ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan to release download single Return to archive
November 11th, 2005 09:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bob Dylan to release download single
NME.com
Three rare 60s recordings to be made available

Bob Dylan is set to release a download only single.

Having seen his song 'Love Sick' recently find its way into the White Stripes' Hammersmith Apollo set (November 6), the influential troubadour is making three previously unreleased recordings available.

The new versions were considered for inclusion for the soundtrack of the recent Martin Scorsese documentary 'No Direction Home', and will now be released via legal download services from November 14.

The three tracks are:

'Baby Please Don't Go' - Recorded on 25th April, 1962
'Mr. Tambourine Man' - Recorded on 26th July-64
'Outlaw Blues' - recorded on 16th January 1965

'Baby Please Don't Go', a Big Joe Turner cover, was recorded during the sessions for 'The Freewheelin Bob Dylan', 'Mr Tambourine Man' is from the 1963 Newport Folk Festival, while 'Outlaw Blues' from the 'Bringing It All Back Home' sessions features an extra verse.

Meanwhile Dylan begins a sold UK tour next week, kicking off at Nottingham Area on November 15.
November 11th, 2005 09:57 PM
Gazza Thanks...looks like I'll have to invest in a download single for the first time ever!
November 11th, 2005 10:11 PM
GimmeExile Thanks, TTM!

How come no one 'round here is posting about Dylan's current Eurotour? Last year there were numerous posts tracking his tour.
November 12th, 2005 03:55 AM
Ronnie Richards Bob Dylan - a great songwriter and a shrewd businessman...
November 12th, 2005 04:54 AM
wisertime
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Thanks, TTM!

How come no one 'round here is posting about Dylan's current Eurotour? Last year there were numerous posts tracking his tour.

Maybe because his guitarists are not very good
I saw him in Rotterdam and Brussels a few days ago, Rotterdam wasn't a great show IMO, why ?? because Dennie Freeman played all the guitar solos and that ruined the songs !!! He played in a jazzy style.

But.. :

Brussels show was FAR better, Dylan's voice was in great shape and Dennie Freeman played a different guitar than in Rotterdam, a stratocaster I think and shared the solos with Stu Kimball (the other guitarist).

I've listened to Hamburg and Berlin - 24 & 25th October -recordings and I really think it's the best shows of the year, really.

So don't worry, the tour is getting better and better and as usual the late year shows are the best.
I wish I could attend a few UK shows.
November 12th, 2005 06:15 AM
corgi37 What are the chances Dylan will play the Superbowl and have a song on Days of our Lives?
November 12th, 2005 06:28 AM
wisertime
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What are the chances Dylan will play the Superbowl and have a song on Days of our Lives?

What is "Days of our lives" ?
November 12th, 2005 09:50 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks...looks like I'll have to invest in a download single for the first time ever!

HOLY CRAP! Can I get a copy from you Gary...I'll send you whatever you need......please please PLEASE!

xxxxxoooooo,
Martha
November 12th, 2005 09:56 AM
Martha
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What are the chances Dylan will play the Superbowl and have a song on Days of our Lives?

Do NOT set me off. Not on the subject of Bob. My Dad just died suddenly last week of a heart attack and it is Bob's music that helps me deal with my ongoing grief.

I do not want Bob trashed by anyone on this board out of respect.

Non-meanspirited jokes are cool though. The ones that Bob would find funny.

Thank you very kindly.

with peace and love,
Martha
November 12th, 2005 04:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

None. He has taste
November 13th, 2005 11:54 PM
SomeLocalLoser i have the 3 songs in mp3 form, i'd be glad to post 'em up for you folks...?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)