatest characters in TV history

11-12-03 11:46 AM
Factory Girl Whoopi is an AWFUL show. I watched the Keith episode, and it was still awful.

"Cancel me, Ronnie"
11-12-03 06:39 PM
glencar Wow, does that show blow! As for social issues being raised, one would have to be pretty stoopit to even consider that the show did that. I hope Keith reconsiders ever doing this sort of thing again.
11-12-03 07:11 PM
LadyJane
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Damn Floyd the barber and Otis the drunk were two of the greatest characters in TV history

Dammit! I was so psyched about 4 Flicks I forgot to tape the "Walk down Mayberry Lane"!!

And let's not forget the great Ernest T.

Hmmm....these sound like characters from our own ranks!!

LJ