ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hollywood Bowl, 6 November - setlist pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 6th, 2005 11:47 PM
beer From Shidoobee:

1 Jumpin Jack Flash
2 It's Only Rock and Roll
3 Live With Me
4 Tumblin Dice
5 On No Not You Again
6 Back of My Hand
7 Dead Flowers
8 Midnight Rambler
9 All Down the Line
10 Night Time
11 Slipping Away
12 Infamy
13 You Got Me Rockin (semi-b stage)
14 Wild Horses (semi-b stage)
15 Get off My Cloud (semi-b stage)
16 Sympathy for the Devil
17 Honky Tonk Women
18 Start Me Up
19 Brown Sugar
20 You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
21 Satisfaction (encore)

-

[Edited by beer]
November 7th, 2005 12:02 AM
Bitch cool, no START ME UP opening tonite's show.

LIVE WITH ME? Is this a first for this tour?

you lucky guys in HOLLYWOOD are rocking with the STONES!!!
November 7th, 2005 12:07 AM
time is on my side Hey, what the hell happened to Start Me Up!!!

JJF AS THE OPENER!!!

BOMH returns to the setlist. The Bowl is the place to be. Looks like their in for one hell of a show. Wonder how much further the setlist will get shook up.
November 7th, 2005 12:08 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Bitch wrote:
LIVE WITH ME? Is this a first for this tour?

It has been played a few times this tour.
Phoenix Theatre, Moncton, Albany and Atlanta.
November 7th, 2005 12:44 AM
DAVINO Finally some setlist retooling! Looks like a great show!
November 7th, 2005 01:18 AM
ShaneJazz Wow! Songs 7 through 9 are a real dream. Looks like the Stones are really saying: thank you, for your wine, California....They're getting a real treat.
November 7th, 2005 02:38 AM
RollingstonesUSA I dont believe my eyes!!!! they mixed it up!!!! WOW!!!!
November 7th, 2005 05:54 AM
deuce Hot Damn! JJF as an opener, ADTL, Rambler, Cloud, Wild Horses from the B STAGE...they did a ballad from the B Stage.

Can't wait to see what the set looks like on the 8th
November 7th, 2005 06:01 AM
erikjjf Some photos...

http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=rolling+stones+hollywood+bowl&c=news_photos
November 7th, 2005 07:24 AM
glencar I wonder how the B stage ballad worked out.
November 7th, 2005 08:13 AM
LadyJane JJF as the opener??? WOW!!! That's different.

Looks good.

Wake up West Coast RO'ers...we want reports.

LJ.
November 7th, 2005 08:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Excusme but what "Semi B Stage" means? No moving stage? Only three songs?
November 7th, 2005 08:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Excusme but what "Semi B Stage" means? No moving stage? Only three songs?

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

the seating layout of the Hollywood Bowl is such that you couldnt have the same sort of b-stage set up that you have for ordinary arena/stadium shows....as far as I know, its a sort of 'ampitheatre' set up

So I believe they had an extension of the main stage instead which went partly into the 'floor' seating area
November 7th, 2005 09:03 AM
moy pix from yahoo (erik's link) herfe posted as that link will change as soon as new pix appear

All pix by Robert Galbraith/Reuters

November 7th, 2005 09:23 AM
mac_daddy great friggin show...

on fire from start to finish...

and charlies drums did come out a bit, and they stood out at the end of the thrust stage...

lots of ronnie guitars, and they sounded good...

lots of keef, too - and he was on fire!

i was very impressed by anaheim, but last night absolutely blew me away...

and it was great to have all the little shakeups in the setlist...

i wonder what they are gonna do for an encore tomorrow night...

fan-friggin-tastic!!!

and the sound was very good, at least where i was sitting...

the whole bowl looked to me like one big kali's mouth and tongue...

amazing show...

November 7th, 2005 09:42 AM
GimmeExile So the sound was good? A lot of people whined for months about how horrible and low the sound is for concerts at the Bowl.
November 7th, 2005 09:45 AM
PartyDoll MEG What an AWESOME setlist!!!
November 7th, 2005 12:36 PM
Dan I sold my ticket hoping to buy a closer one, never found one, but I never really looked real hard either, I was just glad to get rid of that one. Then I just walked in during Night Time Is The Right Time and saw the rest of the show. It sounded great outside too (which was my original plan to begin with)
November 7th, 2005 12:56 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
great friggin show...

on fire from start to finish...

and charlies drums did come out a bit, and they stood out at the end of the thrust stage...

lots of ronnie guitars, and they sounded good...

lots of keef, too - and he was on fire!

i was very impressed by anaheim, but last night absolutely blew me away...

and it was great to have all the little shakeups in the setlist...

i wonder what they are gonna do for an encore tomorrow night...

fan-friggin-tastic!!!

and the sound was very good, at least where i was sitting...

the whole bowl looked to me like one big kali's mouth and tongue...

amazing show...

glad to see you had a good time Mc Daddy!
a lot of guitars, yiiiipikaaayeahhhhhh!!!!
they ve changed the set list, that's the big news of the day!

cheers
Ju
November 7th, 2005 01:21 PM
doo doo doo Dude Awesome show! I was totally expecting the standard setlist and was stoked they mixed it up. I was impressed too with the acoustics having been pretty underwhelmed at prior Bowl shows. The Stones looked like royalty on stage as it is such a classic venue and the Stones hadn't played there since '66. Gazza was right about the "b-stage", it was just an extension of the main stage into the orchestra pit but wow, what great choices, Wild Horses and Get Off My Cloud especially were excellent. Other highlights for me were Rambler, Dead Flowers, Live with me, BOMH...ahh shit, the whole setlist was perfect. Keith & Ron were up in the mix which was great, Charlie was stellar as usual, and Jagger never sounded or looked better. The guy owns Hollywood.

