ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody here like...The Who??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 12th, 2005 03:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The lyrics to the title cut, the only keeper in the whole bag (well maybe MMC too), are positively cringe-inducing. "

**** WTF ?!?! ****

You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!

*** COME HERE *** :

After witnessing an outstanding performance by " Bright Eyes " at The Orpheum Theatre last evening this is the LAST friggin thing I need to come back too ...

The lyrics to " WHO ARE YOU " were written in January , 1977 after Pete went drinking with the Sex Pistols at London's Speakeasy Club . The song is a MASTERPIECE and ranks amongst the Greatest of all time ( thirty years later and it is STILL played on the radio NIGHT AND FRIGGIN DAY ).

I am now so distraught , disconcerted , disheartened and stirred to sadness that I must ..................

*********** END TRANSMISSION ********

He was partying with Phil Lynott that night too. Got all hacked and biffed up with him.

Who Are You is nothing special, but its still Who - title track, Entie's Had Enough, MMC, New Song are all solid. Even Sister Disco rocks it out in classic Who style.
November 12th, 2005 04:51 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Neocon wrote:
If you must get Tommy, Who are You, and Who Sell Out find used versions so you don't lose money when you trade them in.

What the FUCK???!!!

FUCK!

That's the biggest fucking bullshit I've ever read on this board! Fuck, fuck, FUCK!

I can maybe...MAYBE...understand Who Are You, although there's really only two crappy songs on there ("Love is Coming Down" and "Guitar and Pen" which sounds like that Reading Rainbow song) and one mediocre song ("New Song") but everything else is great. "Trick of the Light" is an especially overlooked hard-rocking tune.

But Tommy and, horrors, HORRORS, the all-time great The Who Sell Out? What the FUCK!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
November 12th, 2005 05:46 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

I don´t like. I hate Roger Daltrey.

you make jizzy very sad

and disgusted at your level of development

Cazart!!
November 12th, 2005 06:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

What the FUCK???!!!

FUCK!

That's the biggest fucking bullshit I've ever read on this board! Fuck, fuck, FUCK!

I can maybe...MAYBE...understand Who Are You, although there's really only two crappy songs on there ("Love is Coming Down" and "Guitar and Pen" which sounds like that Reading Rainbow song) and one mediocre song ("New Song") but everything else is great. "Trick of the Light" is an especially overlooked hard-rocking tune.

But Tommy and, horrors, HORRORS, the all-time great The Who Sell Out? What the FUCK!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

That dude is fucked up, Boatman. Totally fucked up.
November 13th, 2005 01:20 AM
Zack No need to shit liquid, Joey! I just feel the lyrics of
Who Are You chronicle a disgraceful event in Pete's life, and why would he want to do that? Couldn't he come up with anything better than telling us he feels like a "dying clown" who only "feels right on [his] knees. Ick.

It's like that "I know what it's like to be a woman" quote a few years back. Why Pete, why?
November 13th, 2005 03:28 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He was partying with Phil Lynott that night too. Got all hacked and biffed up with him.

Moonie ...........

Pete has almost died on numerous occasions whilst partying with Lynott ( R.I.P. ) .

November 13th, 2005 03:29 PM
Joey [quote]Zack wrote:
No need to shit liquid, Joey! I just feel the lyrics of
Who Are You chronicle a disgraceful event in Pete's life, and why would he want to do that?

/quote]

I swear THE GOD Zack you shall NOT be greeted this January at THE QWEST CENTER .

|
|
|
|
V
November 13th, 2005 11:54 PM
Zack
quote:
Joey wrote:

I swear THE GOD Zack you shall NOT be greeted this January at THE QWEST CENTER .

How can you treat me so badly! First I'm going to be greeted, booking flights to Eppley Airfield and all - and now this! All over the words to one song! I didn't say it was a bad tune - love the chord progression and "oo-wah-oo" bit - and now I'm...I'm

*************END TRANSMISSION***************
November 14th, 2005 09:02 AM
Joey " How can you treat me so badly! First I'm going to be greeted, booking flights to Eppley Airfield and all - and now this! All over the words to one song! I didn't say it was a bad tune - love the chord progression and "oo-wah-oo" bit - and now I'm...I'm "

Ok , OK !!!!!!!

