ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Donovan??? Return to archive
November 9th, 2005 12:27 AM
Starbuck donovan is coming to st. paul. $40 tickies.

would i be eternally branded a puss if i went? i think if i hear him play "jennifer juniper" or "happiness runs" i would start to giggle like joey locked in a closet with a canister of nitrus oxide.

he's so ghey!

but on the other hand...season of the witch...hurdy gurdy man...sunshine superman....all kick major amounts of ass...
November 9th, 2005 12:34 AM
Child of the Moon Starbucky... that is the weirdest fucking pic I've seen in a while. Gold rings on you...

Too bad we won't be able to greet each other on this tour. My show already happened. Where were all the Portlanders?
November 9th, 2005 01:26 AM
Starbuck stevie!

what are you doing up so late?!?! how dem college wimmin?

did you know sahaira is in love?

more importantly....summit of the century.....make it happen boyo!
November 9th, 2005 02:07 AM
Child of the Moon Starbuck! I am up drinking lots of beer and grooving to tunes. Haven't had much of a taste of the college wimmin', as I am currently living with my girlfriend of one year or so. I'd love to talk to Sahaira again, though. I'm glad she's found love, but I'd still love to drop her a line sometime.

Alas, I'd love to make the summit, but I just don't think it's in the cards. But my love goes out to all of you! Us Portlanders will just have to bond by ourselves...
November 9th, 2005 08:22 AM
lotsajizz Donovan's cool
November 9th, 2005 09:20 AM
FPM C10 "Who's this Donovan guy?" - Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back

Best Donovan song ever - "Goo Goo Barabajagal". Laugh, but tis true. Backed up by the Jeff Beck Group - Ronald Wood on bass. I used to have the 45.

Although you MAY indeed be branded a puss forever, my stance against the war has done that to me, and you know what? Being a puss ain't so bad.

Go! And file a complete report!

November 9th, 2005 09:04 PM
glencar Any recent set lists to report?
November 9th, 2005 11:03 PM
Brainbell Jangler Donovan? I'd go.

"The whole wide human race has a-taken far too much methedrine. What goes on? Chick-a-chick. What goes on? I really wanna know."--Donovan, "The Trip"

How far ahead of its time was that line?

Child of the Moon wrote, "Where were all the Portlanders?" The question, young man, is, Where were you? I emailed but got no response. Try again next tour, I guess.
November 11th, 2005 04:35 PM
SomeLocalLoser
quote:
glencar wrote:
Any recent set lists to report?

been lurkin round here for a month or two, figured i could answer this though...here's the set list from donovan's june 28th concert in san diego. now keep in mind it was an abbreviated set, he was opening for dick dale at the time--

sunshine superman
barabajagal
season of the witch
colours
lalena
beat cafe
lover o lover
hurdy gurdy man
mellow yellow

maybe that'll give you an idea. i'd say go, it really is worth it. his voice hasn't changed a bit, tight performance, really great.

speaking of donovan, he definitely should go on that thread about egomaniacal musicians. has anyone read a recent interview with him? the delusions of grandeur this man has are ridiculous.

but that has nothing to do with his music, he puts on a great show.
November 11th, 2005 11:25 PM
FPM C10 That actually looks like a really great set. Fantastic songs. He's not Dylan or Stones, certainly, but he's up there with the near-greats. Does he perform with a full band? The setlist had some fairly "heavy" stuff to start with, too....Barabajagal and Season of the Witch are both fairly meaty for a twee folksinger.

he's opening for Dick Dale? WTF? Wouldn't that bill work better in reverse?
November 12th, 2005 05:56 AM
SomeLocalLoser yes he does perform with a full band...rhythym guitar, bass guitar, drums, bongos, there was even a stand-up bass at some point. only for his earlier folkier stuff (i.e. colours) did he take the stage solo.

and yes there was a lot of debate among the crowd as to who the headliner should really be. the advertisements were never clear as to who would play when. i think aside from working better in reverse it was a rather eclectic bill to begin with...
November 12th, 2005 06:20 AM
corgi37 Reading this thread makes me feel like i've taken some bad, bad acid. I mean, its a joke? Right?

Right?
November 12th, 2005 09:27 AM
Martha WORD! Get in the car and GO!

Chris and I saw Donovan open for my ex, Johnny Mellencamp this past summer when they did a brief tour together (before Johnny toured with Fogerty which happend right after this short tour and we caught the opening show !).

Donovan is someone you want to see.........these people will be gone soon enough and things will never be the same for us music appreciators....so see these people while you can.

GO!

Far out baby!
Martha
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)