I think tomorrow's show there is going to be just as special. Now, I just gots to line up a ticky god dammit!
November 7th, 2005 01:24 PM
Dan The sound crew did an amazing job for not having mixed at that kind of venue before this tour (and using the house PA).
November 7th, 2005 03:40 PM
Saint Sway what does "semi b-stage" mean?

great set list. Cool of them to shake it up

congrats to the Lucky bastards that were in attendance!!
November 7th, 2005 03:48 PM
time is on my side Just from a setlist perspective, I would rate this and the Albany show as the two best I've seen listed (imo). Judging from some of the comments of the people who were lucky enough to attend these shows, they also appear to be awesome in terms of performance as well.

[Edited by time is on my side]
November 7th, 2005 05:52 PM
Saint Sway set list is great. Drop IORR and put in Rough Justice is my only suggestion
November 7th, 2005 06:30 PM
Soldatti One of the best setlist of the tour.
Dead Flowers, Midnight Rambler and All Down The Line in the same night!
November 7th, 2005 08:27 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
set list is great. Drop IORR and put in Rough Justice is my only suggestion

You know I hadn't really noticed that they didn't play Rough Justice (for some reason I had just assumed it was there- must be a mental block or something).

Yeah, excellent point. Drop one of the warhorses (like IORR or YGMR) and by all means put RJ in it's place. Still a great setlist.

[Edited by time is on my side]
November 8th, 2005 09:23 AM
DAVINO
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:
Looks like the Stones are really saying: thank you, for your wine, California....

Sweet Virginia?!?
November 8th, 2005 11:07 AM
moy Rolling Stones make a splash in Hollywood Bowl
DEAN GOODMAN

AGENCIES[ TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 08, 2005 12:20:38 AM]
NRI Special Offer!
LOS ANGELES: The Rolling Stones returned to the Hollywood Bowl for the first time since 1966 on Sunday, playing for about 18,000 fans at the historic venue including U2 guitarist Edge, actor Tom Hanks and cycling champion Lance Armstrong.

The two-hour set was the first of a pair of sold-out performances at the 83-year-old hillside arena as part of the rock band’s ‘A Bigger Bang’ world tour. A second show will take place on Tuesday.

Two days after the band played a spotty show at the vast Angel Stadium in Anaheim, south of Los Angeles, the Stones had to adjust to a no-frills set-up on a tiny stage. At times, hyperactive frontman Mick Jagger could barely contain himself within the tight confines.

In a nostalgic mood, he told the crowd that a lot had changed since 1966, noting that tickets were $4 back then. This time, the top price was $479.50, though some seats in the front were set aside for hardcore fans at $122.50 each.

“The only thing that’s a bit similar is the set list,” Jagger said jokingly, though the only songs that dated from that era were ‘Get Off Of My Cloud’ and the encore tune ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.’ Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood, and drummer Charlie Watts let the songs speak for themselves. Despite the historic nature of the show, they did not unearth any rarities, opting for a lineup of tried-and-tested tunes that have been played many times since the tour began on August 21.

The show kicked off in top gear with such chestnuts as ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘It’s Only Rock’n Roll’ and ‘Tumbling Dice’, and detoured into country (‘Dead Flowers’), and epic blues (‘Midnight Rambler’).Jagger also strapped on a guitar for several tunes, including the bottleneck blues of ‘Back of My Hand’, one of three from the band’s new album, also titled ‘A Bigger Bang’.

Besides a delirious Hanks, a low-key Edge and Armstrong, the celebrity quotient also included actor James Spader, who reverentially shook his head throughout the show, his ‘Boston Legal’ co-star William Shatner, Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood, comic Garry Shandling, baseball slugger Barry Bonds, actress Meg Ryan, and liberal activist Steve Bing.
November 8th, 2005 08:54 PM
corgi37 I wonder if Shatner had to pay for 2 seats?

How things changed. Steve Bing is now a "liberal activist". Couple of years ago he was famous for doing the gorgeous Liz Hurley. Who, quite often, is referred to as "Corgi's Liz Hurley".

At least in my "special" dreams.

November 9th, 2005 09:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I wonder if Shatner had to pay for 2 seats?

How things changed. Steve Bing is now a "liberal activist". Couple of years ago he was famous for doing the gorgeous Liz Hurley. Who, quite often, is referred to as "Corgi's Liz Hurley".

At least in my "special" dreams.

bing also produced and played on jerry lee lewis' latest comeback album. i think he played drums on the tour. it must be swell livin the life of a total funder. sh*t, he bankrolled that second staples center gig on the licks tour the last time around. i think he bankrolled that birthday party at the hard rock where the stones played, too. he got off cheap this time 'round...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)