ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hollywood Bowl, 8 November - setlist pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 9th, 2005 01:05 AM
beer 1 Start Me Up
2 Shattered
3 She's So Cold
4 Tumbling Dice
5 Rough Justice
6 Rain Fell Down
7 IT WON'T TAKE LONG
8 Bitch
9 Night Time
10 Slipping Away
11 Infamy

B STAGE

12 You Got Me Rockin'
13 AS TEARS GO BY
14 Get Off My Cloud

15 Sympathy For The Devil
16 Paint it black
17 Honk Tonk Women
18 Brown Sugar
19 Satisfaction

Encore

20 You Can't Always Get What You Want
21 Jumping Jack Flash

---

Shidoobee again

[Edited by beer]
November 9th, 2005 01:09 AM
Child of the Moon What... the... FUCK!!??

It Won't Take Long!? AS TEARS GO BY!!?? HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!
November 9th, 2005 02:34 AM
The_Worst "AS TEARS GO BY"!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

WOW!!!! WOW!!!!! WOW!!!!!!
November 9th, 2005 02:57 AM
maumau great
just switch from YGMR to ONNYA and looks like a perfect setlist to me
November 9th, 2005 03:35 AM
UGot2Rollme AS TEARS GO BY (wow)

great to see this set list development - sounds like those at the 2 H. Bowl shows are some lucky MoFo's!! Maybe even worth $450 ;-)

November 9th, 2005 04:14 AM
Jumacfly great set list!!
November 9th, 2005 04:23 AM
beer I agree, Cool set list! But be careful, 'As tears go by' and 'It won't take long' have recently been deemed Adult Contemporary soft rock Music. Like them at your own risk, after all, Rock and Roll is all about strict rules. Abide by them dammit!

-
November 9th, 2005 04:52 AM
Gazza For the first time on this tour, I'm pleased to be able to say ;

HOLY CRAP!

This is the first time 'As Tears Go By' has EVER been played in concert by the Stones.

And the song is 40 years old! I cant imagine too many acts in the history of any form of music could have waited four decades to premiere a song.

Beats the previous 'record wait' ('Sway') by about 5 and a half years!!

Great to see 'It wont take long' get an airing too.

Long may it continue
November 9th, 2005 05:10 AM
FotiniD
quote:
beer wrote:

13 AS TEARS GO BY

*BLANK FRIGGING STARE*

Double that.

Was it an acoustic version or not? Where are the mp3s?!
[Edited by FotiniD]
November 9th, 2005 05:13 AM
FotiniD Oh wait, here we go, reviews posted at IORR:

Dean Goodman:
And then we move along to “As Tears Go By,” which found Mick in a rare nostalgic mood, recalling that it was “very, very ancient,” and one of the first tunes he and Keith ever wrote, and that they gave it to “someone else” to record first -- poor Marianne, not even deserving of a shout-out. Keith propped himself on a stool, playing acoustic along with Ronnie, who was in cheerleader mode for the benefit of the people on his side of the pit. Mick was really digging the words, totally focused on the task at hand. It truly was a mindblowing occasion, not exactly “Gomper,” but still a much-needed addition to the set list.

Yeah, I too think they should have mentioned Marianne, but whatever... We got "As tears go by" live after four decades!!!

And a nice place to play too. Check out the pics: http://www.iorr.org/tour05/la3.htm
November 9th, 2005 05:58 AM
Jumacfly I hope next surprise will be winning ugly!
November 9th, 2005 06:09 AM
charlotte
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For the first time on this tour, I'm pleased to be able to say ;

HOLY CRAP!

This is the first time 'As Tears Go By' has EVER been played in concert by the Stones.

And the song is 40 years old! I cant imagine too many acts in the history of any form of music could have waited four decades to premiere a song.

Beats the previous 'record wait' ('Sway') by about 5 and a half years!!

Great to see 'It wont take long' get an airing too.

Long may it continue

This is a marathon that does not end until late 2006...at the end we will be proud to say "I was there"...

mac, are you able to speak today after last night!!??

[Edited by charlotte]
November 9th, 2005 06:17 AM
Jumping Jack I love It Won't Take Long. Excellent addition and hope they play it in Vegas.

May I refer you all back to Chuck's radio interview in Atlanta? He said he was working hard to get the following played:

Dear Doctor
100 Years Ago
Jigsaw Puzzle
As Tears Go By

One down, 3 more to go.
November 9th, 2005 06:22 AM
beer I imagine this show will be torrented as fast as the first Hollywood Bowl show?
November 9th, 2005 06:28 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I love It Won't Take Long. Excellent addition and hope they play it in Vegas.