You SHALL be greeted !!!!!!

......but it is gonna COST you many " Jaggerbombs "

Developing ........................'

|
|
|
V

November 14th, 2005 12:09 PM
Neocon I just wanted to say that the "Oo oh" thing sounds very gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Not many keepers on the Who Are You album. Trick of the Light may be the best song there, but that's not saying too much.

Who Sell Out? Silas Stingy, Our Love Was, Tatoo, Sunrise..... not too good. Rael, I can See for Miles, and Mary Ann... those are pretty good. I can't Reach You, and Armenia City in the Sky, half way decent.

Tommy? Too much Broadway stuff, and Fiddle about/Holiday Camp crap. Good stuff? Yea, Overture/1921, Pinball Wizard. Decent stuff Acid Queen, Christmas, I'm Free. Shit yea: Sally Simpson, Go To the Mirror, Fiddle About, the aweful version of Eye sight to the Blind, every time Daltry sings "See Me Feel Me." Vomitt buck time!

Remember, only opinions.
November 14th, 2005 12:29 PM
Joey

I'm leaving the board
November 14th, 2005 02:05 PM
Jumping Jack Blaspheme!!! May you spend eternity as Bill Clinton's intern you infidel!!!
November 14th, 2005 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Blaspheme!!! May you spend eternity as Bill Clinton's intern you infidel!!!

Jumping Jack .......................

Good Postin' !!!!!!!!!

November 14th, 2005 02:55 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
I just wanted to say that the "Oo oh" thing sounds very gay.

Well considering they're saying "who are you, who, who" and not "oo oh" I don't think it sounds gay.

quote:
Who Sell Out? Silas Stingy, Our Love Was, Tatoo, Sunrise..... not too good. Rael, I can See for Miles, and Mary Ann... those are pretty good. I can't Reach You, and Armenia City in the Sky, half way decent.

Who Sell Out isn't about the individual songs, it's about the overall flow of the album tied in with the phony commercial jingles. "Armenia" is a great rocking opener, even if the lyrics don't mean shit; "I Can See for Miles" isn't just pretty good, it's fucking amazing. Just a side note, "Odorono" is a great song, beautiful melody that I don't think most people realize.

quote:
Tommy? Too much Broadway stuff, and Fiddle about/Holiday Camp crap. Good stuff? Yea, Overture/1921, Pinball Wizard. Decent stuff Acid Queen, Christmas, I'm Free. Shit yea: Sally Simpson, Go To the Mirror, Fiddle About, the aweful version of Eye sight to the Blind, every time Daltry sings "See Me Feel Me." Vomitt buck time!

GOD STRIKE YE DOWN! However, you are somewhat forgiven for recognizing "1921" as a good song (most people think it sucks, despite it's beautiful melody), but "Sally Simpson" and "Go to the Mirror" shit? NO FUCKING WAY!
November 14th, 2005 03:06 PM
Jumping Jack Sparks is one of the greatest songs ever written!!!
November 15th, 2005 09:22 AM
Joey
Damn Straight My Stonesian Brother .

[Edited by Joey]
November 15th, 2005 11:22 AM
Jumping Jack Joey, you must sniff around the usual places for the new 3 DVD Who set. An excellent present for the holidays.
November 15th, 2005 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Joey, you must sniff around the usual places for the new 3 DVD Who set. An excellent present for the holidays.

!!!!!!!!

You will soon have an E- Mail

Joeykins ! ®
November 15th, 2005 11:57 AM
nankerphelge Holidays?

November 15th, 2005 12:20 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Holidays?

Nanky ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
November 15th, 2005 02:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Blaspheme!!! May you spend eternity as Bill Clinton's intern you infidel!!!

Funny !!! ... Outstanding Postin'
November 15th, 2005 02:55 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Unfortunately, the new Who DVD is live footage from '89 and '96, no classic era Who.
November 15th, 2005 04:55 PM
Joey " Unfortunately, the new Who DVD is live footage from '89 and '96, no classic era Who."

[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)