ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hollywood Bowl, 8 November - setlist pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 9th, 2005 02:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

Young Joey, if you do indeed receive Winter, I will nuzzle you.

Child of the Moon
( Rocks Off Member ) .............................

It may very well happen !!!

http://www.omahameca.com/default.asp?lnopt=9&sn1opt=1&sn2opt=1&sn3opt=1&bldgopt=1&month=11&year=2005&newsID=0

Word .

Joeykins !
November 9th, 2005 03:14 PM
Child of the Moon January 29th, Joey... you will be greeted!

Developing...
November 9th, 2005 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
January 29th, Joey... you will be greeted!

Developing...

Damn Straight My Stonesian Brother !!!!!!

www.omahameca.com

November 9th, 2005 05:59 PM
Brainbell Jangler As Tears Go By! Unbelievable! And how fucking poignant at this point in their career.

Child of the Moon--Sorry we didn't hear from you before the Portland show. We were in Floor Row 34 dead center, which was Row 3 during the b-stage. Closest I've ever been, especially to Mick.
November 9th, 2005 07:19 PM
Soldatti Great setlist, 3 new songs in a row? The first time in decades.
November 9th, 2005 08:47 PM
glencar Amazing! Wish I'd been there...
November 9th, 2005 08:53 PM
mac_daddy those bowl shows were special - i had a feeling they would be, but i didnt expect nearly as much as what i got...

i still think the energy on sunday was tops - easily one of the best live gigs i have seen, bar none.

but last night was quite special, too...

as tears go by/cloud on the bstage was the shizzle...

the new songs were quite cool, as was shattered and she's so cold...

paint it black was better than it was in anaheim...

i am thrilled i got to see all three.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 9th, 2005 09:06 PM
glencar mac, what's the bowl like? An arena?
November 9th, 2005 09:21 PM
Riffhard HOLY SHIT!! I just read the setlist and am stunned! Stunned I said! I never ever thought that As Tears Go By would get played. Now if only we could get Child Of The Moon or Lady Jane. At this rate I would think just about anything is possible. However,Gomper is never gonna happen. ATGB rankas right up there with She Smiled Sweetly as for jaw dropping shockers to me. I could even see them pulling out Complicated after it was used so extensivly on that Lexmark commercial.

I'm with you LJ. I am proud to be a fan of this band. They continue to amaze!

Now where is a download for this show?!?!?

Riffy
November 9th, 2005 09:28 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
mac, what's the bowl like? An arena?

an outdoor ampitheater at the base of the hollywood hills...

it is probably the most reknown venue in the city, esp. as far as music is concerned. not just rock, but classical - i think sinatra knocked 'em dead here once back in the day. elvis maybe, too. the los angeles philharmonic has a residency there each summer, with guest conductors. for instance i saw leonard slatkin conduct a program of gershwin selections last august. you can picnic all over the place - for the philharmonic, we ate in the actual boxes (this is where jack nicolson and johnny depp were siting last night) - i was in section h. that amex presale deal totally hooked me up for all of these shows, with no fan club cover charge, etc. and enabled me to never have to stress about getting tix on te onsale dates. as i totally digress, it s funny that so many people bitched about ticket prices; i think they got the price perfect for the market. i am not saying i like paying high prices, but all the shows are sell outs, and the scalpers are taking a bath (i took one with my opening fenway pair, too). i would think that is exactly what you want. if they were $20-50, then the scalpers would be selling the front sections for around four bills; a buck fifty gets you real close... and that is exactly what happened. i would rather see the stones make $$ than i would the scalpers - they are as bad as the scum that download my recordings and then sell the sh*t on ebay... anyway like te bowl is a pretty historic place. it is outdoors. it has hollywood history. and i am sure it is a venue that the stones said "we'd really like to play there" and it showed. those two could end up being the most special pair of gigs of the whole tour - they are certainly the frontrunners to this point... more info at the bowl site, but i sponged the seating chart for ya...

November 9th, 2005 09:46 PM
FPM C10 ATGB on the friggin' B. Shit, that is COOL.

That reminds me -I remember reading an interview with Peter Wolfe and he was talking about being in a restaurant in Italy with Mick (in '82 I think) and the people in the restaurant demanded a song, so he got up with the Italian lounge band and did "As Tears Go By". Wolfe said he was amazed by Mick being able to perform as well on a tiny postage stamp-sized stage as in a stadium.

November 9th, 2005 11:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA Is there any pics!!!!
November 10th, 2005 06:18 AM
Madafaka OMG! I can't believe it!
November 10th, 2005 06:51 AM
Bitch great show

bring on the pix!
November 10th, 2005 07:22 AM
LadyJane Found this on Shidoobee...thought it was interesting.

19th Nervous Breakdown
Not Fade Away
The Last Time
Get Off My Cloud
Paint It, Black
Stupid Girl
Lady Jane
That's How Strong My Love Is
The Spider and the Fly
Time Is On My Side
Satisfaction (This was the regular closer for this tour)

39 years AGO!!!!!!! Kind of puts it all into perspective.

Amazing.

LJ.
November 10th, 2005 03:08 PM
nankerphelge Wow -- Stupid Girl!!!

Never knew they did that live.

November 10th, 2005 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Wow -- Stupid Girl!!!

Never knew they did that live.

Isn't that a " Garbage " song ?!?!?!

