ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most arrogant Ego-maniacs in Rock n Roll Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 10th, 2005 09:42 AM
Moonisup
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
MATT CLIFFORD

without question!

[Edited by Moonisup]
November 10th, 2005 10:48 AM
gimmekeef 10,000....your thread should have been stopped the minute you included Mariah Carey in a rock & roll list.....But any list of this sort must include the one and only Flaming Sir Elton!
November 10th, 2005 11:00 AM
The_Worst I love Guns 'N Roses but Axl Rose wins hand down. It's not even a contest!!!
November 10th, 2005 12:13 PM
IanBillen
Bono for sure is one of them. All he is is ego and arrogance. He has no change in his voice period. Sure it is a good voice with good range but it is one tone always, every song, every album.

The guy wants to be Jim Morrison so bad it's not funny anymore.
Also he needs to make up his mind on whether he wants to be a music star or politician/ human rights/peace activist.

Always was, VERY VERY overated singer and band.

Fuck him.

Ian
November 10th, 2005 12:21 PM
rolling who Courtney Love
Diana Ross
Pat Benatar
Cher
Madonna
Salt
Pepa
Stevie Nicks
Queen Latifah
Sheryl Crow
Ted Nugent (because I hate hunters, too)
November 10th, 2005 03:21 PM
stonesmachine
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

He made the comment during either the White album or Let It Be sessions. I can't remember which. As ridiculous as it sounds, it wasn’t just something he blurted out either. He phoned Derek Taylor (wasn't he the Beatles publicist?) and told him to gather up as many people as possible for an EMERGENCY meeting, where he of course went on to declare he was Jesus Christ.

Maybe it was the acid talking?
November 10th, 2005 05:41 PM
The Porkchop Express Keith Richards and Mick Jagger
November 10th, 2005 05:51 PM
MrPleasant "Most arrogant Ego-maniacs in Rock n Roll"

Rock critics.
November 11th, 2005 01:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot >"Most arrogant Ego-maniacs in Rock n Roll"

Rock critics.<

I can see that...but my first thought was major label/Clear Channel execs.
November 11th, 2005 01:52 PM
Joey " I can see that...but my first thought was major label/Clear Channel execs. "

I would like to nuzzle you

[ Edited by Joshy ]

[Edited by Joey]
November 11th, 2005 04:52 PM
SomeLocalLoser donovan. the things he says about himself in interviews are absolutely inane.

on bob dylan: "i am the more creative and influential"

you can check out a recent interview here

i think the interviewer already had some dislike for donovan before going into it, but you can still see how he talks himself up

i got to meet donovan back in june after a concert in san diego. he signed an album of mine and shook my hand i said "thanks so much" and he said "any day of the week, mate". so i really dont think he's that arrogant, necessarily, but it's all semantics
[Edited by SomeLocalLoser]
[Edited by SomeLocalLoser]
November 11th, 2005 08:08 PM
SheRat
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
As some one that has worked in the concert industry for 17 years, my list of the the biggest pains in the ass are:

Chrissie Hynde
Ted Nugent
Tracy Chapman
Marilyn Manson
Danny Elfman/Oingo Boingo
Rickie Lee Jones
Most Rap artists from the last 10 years

Actually most are a pain in the ass but the list above are the worst offenders that I can remember as far prima donna demands!

Chrissie Hynde and Rickie Lee Jones? Say it ain't so, MM, say it ain't so! You gots to tell the stories!!
November 11th, 2005 08:10 PM
SheRat
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:
Keith Richards and Mick Jagger

Hey, Hey, Hey! What are YOU doing here?

November 12th, 2005 07:06 AM
corgi37 I think Lennon made the Jesus Christ quote in 66. There were Beatles record burning nights held in the South of Hicksville, USA (Wish i was there! hhahaha).

He later tried to defend it saying after recently going to India, he realised Jesus was virtually unknown (being largely a Hindu nation), yet the Beatles were very popular.

I dont know much about arrogance, but i'd definately put Jimmy Page up the top.
November 12th, 2005 08:37 PM
speedfreakjive Paul Motherfucking McArtney. He's so up his own arse, its a surprise he's not speaking through it, which come to think of it, he does. He is so insecure/pissed off that Lennon was the better of the Beatles, that he didn't even acknowledge him after performing a few Beatles songs at Live 8
November 13th, 2005 03:35 PM
Joey
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Paul Motherfucking McArtney. He's so up his own arse, its a surprise he's not speaking through it, which come to think of it, he does. He is so insecure/pissed off that Lennon was the better of the Beatles, that he didn't even acknowledge him after performing a few Beatles songs at Live 8

In this month's Q Magazine there is a wonderful and poignant article about John Lennon's final days alive on this orb .

Paul wrote a lovely letter to Q Magazine ( displayed on one of the pages ) on why he still loves John .

The letter brought tears to Young Joey's eyes .