May I refer you all back to Chuck's radio interview in Atlanta? He said he was working hard to get the following played:

Dear Doctor
100 Years Ago
Jigsaw Puzzle
As Tears Go By

One down, 3 more to go.

Is there any chance Chuck is a little misunderstood?

I mean, if he indeed urges them to play stuff like that... Really! I'll stop calling him father Smurf!
November 9th, 2005 06:31 AM
Nellcote WICKED PISSA!
November 9th, 2005 06:43 AM
beer
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
WICKED PISSA!

hell yeah!

-
November 9th, 2005 06:46 AM
Jumping Jack "Is there any chance Chuck is a little misunderstood?

I mean, if he indeed urges them to play stuff like that... Really! I'll stop calling him father Smurf!"

IMHO, Chuck deserves a lot more respect and credit than he gets in some circles. Those who publicly mock him are terribly ignorant!
November 9th, 2005 07:09 AM
LadyJane Is there ANY other band that can perform 3 songs in a row from their new album and then perform a classic that has NEVER been played live in 40 years??????

Outstanding......I'm proud to be a fan!!!

LJ.
November 9th, 2005 07:14 AM
Flashpoint NOW they're doing something!! (well they did it with Sway but then blow it cause the won't do it again)
Really interesting idea to play it on te B-S
November 9th, 2005 07:50 AM
PartyDoll MEG AWESOME!!!!

IWTL and As Tears Go By gives me goosebumps just typing this!!!
Get rid of YGMR and add a new song and it's perfect!!!!
November 9th, 2005 09:32 AM
Gimme Shelter I hope they play ATGB in SF.
November 9th, 2005 09:38 AM
mac_daddy there were some very special moments last night - as tears go by was nice, with drums, a bit up tempo. and the energy continued with gomc (great version). i thought sunday was better overall, but i am very glad i went to both - i wolda been kicking myself forever if i had missed last night....

never could find shidoobeee in the lot, but i hung with cardinal fang before both shows...

btw - he went to waddy's mon night gig at the joint (he does it every week). bernard and blondie sat in...

November 9th, 2005 10:59 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT Gazza, that beats out Sway for longest time of a song never played... Like 40+ years compared to 34 i think it was... right?
November 9th, 2005 11:17 AM
nankerphelge Awsome set -- very lucky crowd to have heard As Tears Go By!

Hey Chuck - if you get them to play Dear Doctor at MSG on the 20th., ol' nanky will plant a few "trees" in your honor!!!

Promise!!

November 9th, 2005 12:11 PM
Saint Sway I was at the MSG show in 97 when Mick teased an acapella intro of "Tears Go By" on the b-stage while Rehab Ronnie tried to get his guitar working

its a song thats way down on my wishlist - probably not even in the top 50 - but very cool of them to play. A great surprise.
November 9th, 2005 12:19 PM
Dan I didnt see or hear Chuck at either Bowl show and forgot he existed until someone brought it up. I snuck in again. I am too tired so I will recycle my two initial Shidoobee posts.

A pre-emptive FOAD to anyone who doesn't like how I do concerts. I never found the Shidoobee lot or Mac either so I had to give the CDs I brought to Cardinal Fang and Falling James.
==================
Both nights I never intended to sneak in and didnt even think I was getting in until I realized I was in. This time I used a totally different method than I did Sunday. Both nights I didnt even think I was sneaking in until the coast was clear and it dawned on me "Dude YOU SNUCK IN."

This time I might have been almost caught. Except I don't know if the "sir sir hey HEY HEY" was directed at me, or if they wanted to see my ticket or because this time I just staggered in chugging from a prohibited open container. But a curve was close by so I ignored everything until I reached the curve and just hauled ass.

I felt a little of the lame Hollywood Bowl vibe that plagued every single other show (excepting Sunday) I had ever seen there. If you saw some guy running around during Infamy and YGMR yelling "STAND UP YOU LAME MOTHERFUCKERS," that was me. Unlike Sunday I didnt even have anything resembling a ticket so I had to move a bit more. I still had fun AND got to see the live debuts of It Wont Take Long and As Tears Go By.

Apologies if this post is unintelligible, I am totally wasted and still cruising on the high (I promised myself I would only listen to a few songs from outside then go home and go to bed early, ended up partying with Tallchick and Martin til it was time to catch the last bus)

===================

Oh hell, if they play there again I will just buy tickets. I am so used to getting into that place for $5-15 anyway.

