ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Petco Park, San Diego - November 11 - setlist, pix, review and WEBCAMERA! Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 11th, 2005 09:20 PM
Pako Gertte Pako be partying cos he be watching the venue with a webcamera

SAN DIEGO WEBCAMERA FOR THE SHOW

No sound but I no care about no listening cos I be dumb and deaf

You can do zoom in and out and watch jagger's ass
November 11th, 2005 11:09 PM
Poplar
cool. right now is one of the best parts.
waiting for the lights to dim, the ju-ju bead music, keith's guitar.
November 12th, 2005 12:18 AM
LadyJane I stayed up late..checking in....looks like the usual stadium list thus far.........

SMU
YGMR
SSC
TD

Bet those that are there, though, are loving every second of it.

LJ
November 12th, 2005 12:18 AM
Pako Gertte From shidoobee

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
November 12th, 2005 12:20 AM
Pako Gertte I eat ladyjanes we posted da same time I love ladyjanes too
November 12th, 2005 12:35 AM
time is on my side It seems they're repeating the Hollywood Bowl show!! This at a stadium show.

IT WON'T TAKE LONG

AS TEARS GO BY

Already has the makings of a great setlist

November 12th, 2005 12:38 AM
time is on my side IT WON'T TAKE LONG
AS TEARS GO BY
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER

Man, I wish I was at this show!!!

[Edited by time is on my side]
November 12th, 2005 12:44 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Pako Gertte wrote:
I eat ladyjanes we posted da same time I love ladyjanes too

I trust you meant to say you BEAT LadyJane.

ATGB, MR and "OUR ANTHEM" Rocks Off.

Where are all my RO friends right now?? Sleeping?? Out Drinkin?? Wherever you are, I'm toasting all of you!!!!!

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
November 12th, 2005 01:01 AM
time is on my side ROCKS OFF!!!

Great, great setlist so far!!!
November 12th, 2005 01:17 AM
Poplar HA - the webcam just caught the moving stage!

update - they've reached "B"
[Edited by Poplar]
November 12th, 2005 01:19 AM
LadyJane Has RO been played yet this Tour???

Once or twice maybe???

Excuse my ignorance...I'm pretty buzzed.

LJ.

November 12th, 2005 02:13 AM
time is on my side Nice setlist- seems like they've been shaking things up a bit since they've moved out west.

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No Not You Again
6. It Wont Take Long
7. As Tears Go By
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Rocks Off
10. Night Time
11. Slipping Away (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You (move to the B-stage)
14. Rough Justice (B-stage)
15. Get Off Of My Cloud (B-stage)
16. Honky Tonk Women (back to main stage)
17. Sympathy
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash

Encore:

20. You Can't Always Get What You Want
21. Satisfaction...

November 12th, 2005 02:21 AM
ShaneJazz That is yet another fantastic setlist! Man, how I love Midnight Rambler.....How does It Won't Take Long sound live, for those that have heard it?
November 12th, 2005 04:18 AM
stoneslib Wow, that was a great show at Petco - backstage at the Rattlesnake (thanks O), great set list (esp. Tears, Rambler, RO), and surging to the rail at the front of B-stage. Gotta sleep now, so here are two pics from the B:

More in the morning...
[Edited by stoneslib]
November 12th, 2005 04:53 AM
mac_daddy great pics, stoneslib!!!

ii just got hom, too. solid show, but my leaast favorite of the week. i had a sh*t ticket but walked past the wristband checker, and stood on the floor the whole time - near the soundboard (i started closer, but was getting shuffled around ). was not twenty feet from the bstage on ronnie's side, so that was the highlight for me. too bad they cant do something about the delay (sound) - i never noticed until tonight, where i was standing farther back from the main stage...

wont take long was good, rambler was sweet, rocks off is always a treat, bstage, i always like shes so cold...

a very solid show, and well worth the trip.

still contemplating fresno...
November 12th, 2005 05:43 AM
corgi37 That camera near the stadium is cool. Pity the time delay though. I am watching the stage being dismantled. Well, er, i was.
November 12th, 2005 08:01 AM
charlotte The Rolling Stones at Petco Park

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/rollingstones2005?page=1

Stones stage classic show

Rockers bring new energy to old songs, creating magical night

By George Varga
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

November 12, 2005

Petco hits home run as a concert venue, say rock 'n' rollers

The skies stayed clear and dry, but that didn't stop the Rolling Stones from stirring up a heady, music-fueled storm at Petco Park last night.
Appearing before a near-capacity audience of 43,000 under a moonlit sky, the English superstars delivered a thundering, two-hour performance. They began with "Start Me Up" and concluded with encores of the gospel-tinged "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and a stadium-shaking "Satisfaction," with a generous array of other old favorites and some winning new songs in between.

JIM BAIRD / Union-Tribune
Last night's Rolling Stones concert in Petco Park as seen from the Omni Hotel downtown. The first nonsporting event at the Padres ballpark played out under clear skies and before 43,000 fans.

