ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hollywood Bowl, 6 November - setlist pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 10th, 2005 07:26 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
sh*t, he bankrolled that second staples center gig on the licks tour the last time around.

As one of the fortunate ones to win great seats to that excellent Staples show, I got no problem with the guy.

I also have no problem if he wants to bankroll a free "Bigger Bing" tour.
November 10th, 2005 07:35 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

As one of the fortunate ones to win great seats to that excellent Staples show, I got no problem with the guy.

I also have no problem if he wants to bankroll a free "Bigger Bing" tour.

i got no problem with him, either - i was just stating the facts...

hey - did you make it in to the bowl for the second gig..?
November 10th, 2005 08:13 PM
StonesJuno That review said: a low-key Edge

?? I was right next to him. He was with Bing and Lance, and all 3 of them stood the entire show, grooving with the head knod action, and sucking cold brews. No, not micro-either. Not one break, standing right through Keith's set...and we had comfy seats with room. They stayed from pre-start to end finish, none of that early "I'm so important" leaving early business that Depp did at Hobo #2. They smiled and enjoyed it as we all did. At one point, the Edge is singing to Dead Flowers, calling on his cell phone for YCAGWYA and holding it up toward the stage, and then singing the lyrics into the phone "Ya Can't Always Get What Ya Want". I wouldn't call that "low-key". It was a great night for all. Everyone was a fan that night. The only thing that separated us was a few hundred million in the Bank! HA!

Side note: As I was making my way to my seat, this guy next to me says "I think I may get the set list tonight." He sounded so happy, I turned and looked and it was Gary Shandling.

The set list was tight, Mick's energy amazing, Keith's amp was in front of us for the "semi-b-stage" for a bit. No delay, no mix, just straight from his guitar to our ears. A memorable night.

P.s. I came here for the pics link on Shidoobee, and I must say WOW! GREAT SHOTS HERE, both new and old material. Thanks!

(Edited some of the notes not important, it was a great night. Just so much better than Wiltern. No one going to be seen, just going to see the Stones!!! I will never forget...I hope! ha!)
[Edited by StonesJuno]
November 10th, 2005 08:19 PM
mac_daddy great post! thanks for the details. that show was one of the finest i have seen, by any band (and i have seen a ton of live music)....

did you go to hobo2..? if so, what did you think..?
November 10th, 2005 08:29 PM
StonesJuno Hi MacDaddy. Thanks for your reply. We had originally planned to be at all 3 shows, Anaheim and the Hollywood Bowl #1 and #2, but while at the Portland Stones show, a very close friend died suddenly (Edit: I received the news on my cell phone, he did not pass at the Portland show - he died at home, here in California). His memorial was scheduled for Tuesday. It was not possible, even by an early flight to leave and return in time for the Tuesday show that same night. We did get a wonderful experience at the 2 shows we did get, and maybe that was meant to be. Many friends, I felt like I was at a family reunion. Great fun to be with all of you. With the loss of a good friend so suddenly, it's all that much more sweet to enjoy the time we are together.
[Edited by StonesJuno]
November 10th, 2005 08:32 PM
StonesJuno Sorry for the edits, but sometimes I read what I write after I post, and it does not appear to be clear. Or it rambles on and on ... and on! ha!
November 10th, 2005 08:44 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
hey - did you make it in to the bowl for the second gig..?

Unfortunatly not. I almost had a ticket lined up but it fell through at the very last second. I work around the corner from the Bowl so I drove Highland on my way home and was insanely jealous but amped for the fans. I should have pulled a "Dan" and tried to sneak in.

Anyway, Sunday's show was a blast. My wife and I were able to get our first sitter for our 3-month year old and it was a dream to have our first "date" without the baby with the Rolling fucking Stones.

Now I need to secure tix to the forum show in March so let me know if you get a line on any extra cause my Stones juices are flowin'.
November 10th, 2005 08:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl hi StonesJuno, great to have you here Are yopu coming to Mexico City?
November 10th, 2005 08:53 PM
mac_daddy HEY!!! congrats on the baby. that is wonderful news. and what a great time to get yer first sitter - those free nights are few and far between...

i'll keep my ear to the ground for ya on the forum gig - i have a pair, and am looking to upgrade, and if i do, i will let ya know about the pair i already have, as i only need two...

if you wanna ride down with us to san diego, let me know - i think we are planning to take off around 12 - 1 pm from burbank, so getting you would be easy

_____

stonesjuno - i am sorry to hear of your loss. i am sure that the gig was probably as cathartic place as one could hope for. that performance was absolutely rockin'!!!

see ya down the road apiece...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 10th, 2005 09:14 PM
doo doo doo Dude Thanks mac. I'd give anything to make it with you guys to SD but, like you said free nights are few and far between. It's a tough adjustment from the freedom I had just months ago but well worth the sacrifice. Anyway, I appreciate any help on the forum gig. Have a frickin' blast in Diego! can't wait to hear about the show!
November 10th, 2005 10:28 PM
StonesJuno Hi VoodooChile. No, our next show is SBC in San Francisco, then to Vegas for the MGM show. That's as far as we've planned for November.

Thanks Mac.
November 10th, 2005 10:53 PM
StonesJuno VoodooChile - I see that Mexico City is in February! Duh! No plans for us there yet. MSG in January and Forum in March, but we have not planned much else for 2006 yet. Any shows planned for you State side?
November 10th, 2005 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Not States this time, but Europe and probably South America
November 12th, 2005 06:39 AM
gypsy All photos courtesy of Reuters:

November 12th, 2005 07:42 AM
charlotte Thanks Gypsy!!!
November 12th, 2005 09:04 PM
LadyJane I just posted in the Superblow thread that we were lacking pics from the Hollywood Bowl...and voila...our gypsy comes through!!!!

Great shots. Thanks.

LJ.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)