Last night, they went on super early it seemed like. Still a lot of people trying to get in, a lot of front door security, a lot of wanding (metal detectors). I see this one scalper I know. I asked him if he still has tickets. He said yeah you need any. I said the show already started I am not paying anything. During Rain Fall Down I am wandering up between the stack cars behind the stage looking for a place to take a leak.

I see the same scalper walking up between the cars. I know there is no action up there but I smile and say "any extra tickets?" He says fall in line between us. There are several of them. I am second to last in front of another scalper I recognized. We all walk right in what I think is the celebrity entrance. They probably all had some sort of passes. I never looked, I only looked forward and follow the train. I am in, there is minimal security. Then I hear "sir sir HEY HEY" and I look down and realized I still have a can of Sparks in my hand. So I walk a little faster, out of the group, there is a curve right there up the hill into the seating area. Hit the curve and run. Rain Fall Down is still playing and there are so many people out there beer running and getting beer etc so I am able to blend in real easy. Still try to hit up a few people for ticket stubs in vain. "Stubs Stubs Who's got a ticket stub?" Walk in on the tail end of the song and hear Rain Fall Down.

I am totally enjoying myself. Still gotta take a leak though. Find an empty cup and move down an aisle. I fill up the cup but its Slipping Away and a lot of people are sitting down. I've done this lots of times and never got caught. I look to my right and there is this couple sitting down, staring right at me, the works in my hand right at eye level 5 feet from her face, they both have a total look of horror. I casually set the cup down and she motions to me not to do it. I just shrug and move out but I dont feel too comfortable standing around there. So I move all around the center aisle. I get all offended by all the people sitting down during Infamy and YGMR so thats when I start jumping up in front of the bushes and even running part way up the stairs yelling at people to stand up. I dont even know if I mentioned Stones or not but I did mention rock concert.

I was SO hyper (3 cans of Sparks). I was hoping JJF would be the last song before the encore because I got some crazy idea to see what would happen if I started asking ushers to help me find my seat (without a ticket) but they saved that song for the very end.

Sunday, I am kicking it outside enjoying the sound. There is this scalper who looks homeless still trying to get $150 each for 2 last row tickets (I only saw the $63.50). I pull out $3 and offer him that. Of course he laughs. I laugh too, I am just having fun. But since I already have dollar bills in my hand...

I see people already leaving early. So I start yelling "ticket stubs for dollar, buying ticket stubs here." One of the guys leaving stops and says "are you SERIOUS?" I said YES. He hands me a stub and starts to walk away. I said "Dont you want the dollar?" He says "Its my gift to you."

At this point there is only one person manning the front entrance. There is one or 2 chicks ahead of me. Their tickets dont scan. She yells out to someone "Hey it says these tickets have already been used?" She directs them INSIDE to talk to someone (security supervisor?)

She scans my ticket, it makes some foreign sound, she just sighed and pointed inside and said "Go talk to him" I get halfway to where I think I am supposed to go, look back, she isnt watching me anymore, so I just stroll in to H center.

The last several tours I was always stressing about tickets and spending way too much money (probably several grand like almost everybody else here). This time my plan all along was to just listen from outside because the gig was so close it wouldnt be anywhere near as inconvenient to get to and it sounds good out there.

Hearing Paint It Black and Get Off My Cloud in Anaheim and seeing them at the Wiltern and almost onstage in San Diego and Phoenix (licks tour) for less than $100 pretty much ended any chances of my spending any significant amount of cash to see them again.

All I spent was $20 each Anaheim to get me and my friend a ticket (I bought him the ticket in exchange for a ride home because I didnt want to stay at my dads) He calls me Monday and tells me he won us ONSTAGE tickets for San Diego.

If anybody is driving from San Diego or LA for Sunday's SF show I have gas money

November 9th, 2005 01:36 PM
Joey " For the first time on this tour, I'm pleased to be able to say ;

HOLY CRAP!

This is the first time 'As Tears Go By' has EVER been played in concert by the Stones. "

I see a " Winter " in young Joey's future at the QWEST CENTER this January . Word !

Flacky !

November 9th, 2005 01:48 PM
Saint Sway great set changes both nights. But why repeat NightTime?? Should of thrown in another cover. But anyone who was there cant complain.
November 9th, 2005 02:27 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Joey wrote:
" For the first time on this tour, I'm pleased to be able to say ;

HOLY CRAP!

This is the first time 'As Tears Go By' has EVER been played in concert by the Stones. "

I see a " Winter " in young Joey's future at the QWEST CENTER this January . Word !

Flacky !

Young Joey, if you do indeed receive Winter, I will nuzzle you.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)