PHOTO GALLERY
The result was a triumph for the group, whose "World's Greatest Rock Band" moniker still seems well-earned, and for Petco itself, which was hosting its first concert in its two-year history and generally came through with flying colors. The sound quality was exemplary for a stadium concert, and the giant video screen at the center of the stage afforded fans in even the most distant seats a clear view.
"It's great to be here because this is the first show you've ever had in Petco Park. This is virgin territory," lead singer Mick Jagger told the crowd between the band's third and fourth selections, the hard-rocking "She's So Cold" and the rollicking "Tumbling Dice."

This was the Stones' first area performance since a late 2002 show at what was then the San Diego Sports Arena, and their first stadium concert here since a memorable, rain-soaked gig at Qualcomm Stadium in early 1998.

Though not quite as unforgettable as that electrifying show in a downpour of rain, it was still a night to remember. Rather than coast on automatic pilot or simply stroll down memory lane, Jagger and company acted very much like a band that wants to be judged on the quality of its current concert performance and latest album, the aptly titled "A Bigger Bang," and not just on its storied past.

EARNIE GRAFTON / Union-Tribune
Monitor showing singer Mick Jagger towered over the fans. The stage stood nine stories.
Now in their 43rd year as a performing unit, the Stones are the undisputed elder statesmen of rock 'n' roll. That's assuming, of course, that the term "statesman" can be applied to guitarist Keith Richards, 61, a man whose swaggering demeanor, tousled hair and chain-accented stage attire are at marked odds with the urbane appearance of gray-haired Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 64.
Prior to his riveting, mid-concert vocal showcase of "Slipping Away" and "Infamy," Richards playfully addressed the audience.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen – you have to say that," he said. "I don't know whether you are or not. I don't give a damn. That's your problem."

Yet, while not all of the Stones' members may be aging as gracefully as some of their peers, they combine decades of craft and experience with a youthful, garage-band fervor that sets them apart from anyone else in rock.

It is this combination of poise and finesse with rough and tumble spunk that helped make their Petco concert a winner. That, and one of the richest repertoires any band could ever hope to have.

With Jagger – still hyperactive and improbably skinny at 62 – providing the vocal and visual focal point, the Stones found their groove almost from the outset. They delivered "Start Me Up" in an unhurried manner, in contrast with the too-fast-for-comfort version in their Tuesday night show at the Hollywood Bowl.

The band also benefited greatly from the solid support of its one-woman, six-man supporting group, in particular singer Lisa Fischer, who delivered some sizzling, Tina Turner-esque wails during an impassioned version of Ray Charles' "(Night Time Is) The Right Time."

As with any Stones performance, there was a compelling moment in which the concert passed from being merely very, very good into something that approached magic. Last night it came with the band's eighth selection, "Midnight Rambler."

The longest number of the night at 12 minutes, it allowed the group to flex its instrumental muscles as Jagger blew some mean harmonica and Richards and fellow guitarist Ron Wood, the band's youngest member at 58, traded slashing riffs with infectious enthusiasm.

From there, the Stones soared higher and higher, as they ripped through "Rocks Off," "Miss You," "Sympathy for the Devil," "Get Off My Cloud," a revamped "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and more. New songs, such as "Rough Justice," "Oh No Not You Again" and "It Won't Take Long," were delivered with equal fire and commitment. It was a welcome indication that – even if this is their final tour (as some music industry veterans are predicting) – the Stones want to go out with a bang, not a whimper.

Classics that the band first recorded as many as 40 years ago were delivered with so much energy and excitement that they took on new life, as Jagger strutted to and fro, and the band dug deep to find new dimensions in songs that many in the audience sang along with, word for word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Varga: (619) 293-2253; [email protected].
Find this article at:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20051112-9999-7m12stones.html

[Edited by charlotte]
November 12th, 2005 11:15 AM
mac_daddy thanks rick...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 12th, 2005 02:04 PM
charlotte

November 12th, 2005 07:17 PM
Pako Gertte
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I trust you meant to say you BEAT LadyJane.

first beat den eat I no cook
November 12th, 2005 09:43 PM
SomeLocalLoser what a show this was...midnight rambler (especially mick's harmonica playing) was INSANE
November 12th, 2005 10:38 PM
stoneslib The best of the rest from the B-stage. Enjoy.

-- Harold

November 12th, 2005 10:40 PM
mac_daddy fabulous!
November 12th, 2005 11:19 PM
LadyJane O
M
G

Harold.......these are GREAT!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

LJ.
November 13th, 2005 12:40 AM
stoneslib Thanks for the kind words!

One more...

[Edited by stoneslib]
November 13th, 2005 07:54 AM
luxury1 Very nice!
Are Mick's pants getting tighter?
November 13th, 2005 11:24 AM
PartyDoll MEG Stoneslib- thank you Thank You, THANK YOU!! Most delicious photos!!!
November 14th, 2005 02:17 AM
FotiniD EXCELLENT photos. Harold, what's your job? Maybe you should reconsider and become a rock 'n' roll photographer, along with Throbby

Thanks a lot!
November 14th, 2005 03:09 AM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
EXCELLENT photos. Harold, what's your job? Maybe you should reconsider and become a rock 'n' roll photographer, along with Throbby

Thanks a lot!

I completely agree. Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the fan photos are a LOT better than the professional photographers' photos of this tour?
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photos with us!
November 14th, 2005 07:29 AM
corgi37 Loved the reviews, and those pix are awesome!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)