ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Coming Down Again after all these tours means..... Return to archive
November 12th, 2005 07:48 PM
Flashpoint that Keith doesn't like it at all?
He repeated a lot other ballads on different tours...he may always choose the same rockers cause they aren't too many but from all the ballads this one never appears not even in the rehearsals....
November 12th, 2005 08:48 PM
the good They want the audience to at least stay awake during Keith's set.
November 12th, 2005 09:30 PM
keithriffhard what are you talking about? that song's amazing, they could totally do some awesome improv with the saxophone and keyboards on that. That'd be sweet live. PLAY IT AT SLC 11/22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 13th, 2005 12:03 PM
lotsajizz it's not a very good song from an album that contains some horrific material ('Can You Hear The Music', '100 Years Ago') 'Criss Cross' and 'Drift Away' in their place would've boosted the album greatly
November 13th, 2005 09:41 PM
keithriffhard wow, what is this? utter contempt for Goat's Head soup? I found that particular album to be one of my favorites actually, one of their most listenable albums for me. it's so melodically driven. great album!
November 13th, 2005 09:54 PM
Soldatti
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it's not a very good song from an album that contains some horrific material..............'100 Years Ago'

What?
It's a fucking great song!
November 13th, 2005 09:55 PM
glencar It'd be hard for anyone to sing the praises of Can You Hear The music but I do like 100 Years Ago & Coming Down Again. I'd love to see Keith's set done away with & 2 or 3 more songs by Mick.
November 13th, 2005 10:24 PM
the good Goats head poop!
November 14th, 2005 02:17 AM
Child of the Moon I'll always stand by Goat's Head Soup. The only songs I can bring myself to skip on a regular basis are Hide Yer Love and Silver Train. The rest are great, especially Winter, Coming Down Again, and 100 Years Ago.

I long for the day that Keith plays Coming Down again. Maybe he's just forgotten it, like he did Thru and Thru. It'll take another episode of The Sopranos to bring ti back to him.
November 14th, 2005 12:35 PM
Quarter Tone There's a great version of 100 years Ago from the 73 tour with Mick Taylor playing some amazing guitar licks. Can You Hear the Music is a lot more interesting then most of Bigger Bang. And I'd LOVE to hear Coming Down Again. Been on my wish list for ever.
November 14th, 2005 12:36 PM
Quarter Tone There's a great version of 100 years Ago from the 73 tour with Mick Taylor playing some amazing guitar licks. Can You Hear the Music is a lot more interesting then most of Bigger Bang. And I'd LOVE to hear Coming Down Again. Been on my wish list for ever.
November 14th, 2005 01:16 PM
glencar Can You Hear The Music is one of their dullest songs ever.
November 14th, 2005 01:49 PM
lotsajizz absolutely the worst lyrics Mick has EVER written
November 14th, 2005 05:18 PM
the good I love Angie, dancin with Mr D, and Starfucker. The rest of the songs are just lame, and they don't even sound like the Stones to me.
November 14th, 2005 06:20 PM
CraigP I'd like to say that we got "Sway". That is a treat in a sense. "100 Years Ago" would be great also... I like "coming down again" but it is a studio song and should probably stay that way. When i listen to it when I'm high, I start to come down and get a bit mellancollie. Most of the people attending a Stones concert are high and it would be a drag, simply... I love the washboard in the studio version! What a trip it was when I first heard it. I thought it was an error (like an added echo) in the mp3 it was on.
Peace all!!!
November 14th, 2005 06:30 PM
Soldatti Heartbreaker it's my favorite from the whole record.
November 15th, 2005 05:32 AM
corgi37 I love the album, but it really pales against Exile. Heartbreaker, 100 year ago, dancing with Mr. D, Hide your love and Winter are excellant. Winter maybe the best ballad/lyrics ever!

Angie i never liked, and still dont, except when i'm pissed and try to get a root off my ex-girlfriend Jayne. I go "Jayne-y. Jaaaaaaaaayne-y". Never works though.

Can you hear the music should have been on Satanic Majesties. Silver Train is just 1 big mess, but has its charm if i am in the mood to play either drums or guitar to it.

Coming down again, to be frank, it dullsville.

Starfucker is, eh, pretty dull too. If it wasnt for the lyrics, it'd be a waste of space. But, cool to be naughty, aint it?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)