" MACCA FACTS

Fast Fact: Between his work with the Beatles and as a solo artist and leader of Wings, McCartney has written or co-written more than 50 Top Ten singles.
By the numbers: When combined with the Beatles' 49 Top 40 U.S. singles, it is a matter of statistical fact that Paul McCartney is the most successful pop-music composer ever and the second greatest hitmaker, behind Elvis Presley."

www.maccareport.com

[ Edited by MACCA ]
[Edited by Joey]
November 13th, 2005 04:50 PM
rolling who
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I think Lennon made the Jesus Christ quote in 66. There were Beatles record burning nights held in the South of Hicksville, USA (Wish i was there! hhahaha).

He later tried to defend it saying after recently going to India, he realised Jesus was virtually unknown (being largely a Hindu nation), yet the Beatles were very popular.

No, no, no, no. Lennon allegedly made these remarks at a meeting at the Apple offices in 1969, when the Beatles were trying to sort through all their business problems and sitting through countless long, boring meetings. He called everyone together to make the proclamation that he may, indeed, be Jesus Christ. This, at least, according to the controversial Lennon biography, 'The Lives of John Lennon.'

While the story is hilarious, I'd take it with a grain of salt, considering the source. The author of the book, Albert Goldman, is notorious for cruciying his subjects with abject lies. He could make Mother Teresa look like a skank ho. The book has been disavowed by nearly everyone who knew Lennon. (Also says Lennon gave Brian Epstein a hand job back in the early 60s).
November 14th, 2005 07:35 AM
corgi37 The remark he made was at a press conference. It's in jus about every doco on the band. It was 66, which means it was during or about the same time, as their last U.S. tour. I've seen the footage. It was 100% pre-Pepper.
November 14th, 2005 03:57 PM
Gazza No..the 'we're bigger than Jesus' remark is a different quote entirely (it wasnt made at a press conference but in a 1966 UK newspaper interview...it was completely ignored for several months until a few religious nutcases got hold of it and twisted it to suit their own agenda). He DID make a half arsed apology for it in a press conference on the '66 tour, though

The "I am Jesus Christ" remark was, as said above, supposedly made at a band meeting a few years later. I dont think Goldman was the original source for that story, actually.
November 14th, 2005 04:01 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Joey wrote:

In this month's Q Magazine there is a wonderful and poignant article about John Lennon's final days alive on this orb .

Paul wrote a lovely letter to Q Magazine ( displayed on one of the pages ) on why he still loves John .

The letter brought tears to Young Joey's eyes .

" MACCA FACTS

Fast Fact: Between his work with the Beatles and as a solo artist and leader of Wings, McCartney has written or co-written more than 50 Top Ten singles.
By the numbers: When combined with the Beatles' 49 Top 40 U.S. singles, it is a matter of statistical fact that Paul McCartney is the most successful pop-music composer ever and the second greatest hitmaker, behind Elvis Presley."

www.maccareport.com

[ Edited by MACCA ]
[Edited by Joey]

Doesn't change the fact he's a bit of a c*nt though, i'm not saying he isn't a talented musician. Lennon was better in my humble opinion.
November 14th, 2005 04:18 PM
Saint Sway Charlie Watts is the coolest rock star ever. He is the epitomy of cool.

Everyone else are all just ego-maniac, spoiled jackassess.
November 14th, 2005 04:41 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Charlie Watts is the coolest rock star ever. He is the epitomy of cool.

Everyone else are all just ego-maniac, spoiled jackassess.

Even Ronnie Wood, nay i say!
November 15th, 2005 05:55 AM
corgi37 I knew i was right!!

Thinking about it, Elton would have to be bloody close to be the ego master.
November 15th, 2005 10:54 AM
jend re Lennon announcing he was Jesus at a meeting
the story's in Philip Norman's book Shout: The true story of the Beatles as well. It probably was the acid talking - apparently he was trying to destroy his ego by taking a lot of acid & "enlarging it to immense preportions" at the time. I'm not sure when but IIRC it was before meeting Yoko, thibk Norman's opinion was that she saved him.

I think a lot of the book was written before Lennon's death (it's only mentioned right at the begining and end - there's a mention in the notes that he was waiting on confirmation re. an interview with John when he heard. ) not sure if it was published before Goldmans.

November 15th, 2005 11:31 AM
Joey
" I think a lot of the book was written before Lennon's death (it's only mentioned right at the begining and end - there's a mention in the notes that he was waiting on confirmation re. an interview with John when he heard. ) not sure if it was published before Goldmans. "

W- W- W- What ?!?!

" Our life together is so precious together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere alone

It's been too long since we took the time
No-one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly
But when I see you darling
It's like we both are falling in love again
It'll be just like starting over, starting over

Everyday we used to make it love
Why can't we be making love nice and easy
It's time to spread our wings and fly
Don't let another day go by my love

Why don't we take off alone
Take a trip somewhere far, far away
We'll be together all alone again
Like we used to in the early days
Well, well, well darling

It's been too long since we took the time
No-one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly
But when I see you darling
It's like we both are falling in love again

Our life together is so precious together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere .... "

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)