ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Social Distortion played Under My Thumb last night! Return to archive
November 11th, 2005 12:50 PM
monkey_man Social D played a kick ass version of "Under My Thumb" last night at the Fillmore! She Rat you are in for a great show on Tues!
November 11th, 2005 03:43 PM
Gimme Shelter I saw Social D twice on their current tour and they played "Under My Thumb" both times. When I saw them in Davis, Calif. they led into it with the beginning of Gimme Shelter. It was very cool.
November 11th, 2005 04:12 PM
Vinyl kills Wow, I would of loved to hear that.
November 11th, 2005 05:22 PM
ziggypayne Then get White Heat, White Light, White Trash, as it's a hidden track on there. Or you could get their Mainliner album, as an earlier version is on there.

Social Distortion has been covering Under My Thumb, and Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire for years now. Both are basically standards in their repetoir.

Another Stones cover they've recorded was Backstreet Girl, on their Prison Bound album. Good stuff.
November 11th, 2005 05:25 PM
monkey_man They ripped on Ring of Fire last night too!
November 11th, 2005 06:20 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
Then get White Heat, White Light, White Trash, as it's a hidden track on there. Or you could get their Mainliner album, as an earlier version is on there.

Social Distortion has been covering Under My Thumb, and Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire for years now. Both are basically standards in their repetoir.

Another Stones cover they've recorded was Backstreet Girl, on their Prison Bound album. Good stuff.

Already have it and love it. I was referring to the GIMME SHELTER intro.

I have an old boot of theirs (around 84-85) where they do UNDER MY THUMB and he introduces it as UNDER MY COCK! Haha...
November 11th, 2005 08:03 PM
SheRat Thanks for the heads-up. M_M.

I'll probably be busy playing cheerleader in the poster room, but I'll be wandering back and forth. I'll keep my ears open in partickler for that bass line.
November 11th, 2005 09:45 PM
JuanTCB Social D is still out there? Wow! Good news as I thought they'd called it quits after Dennis died.

I recently saw the live clip of "Mommy's Little Monster" from Another State Of Mind for the first time in literally 20 years - what an amazing performance.
November 13th, 2005 05:26 AM
prism There was a Social Distortion song played before the Stones show at Anaheim, also a Clash song and I Put A Spell On You.
November 13th, 2005 09:15 AM
padre Wow, I really dig Mike Ness! Any chance for a mp3 of Under My Thumb? I'd really like to hear that one.
November 13th, 2005 11:44 PM
Taptrick
Social D also play UMT at Street Scene in San Dioego in 05. They also took entered the stage as a Stone song was played over the speakers. It was a rarity from Rocks Off but I can't think of it right now...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)