November 10th, 2005 04:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 1+ minute video of As Tears Go By

This was posted at BdP, don't know the real source, but it was posted by Luchostones from Argentina at http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3228, I saw a thread about it @ Shidoobeeland but cpuldn't find the links, here they are

THE VIDEO CLIPS

http://travelpup.net/atgb/MOV02340.MPG

http://rapidshare.de/files/7423476/MOV02340.MPG.html
November 10th, 2005 09:43 PM
tumbling dice
As Tears Go By is a great song,classic,pure 6o´s.
November 11th, 2005 02:24 AM
StonesJuno Good write up there, MacDaddy. I think the energy of Sunday night was Amazing. It was just perfect, tight, from start to finish. Oh, I still carry the torch for Roseland, NYC, but this is running a close second, next to 80 plus Stones shows in the past decade. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to hear Rain Fall Down or Laugh I Almost Died, but not at the compromise of such a perfect night. It's how I felt when Slipping Away took over The Worst. Nice, perhaps overdue, change but rough and awkward after being shelved for a bit.

I like Slipping Away and Infamy, but would like T&A, or Silver, or Happy to pick up Keith's two song set. Even a return of Before They Make Me Run. Slipping Away is just too similar to Infamy, and it's difficult to distinguish the two.

I love Dead Flowers live. I don't get tired of that one. I'd be ok to leave off YGMR...but the crowd loves it, and it does work well on stage. MR, JJF, ADTL, Live With Me, Sympathy, well, what do I need to say about those rockin' kick booty numbers?

Self Edit again, cuz I ramble on and on and on....and on!
[Edited by StonesJuno]
November 11th, 2005 03:51 AM
corgi37 A truly historic show.
November 14th, 2005 07:58 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Dan wrote:
I didnt see or hear Chuck at either Bowl show and forgot he existed until someone brought it up. I snuck in again. I am too tired so I will recycle my two initial Shidoobee posts.

A pre-emptive FOAD to anyone who doesn't like how I do concerts. I never found the Shidoobee lot or Mac either so I had to give the CDs I brought to Cardinal Fang and Falling James.
==================

Hey Dan "T.T." and MacDaddy !!!

I'll make this quick since I just got back to Sacto and need to rehearse for tomorrow night's SF "bit".

I thought the Hollywood Bowl shows were the best I ever saw. If I go to tomorrow nights show, it will be to hang out in the parking lot and listen to the show unless I get a really OK seat dirt cheap. I've got so much to tell about the Hollywood shows and MacDaddy and Dan but it will have to wait until maybe tomorrow.

Quick word about Falling James. About 20 (?) years ago there was a 3-4 weeks period were I was going to be in the Leaving Trains with him. He liked my playing because I sounded/looked like Keith. (Duh) I didn't join for two reasons, one was "personal" the other was because of his then girlfriend, soon to be wife. I always felt bad and wondered how good we would've been together. Dan my son, imagine my shock to look up when you said, "Hey Falling James" !! He and I spent the entire evening together catching up. He say's he sort of guessed why I didn't join and everythings cool. We swapped our info and are going to keep in touch. Maybe AoW and THe Leaving Trains will play some shows together? We both felt like we were in our 20's again. If it wasn't for you Dan !

MacDaddy is by far the person who comes closest to "just like me" catagory that I've ever met from a Stones board ever !! That even includes Syph. Into the same geeky shit etc. Wow. Speaking of Syph he's here and I gotta bail.

I can't pick which show was better. Falling James and I snuck in to the backstage area and the sound back there was WAY different. Now you're actually hearing Keith's amp through Keith's amp and not through the house PA. Johny Depp was about 5 yards away from us. We got to see the get away, wish I brought the video recorder. I'm bringing one to SF if I go.

I'll give a more detailed report later.
and Dan........f-em if they bitch about your style. You're out there getting it DONE and NOBODY is getting hurt. Besides, look at what you've given to ALL of us Stones collectors over these years !! (whether the bitchers know it or not)

I finally got to meet face to face with MacDaddy after jillions of email and a letter or two. Just wish he could have gone to the Joint with us Monday night. That show was hot too !! Would love to hear a recording of that one. Falling James was at that show too behind us. I was in the 2nd row and my brothers were in the 3rd row. I guess James was behind them. They had no idea who he is or the James/Jimmy connection.

anyway........to the Dutch people that were on the fourth floor with us........ "Meester Fang sthil does NOT know wher Keef is ot right nows" sooo kindly quit asking me, especially when I'm alone in the hot tub. (wierd) I kep't running into these guys EVERYWHERE I went. The grocery store, down the street, at the resturaunt, at the pool, at the parking lot partys, I swear they were tailing me.

ONe last thing, the homeless dude scalping tickets for $150 on tuesday night, with 5 songs to go was asking James and I $200 !! We laughed too. After the show we saw him at the bus stop and I asked him (as a goof) if we could buy those 200 dollar tickets now. He said, "No, I sold those a LONG time ago" Long time ago, like what, with THREE songs left in the show ? That dude was SERIOUSLY baked.

Syph's waiting to rehearse. More to come later.

Later, "Meestir Fang" : - )

P.S. Keith and Charlie and Mick sounded great both nights. Ronnie was way off the first night, they had him turned down about 75 % time so it wasn't totally obvious and didn't ruin everything else. They also had Chuck real nice and low in the mix. Listen to the recordings. The five or so songs that they HAD to turn him up on, he got one of them right but the other four.....WTF ?? Listen to the tapes. I'm gonna play them for Syphola right now. Tuesday night Ronnie was almost 100 % on. Somebody must of had a chat with Ronald Rembrant !! lol

Gotta Jet.
November 14th, 2005 08:19 PM
mac_daddy post of the week!

glad you got back up north safely.

we will meet again...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)